• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Matt Vasgersian as their new PBP announcer

mmc

Finally some Angels content that I'm looking for on the MLB Network. I haven't watched much of their shows this offseason due to the lack of splashworthy moves, but I'm guessing tomorrow there's going to be a ton of folks on the network talking about this, as they're going to lose one of their best to be the voice of a team of the best player in baseball. 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:16 AM, yk9001 said:

I've heard for decades now, board members bragging about how Arte made this a large market team.  So much of this organization screams small market.  Every single part of their broadcasting screams.. well I won't say small market, because some small markets are good.  

The radio station sucks.  The 'face' of the radio, Roger Lodge, sucks.  Terry Smith sucks.  Gubicza sucks (I understand others like him).  Jose Mota is so bad, he is actually good.  But otherwise, there is nothing about the entire presentation that reflects "large market".

Excellent choice by Matty-V. I've heard his games and he is excellent. I didn't expect it this deep into the Cactus sked. I don't recall hearing Sutton's work, although I've forgotten who the TV subs were the past couple of seasons when Vic was away. There are only a couple of weeks left on his off-season MLBN show with Harold.

I'm glad I was wrong in my guess that I previously posted. I hope the Angels' ratings rise this season on Bally Sports.

EDIT: Sutton is a blank spot for me. I read he was a radio PBP with the Angels in 2000-2001 or thereabouts. I was out of range of Angels radio and didn't go online audio until 2004.

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This really isn’t that big of a surprise considering that the last guy (Victor) was an MLB Network guy, and had National recognition.  

I don't recall Vic having as nearly a big of a national presence as MV.  To be honest, i don't even remember him from the MLB Network.

Longtime lurker, I made an account because this is crazy news, games will be more bearable to watch win or lose, also Sutton is even better imo.  I realize that Matty V wants to cover Mike Trout before he loses that opportunity and he must see something in the team to have chosen us over the Dodgers, perhaps he also wants to cover some A's games (given he's an A's fan) but I think he's very non partial, given he does national games and will continue to do so.

24 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

It's great news.  MV will be excellent.  The return of Daron Sutton is the cherry on top.

But I am still going to miss Victor.

Well, Victor left on his own accord so the loss isn't painful really.

I'll also add that I find Mota kind of abrasive, not sure how he keeps climbing the ladder.  I guess some like his work ethic or enthusiasm.  Gubi as well, he's a little goofy sometimes and over enthusiastic. 

53 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This really isn’t that big of a surprise considering that the last guy (Victor) was an MLB Network guy, and had National recognition.  

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't recall Vic having as nearly a big of a national presence as MV.  To be honest, i don't even remember him from the MLB Network.

I am with Lou.  MV did some big games... post season games.  Did Vic? 

I think it's a huge surprise.

It's really nice to see.  Quite the coup for the Angels.

Vasgersian is definitely a bigger name now than Rojas was then.   MLB Network was barely on anybody's cable back then... back when a lot of people had cable.   I know I didn't get it until the second year.   Victor Rojas was great.  I admire him. To move on from a pretty cushy job to chase his dreams....  damn.