• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: White Sox @ Angels 3/1/21

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I wonder if the home team will still bat if they're leading going into the bottom of the 5th?  Seems like you'd still want guys to get ABs.  I honestly don't even really get the 5 inning thing. 

Yes

7 minutes ago, Don said:

I’m really intrigued to see what Iglesias does offensively this year. I mean his swing looks really really good. And he had a crazy good year last year. But the rest of his career suggests something really different. So does that mean he just had a flukey hot streak last year, or did something change in his game/finally click? Because if he’s anywhere close to what he was on offense last year and plays the D we know he can, then he’s an absolute steal.

274DBA3F-7315-4F88-B33B-ED612EA77E0C.jpeg.76f3d2d8eb28961370e9eceef0202e08.jpeg

Looks like he has tweaked it a bit over the years judging from this shot

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

Bard in career form 

I don't get the team's fascination with him.  Sure, he throws hard and has pretty good K numbers in the minors--but so does practically every single other reliever these days (one exception being Slegers, oddly enough).  Doesn't seem to translate into major league success for him.

Just now, True Grich said:

Yeah, but he's a great club house guy.

I'll be using that phrase all season.

He and Dexter Fowler are already best buds.  They do thrice-weekly dinners for the whole club, with Bard cooking the mains and Fowler handling appetizers and desserts.  Afterwards, there's a short Bible study, and then they sing hymns, followed by some self-help actualizations.  Everyone is very happy and feels like a big family.

27 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I’m actually going to go look for Iglesias clips right now and see if his swing has always been like that. I thought it was different back in the day. And I sure as shit didn’t watch any Orioles games last year 

Dude rocked a .407 BABIP last year, which is probably a bit lucky, but you don't get anywhere near that number unless you're hitting rockets pretty consistently.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He and Dexter Fowler are already best buds.  They do thrice-weekly dinners for the whole club, with Bard cooking the mains and Fowler handling appetizers and desserts.  Afterwards, there's a short Bible study, and then they sing hymns, followed by some self-help actualizations.  Everyone is very happy and feels like a big family.

That's not what I heard.  I heard Fowler brings the beer and Bard brings the chips. They binge watch Fast and Furious movies and hire a tattoo artist to come in and inks anyone that wants one. Sometimes they bring in Joe Mota to sing karaoke and he slays it.  His version of Stairway to Heaven brings tears to their eyes.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

That's not what I heard.  I heard Fowler brings the beer and Bard brings the chips. They binge watch Fast and Furious movies and hire a tattoo artist to come in and inks anyone that wants one. Sometimes they bring in Joe Mota to sing karaoke and he slays it.  His version of Stairway to Heaven brings tears to their eyes.

The thought of Jose Mota doing karaoke is somehow extremely funny to me.