• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

The post above is from "Fa-So-La Tax Free Akihabara+", a duty-free shop located in the post-immigration area of New Tokyo International Airport (Narita Airport, located in Chiba Prefecture, adjacent to Tokyo). Ohtani's merchandise displayed at the store entrance was part of a limited-time offer.

The post below is from the permanent sporting goods store "SELECTION" in Shinjuku Ward, Tokyo.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, Chuck said:

So many people are completely discounting Ohtani returning to the Angels.  But he’s got a place in his heart for the team, the fans.  Angels have a legit shot of him returning.  

Edited by jordan

The more I think about it and the longer it takes I am leaning more to the Ohtani is coming back to the Angels on a short term deal. A I'll show all of you haters and doubters I am the greatest Unicorn ever lol. I am thinking like a 3 year 130 mil deal with a opt out after year 2 so that he can if he wishes go chase his 50 mil a year bag when he proves he can pitch again. He has spent his whole baseball life fighting to prove all the you cant do that people wrong he could see this as a challenge and heck the Angels let him do what ever he wants when he wants there is no guarantee he will get the freedoms he does elsewhere with out people interfearing.  

Edited by Chitown27Fan

14 minutes ago, Chitown27Fan said:

The more I think about it and the longer it takes I am leaning more to the Ohtani is commong back to the Angels on a short term deal. A I'll show all of you haters and doubters I am the greatest Unicorn ever lol. I am thinking like a 3 year 130 mil deal with a opt out after year 2 so that he can if he wishes go chase his 50 mil a year bag when he proves he can pitch again. He has spent his whole baseball life fighting to prove all the you cant do that people wrong he could see this as a challenge and heck the Angels let him do what ever he wants when he wants there is no guarantee he will get the freedoms he does elsewhere with out people interfearing.  

This will be his payday this off season. Why risk an injury and losing out on 400 mill. Wherever he ends up I wish him well. 

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

This will be his payday this off season. Why risk an injury and losing out on 400 mill. Wherever he ends up I wish him well. 

You very well could be right but at this point I dont think its about money and it is more about proving the doubters wrong to him. I think he loves the terms first ever and only one and unicorn next to his name and probable will add the highest paid player ever to the list of his first and onlys. And maybe he doesnt get that this year with the arm being hurt. Again im no one in the know but just thinking/hope out loud I guess.

Japanese version. 
The seven Chinese characters (kanji) to the right of Ohtani mean ”the Outstanding Designated Hitter”.

Shohei Ohtani wins the Outstanding Designated Hitter Award for the third time🎉
He is the second player in history to achieve this feat for three consecutive seasons🥇
Following the MVP award, it was an honor befitting his great season😉

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Because he's employed by ESPN. 

One of the things I pride myself the most of in terms of AngelsWin.com is turning down ESPN, Fox Sports and other large Blog networks who were trying to either purchase us or have us move our content and members under their banner and on their networks. 

Independent all the way baby! 

Yup, love that Victor (and others) can tweet freely without being “held back”