• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte is a pure reactionary owner

AO. That isn't true either. They are in competition on multiple levels. Arte is going for market share end of story. Did Arte sign Pujols because of something the Dodgers did? No. These things don't happen in a vacuum. The moves didn't work, get over it.

Maybe crap was too strong.

More accurate would be "Arte is seemingly more interested in what the Raviners do and competing with them, then running the best franchise possible.

His past 3 FA signings though, new tv deal aside, have been crap production wise.

$432 million should get you more than a pair of declining hitters and a Nibbler.

So...is that Arte's fault or the players?

Arte is the one signing off on getting them. Someone needs to be held accountable. Too much points to Arte being all over at least Pujols and Hamilton.

If anyone should be held accountable its the fans who say they are fed up with the team but still pay to watch them play. If you want to hold the owner accountable...stop watching.

I was so so so so so so happy to finally have an owner spend $$$ - and I think I still am - maybe.

But I don't know what is worse right know.

Jerrah in the NFL, Cuban in the NBA, or Arte in the MLB.

I'd throw in Al Davis but he's gone. R.I.P.

I still think Arte is better than the other two but some days, I dunno...

JJ, Al Davis, M Cuban, A Moreno...one of these guys are not like the others...anyone care to tell us who and why?

Did you think he was crap after he signed Vlad and Colon? Vlad basically carried the team for 4 years, These signings haven't worked out, but that makes him crap?

Oh, so ARTE signed all the good players, and Reagins-Scioscia and Dipoto signed all the bad ones huh?

Thanks

Now I understand.

Maybe crap was too strong.

More accurate would be "Arte is seemingly more interested in what the Raviners do and competing with them, then running the best franchise possible.

His past 3 FA signings though, new tv deal aside, have been crap production wise.

$432 million should get you more than a pair of declining hitters and a Nibbler.

if you really want to go back:  four out of five top FA signees have been crap!  Hamilton, Pujols, Wilson, Hunter was good, but then comes Gary Mathews Jr.!

True, but there wasn't any way to anticipate that all of them would be this bad this soon, IMO. All had historically been productive players. The year before they each signed with the Angels:

Pujols: .299 BA, 37 HR, 99 RBI.

Wilson: 16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206 SO, 74 BB.

Hamilton: .285 BA, 43 HR, 128 RBI.

Pujols was changing leagues, so it is perhaps understandable that he needed a season to adjust. However, 2013 hasn't started out much better.  Wilson and Hamilton came from the same division, so there was no reason to expect the off-the-cliff performances we have gotten.

Funny how no Ranger fans were anything but happy that both CJ and Hackelton were going

to the competition, and funny how both of them have proven to be the turds Rangerfan said they were.

How the tables have turned. The Rangers were, not long ago, the laughingstock of the West.

The Angels are now the laughingstock of ML baseball, and ownership shows no signs of doing anything,

and are just allowing it to get worse.

Funny how no Ranger fans were anything but happy that both CJ and Hackelton were going

to the competition, and funny how both of them have proven to be the turds Rangerfan said they were.

How the tables have turned. The Rangers were, not long ago, the laughingstock of the West.

The Angels are now the laughingstock of ML baseball, and ownership shows no signs of doing anything,

and are just allowing it to get worse.

You have a fuzzy memory about Hamilton...fans weren't happy at all that he signed with us.

the fact that our defense sucks is a sign this team isn't prepared to take the field, not a sign of poor fielders. look around this team and tell me who are bad fielders. we should be near the best based on personnel.

Gotta love sports fans. Love you one minute and hate you the next. Arte has been a great owner, saying otherwise because you are frustrated just shows your ignorance. 

I'm not going to hammer Moreno just because his FA signings haven't panned out. Some credit needs to be given for his effort, despite our frustration over how the past two seasons have gone. There is no way that he or anyone else could have known that the big three would suddenly turn into non-productive players.

You have a fuzzy memory about Hamilton...fans weren't happy at all that he signed with us.

My memory is fine. I guess I just misinterpreted all the boos I heard at the end of last season in Texas.

Maybe they were just chanting his nickname...booze?

After his teammates had to pull him out of a bar or two, on a bender, I should have figured that one out.

Hamilton is a headcase and CJ is a pussy.

As much as I hate everything about Texas, those Cowboy fans had them pegged perfectly.

Hindsight or not...credit where credit is due.

also, the angels are not the laughingstock of baseball. that's pure horseshit. this is a league that has teams like the marlins, royals, pirates, mariners, etc to count among it's membersship.

the angels are struggling mightily to right their ship, but they have many thiings going for them, if they can just get it fixed. that's why i believe scioscia's got to go.

I'm not going to hammer Moreno just because his FA signings haven't panned out. Some credit needs to be given for his effort, despite our frustration over how the past two seasons have gone. There is no way that he or anyone else could have known that the big three would suddenly turn into non-productive players.

There is no way that he or anyone else could have known that the big three would suddenly turn into non-productive players.

This is just the point. ALL the signs were there, especially when it comes to CJ and Hackelton.

Even with Pujols, the NUMBERS pointed clearly to decline.

CJ and Hackelton were both well known mental midgets.

All of this stuff was ignored, and huge money was thrown at all 3.

If one of these guys doesn't pan out, it is another story..

But ALL 3??

Major bad.

Heads need to roll.

I have defended Dipoto in the past, but now, I don't care who goes..as long as someone goes soon.

also, the angels are not the laughingstock of baseball. that's pure horseshit. this is a league that has teams like the marlins, royals, pirates, mariners, etc to count among it's membersship.

I understand what you're trying to illustrate, but you may have disproven your own point. Of the teams you mentioned, only the Marlins, who appear to be far and away the worst team in baseball, are not the equal of the Angels or better. The Pirates are 37-26, .587 and 3.5 games behind St. Louis in the NL Central. The Royals are 28-32, .467 and 6.5 games behind Detroit in the AL Central. Seattle is a half game behind the Angels. We're nine games under .500 and 10.5 games out, and we're barely more than a week into June - and that is after a recent eight-game winning streak.

The MLB teams with lower winning percentages than the Angels' .429, as of this minute:

Seattle, .422

Chi Cubs, .417

Milwaukee, .403

NY Mets, .397

Houston, .344

Miami, .290

That's it. The Angels have the third-lowest winning percentage in the American League. One of the two teams behind them only trails them by a half game, and the other just swept a four-game series from them at home.

You are right in saying that the Angels aren't the worst team in baseball. The gap isn't as wide as we all would hope, however. And there are plenty of people laughing at our misfortune, especially because of all the money that was spent to make this team the supposed favorite in the AL West.

If we are talking about who is signed and who isn't.  Wouldn't that be Dipoto's fault?  Why is he getting a pass in this thread?

He signed Blanton, Hamilton and Pujols.  

I was thinking the same thing.  Isn't it the owner that gives the GM the ok to open up the check book and sign players. Isn't it Dipoto job to make the baseball decisions for the team and not Artie. Artie could say to Jerry, why not go after Hamilton and Jerry gives the ok. or should say no, I think the Angels should look in another direction.. I know Artie has the final say if he wants, but Jerry should be the guy making the decisions for the baseball team because of his knowledge and experience.  I would put the blame on Jerry more than Artie, unless Artie is pulling the trigger on these deals vetoing Jerry say, but I don't think Artie is an Al Davis or Jerry Jones type