• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 6:48 PM, Chuckster70 said:

He has to be the best player ever. Nobody has done what he has done on both sides of the ball, nobody even comes close, and that includes Babe Ruth. He is elite with the bat, elite on the bases, and elite with the ball in hand on the mound. Two years ago it was a conversation, but not any more.

how did he not win the AL MVP award in 2022?  The guy is unbelievably amazing.

he's doubling his stock every game out there and every game he pitches.

it's MLB but he's making it look like he's that Little League kid who's the best player in the area in hitting and pitching and plays every game -- and he's doing that at the MLB level.  He may be the best player - EVER.  

His stats (hitting and pitching combo) in 2021 and 2022 have never been done before in MLB - certainly not in the live ball  era.

The bidding war for him its going to be something else.  The team who lands him may have to give him partial team ownership.

Video Message from Ohtani to The 31th General Assembly of The Japan Medical Congress
Period: April 21 - 23, 2023. 
Office: The University of Tokyo Hospital 

(Sorry for my sloppy translation.)

Hello everyone, I'm Shohei Ohtani.

I heard that the general meeting of the medical society is held today once every four years.

Since the last meeting, I believe that medical workers have been working harder than usual due to the spread of the COVID-19.

However, thanks to the efforts of everyone involved, the situation is gradually improving.

I am very grateful to you.

I myself have undergone three surgeries, and each time I have been helped by advances in medicine. To this day, I am able to continue playing baseball, which I love.

I have heard that the patients are also attending this meeting today. With the wonderful progress of medicine, I am always encouraged by the fact that the medical professionals and the patients continue to keep moving forward.

From now on, together with the medical congress and the patients, I myself want to keep moving forward.

Let's do our best.

The new ballpark of the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters (NPB) "ES CON FIELD HOKKAIDO" opened in this March.
In the concourse on its first floor, there is a big wall painting (height 18ft x width 23ft) of Darvish and Ohtani. 
It has gained popularity as a photo spot for fans to commemorate their entrance.