• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Great take on the entertainment value of the Halos

Chuck

Statistically speaking it was his worst outing. But in some ways, it was his best - or at least the most promising for future success. In his first two starts he struggled with control and spells of throwing too many pitchers per out, but in this start it was really only the first inning. Meaning, I can see a shorter path from this version of Shohei to the one in which he's got better control and is a true elite starter.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Ohtani with innings 2-5 control/command = fugerttaboutit.

Did Ohtani have control issues going back to his days in Japan?  Maybe that's a more recent thing now in the U.S. and with his various injuries (TJ/arm, blisters, etc.) incurred the past few years.  It seems from day 1 in the U.S. he's had control/command issues.

I agree with the tweet.

Theres plenty of better teams out there, and were 2 days removed from the disaster in houston

But the ohtani storyline alone I think is baseballs biggest story this year. 

Then add Trout.

Put the two together.

Let Rendon get hot.

Pujols' last year...

Like the guy said, lots of storylines.

I really want Walsh to keep it up, not just to help the team win, but to have our own "where the hell did they find him?" guy finally.

37 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Statistically speaking it was his worst outing. But in some ways, it was his best - or at least the most promising for future success. In his first two starts he struggled with control and spells of throwing too many pitchers per out, but in this start it was really only the first inning. Meaning, I can see a shorter path from this version of Shohei to the one in which he's got better control and is a true elite starter.

I felt like his low era from his first two starts was rather lucky based on how bad his control was. For whatever reason, a switch was turned on in the 2nd inning of last night and he looked awesome through innings 2-5. Like a #1 in the rotation type guy awesome. His control issues are real and should be of concern but hopefully last night is the turning point. If it is then I will gladly accept that my concerns about him were stupid and I was stupid. 

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I agree with the tweet.

Theres plenty of better teams out there, and were 2 days removed from the disaster in houston

Then add Trout.

Put the two together.

Let Rendon get hot.

Pujols' last year...

I really want Walsh to keep it up, not just to help the team win, but to have our own "where the hell did they find him?" guy finally.

if the pitching staff can find a way to step it up and play above their heads then this team will be awesome. 

43 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Did Ohtani have control issues going back to his days in Japan?  Maybe that's a more recent thing now in the U.S. and with his various injuries (TJ/arm, blisters, etc.) incurred the past few years.  It seems from day 1 in the U.S. he's had control/command issues.

Shohei Ohtani Japanese Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

They don't look all that bad so this may be a post TJ thing. Hopefully he can right the ship 

I know it was only one game, but the one thing I loved to see from it was when the Angels went down 4-1, they didn’t roll over and die like has been done before.  They came out on fire offensively in the very next inning and kicked ass.  That said a lot to me, seeing as we’ve seen the offensive doldrums with Trout and Rendon out.

Even with Rendon not firing on all cylinders yet, he adds so much protection for Trout.  Trout was in a groove last night, and if Rendon can get on track (which he will), this offense has potential to be lethal.

Lets hope the pen can perform to the level they did last night more consistently.  

Just now, PattyD22 said:

I know it was only one game, but the one thing I loved to see from it was when the Angels went down 4-1, they didn’t roll over and die like has been done before.  They came out on fire offensively in the very next inning and kicked ass.  That said a lot to me, seeing as we’ve seen the offensive doldrums with Trout and Rendon out.

Even with Rendon not firing on all cylinders yet, he adds so much protection for Trout.  Trout was in a groove last night, and if Rendon can get on track (which he will), this offense has potential to be lethal.

Lets hope the pen can perform to the level they did last night more consistently.  

It's apparent that the Halos can not survive without Trout and Rendon in the line up. So glad they're back 

6 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Yeah, having Rendon hitting behind Trout (and the pitcher knows Walsh and Upton are to follow) they have to make some pitches in the zone to Trout. If Walsh (.319/.395/.556) continues to kill it this year, Rendon is going to get protection as well, which will result in him to getting protection and good pitches to hit.

All of that said, Fletcher with another 1-5 performance w/ a walk from the leadoff spot. Iglesias' OPS is a hundred points higher than our leadoff batter and Iglesias almost never takes a walk. 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I agree with the tweet.

Then add Trout.

Put the two together.

Let Rendon get hot.

Pujols' last year...

Walsh reminds me of Jayson Werth. If he can somehow continue to tap into that talent it would be a huge boost for us moving forward.

Just now, LetsGoHalos said:

Walsh reminds me of Jayson Werth. If he can somehow continue to tap into that talent it would be a huge boost for us moving forward.

He needs to up his beard game then...

Funny. I really wanted Werth here back in the day. Be nice if Walsh could be that guy

20 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I agree with TORS.  He’s going to need to step up his beard game a bit.

330D1680-52CA-4F0C-83A6-8841573DF184.jpeg

Walsh looks like he enjoys flannel shirts, and country fried steak.

Werth looks like his FedEx plane crashed and he made best friends with a volleyball on an island

Both look like theyd gross you out eating clam chowder