• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ White Sox (03/13/2021) Ohtani on the mound!

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think we all need to accept the fact that Adell isn't every going to be a very good defender no matter where you put him.  

It really seems like he has a hard time tracking balls. Most major league OFs do that pretty easily, and probably have since they were teenagers. My point is (agreeing with you) if that basic skill still hasn’t come through with the amount of pro games he’s played it’s probably not going to.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Listening to the Chicago feed and they were saying Adell had a loing way to go and it was a difficult play. That and we are spoiled with Mike Trout that knows every inch of the warning track and how to play it so he makes it looks easy. Hunter made it look easy as well. 

He just doesn't take good routes and/or get good reads off the bat.

Just now, Blarg said:

Meanwhile, Ohtani is not dominating like he should.

I think it's a game being pitched by a guy who missed essentially a year and a half of development on the pitching mound and is only 26. He has a long way to go on his game but I'm not trashing a guy that has more potential that faults.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I think it's a game being pitched by a guy who missed essentially a year and a half of development on the pitching mound and is only 26. He has a long way to go on his game but I'm not trashing a guy that has more potential that faults.

I think you are right. Except this guy had five years of professional bnaseball under his belt before that. He needs to get his shit together.

Despite the results this inning, where he could have easily been out of this inning with just the one run allowed (Adell's drop and the bloop hit), I'm super impressed with his curveball, splitter and slider -- in addition to the heat off his fastball. 

It's spring training and he's look healthy and pretty damn good. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Meanwhile, Ohtani is not dominating like he should.

I suspect he is working on things and doesn’t care about the outcome. If I remember correctly, that is his MO during spring training even when in Japan.  It reminds me of the first spring he played for the Angels.