• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

I'm wondering if this news is appropriate or not for this thread.
The "kabuto" used in the Home Run Celebration will be updated.

The SAMURAI STORE, which provided the "kabuto" last time, announced on May 18 (Japan Time) that it had produced multiple new "kabuto" that could be used more safely even during high fives and already delivered them to the Angels. Details are undisclosed at the moment, but there may also be a red "kabuto" of the Angels' color.

Previous announcement below from the SAMURAI STORE
"We are currently working on the safety issues of the kabuto, especially the beetle header boards, that fans have been concerned about and pointed out."

Reference: (14:19 May 18. 2023 Japan Time) Sponichi Annex (Japanese online sports newspaper)

Follow-up of the kabuto update

Press Release: Activity Report of SAMURAI STORE

(I translated this article into English with Google Translate and corrected. Home Run Celebration, actually kabuto, might be better off in a separate thread.)

Addendum May 20, 2023
The "new helmets (kabuto)" that our company SAMURAI STORE provided to the Angels in May were made in-house and outsourced to the workshops located in the Kanto (Tokyo and its surrounding 6 prefectures) region. We are continuing to request the production of safe and lightweight newer ones to multiple armor workshops and craftsmen, including the manufacturer of the first kabuto, Marutake, and we plan to deliver them as soon as they are completed. In this project, the kabuto, which was originally designed for decoration and photography, will be used for a home run celebration at an outdoor baseball stadium overseas where the climate is different from that in Japan. It takes a lot of time and resources to improve. Even now, many workshops and craftsmen are responding. I would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude. It is my sincere hope that this project will serve as an opportunity for the entire new armor industry in Japan to transcend the scope of the company and become a bright and joyful one.

Press Release May 18, 2023
This time, we would like to report the following regarding the helmets (kabuto) for Home Run Celebration, which our company SAMURAI STORE (Head office location: Yokohama, an armor production and sales company), has provided to the Los Angeles Angels.

In order to resolve the safety concerns regarding the use of the helmets (kabuto) during Home Run Celebration by the team officials and fans, we have produced several "new helmets (kabuto) which can be used more safely" for the players. We have already delivered them to the team in May 2023.

SAMURAI STORE will continue to provide maximum support throughout the season so that all of the Angels fans can support and watch the game with peace of mind.

Details of the new helmets (kabuto) are not disclosed at this time.

*These helmets (kabuto) have not been sold to the general public at this time, and no selling price has been set.

*These helmets (kabuto) were originally planned and produced by SAMURAI STORE, and were produced in collaboration with other companies' workshops.

* All helmets (kabuto) used by the Los Angeles Angels in the Home Run Celebration, including one currently in use, are provided free of charge by SAMURAI STORE, and are not sold to the team. Please be careful about incorrect news articles.

Edited by FromJapan
Adding personal impressions

22 minutes ago, Chico said:

At least maybe Shohei will disagree with the Dodgers for their total devotion to the LGBTQIA++ segment of our population. Hopefully Shohei stands up for what he believes and doesn't compromise his values for money.

Maybe he's a 6th floor guy and is a big supporter of alternative lifestyles. 

Even though Ohtani has done some phenomenal things and is playing dual roles unlike anyone before him, I’m starting to be perfectly fine with him signing elsewhere. What we’ve seen so far this season is not worth the contract and salary he’s going to demand. I wish him the best though 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even though Ohtani has done some phenomenal things and is playing dual roles unlike anyone before him, I’m starting to be perfectly fine with him signing elsewhere. What we’ve seen so far this season is not worth the contract and salary he’s going to demand. I wish him the best though 

You cannot let walk and get nothing. If halos fall 6 or more games out of W/C trade him.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You cannot let walk and get nothing. If halos fall 6 or more games out of W/C trade him.

Oh I agree totally but Arte has already said he won’t trade him. I guess we’ll see how serious he was about that 

(YouTube) A Brief History of the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters
From 10:08 -
There is a brief explanation of how Ohtani joined Nippon-Ham Fighters as a two-way player.
Before the draft meeting, he announced that he would go directly to the United States after graduating from high school. He was nominated by Nippon-Ham at the draft meeting, but at first he refused to join the team.