• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Offense vs. Pitching

Torridd

The Angels made that huge, multi-year offer to Cole last year, so the narrative that he’s only open to 1 year deals is false.

If he didn’t meddle, we wouldn’t have Rendon. I know he’s not perfect, and deserves a lot of blame, but he’s a good owner willing to spend money. 

Just now, failos said:

The Angels made that huge, multi-year offer to Cole last year, so the narrative that he’s only open to 1 year deals is false.

If he didn’t meddle, we wouldn’t have Rendon. I know he’s not perfect, and deserves a lot of blame, but he’s a good owner willing to spend money. 

Right.  Why would Cole turn down 1 year and $300 million?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Of course he is. But it isn’t as extreme as the stupid narratives are by some of you guys. 

I agree, I don’t think he’s got some rule that whoever the GM is can’t sign pitchers to a multi-year deal. However he’s put his GM’s in tough spots due to his spending, hard budget and wanting to stay “competitive”.

Rendon is a great player but if there’s going to be a hard budget line (which it seems like there is) and the goal is to win a championship he is a luxury this team cannot afford. I think most agreed that signing Rendon only made sense if it didn’t hinder signing/acquiring real pitchers but it seems like it has.

Looking ahead to the next couple of seasons this teams success will heavily depend on the impact of our top prospects. As a few have already mentioned the money that comes off the books next season (Pujols) is almost all accounted for already. 

4 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

I agree, I don’t think he’s got some rule that whoever the GM is can’t sign pitchers to a multi-year deal. However he’s put his GM’s in tough spots due to his spending, hard budget and wanting to stay “competitive”.

Rendon is a great player but if there’s going to be a hard budget line (which it seems like there is) and the goal is to win a championship he is a luxury this team cannot afford. I think most agreed that signing Rendon only made sense if it didn’t hinder signing/acquiring real pitchers but it seems like it has.

Looking ahead to the next couple of seasons this teams success will heavily depend on the impact of our top prospects. As a few have already mentioned the money that comes off the books next season (Pujols) is almost all accounted for already. 

I have no idea what role Arte had in some of the signings that are hampering us.  Dipoto sure took credit for Albert at the time.  As for Josh, I would call it more an issue with his judgement than the signing itself.  He believed Josh, which turned out to be the wrong thing to do.  Josh was NEVER the player with the Angels he was before.