• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hanford Guy's Hijacked Memes Thread

nate

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tank

• Vegas Halo Fan

• HanfordGuy

• Redondo

On 12/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, gotbeer said:

Los Angeles, 1930, in color.  No potholes.  Mass transit everywhere.  People bustling in the streets.  No homeless everywhere.  2 lane streets, with traffic moving.  How we have evolved.

That's really cool footage.

10 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

You'd get 40 nice steaks out of that and at $10 per steak that's a pretty good price for a quality Rib-Eye.

I'm more concerned that the sell-by date is four months away!

Aged beef is better. Not aged in plastic at the Walmart but properly aged beef is awesome. But if you read the label correctly it is only 6 days from expiration. Silly Euros putting the month after the day. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You pay about 30% less if you can pick that up at a restaurant supply store. But when you figure a 16oz prime rib at a steakhouse like Morton's is going to cost at least $65, this is a deal at $18 a pound. 

i couldn't imagine dropping $400 on a cut of meat. i also couldn't imagine paying $65 for a steak. without a doubt it's delicious when prepared correctly, but that's just a crazy amount of money.

* if paired with a nice pumpkin beer, i'd quickly change my mind

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Aged beef is better. Not aged in plastic at the Walmart but properly aged beef is awesome. But if you read the label correctly it is only 6 days from expiration. Silly Euros putting the month after the day. 

Now where would the fun be in that?

Agree with the aged beef, a local farm does the most delicious Angus beef they hang for 21 days before butchering. Juicy, tasty and more B vitamins and minerals than the broccoli. Got vitamin D too, which is pretty handy in gloomy winter time Britain (I haven't seen the sun since Tuesday, won't see it tomorrow, or the next day, might be out for a couple of hours on Monday though - yay!). 

12 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Now where would the fun be in that?

Agree with the aged beef, a local farm does the most delicious Angus beef they hang for 21 days before butchering. Juicy, tasty and more B vitamins and minerals than the broccoli. Got vitamin D too, which is pretty handy in gloomy winter time Britain (I haven't seen the sun since Tuesday, won't see it tomorrow, or the next day, might be out for a couple of hours on Monday though - yay!). 

The Whole Foods in Santa Monica used to have an aged beef section and I bought a couple pounds of ribeye for a dinner with my parents. Trimmed it, simple salt and pepper seasoning then bbq'ed the steaks to a perfect medium rare. It was pearls before swine, my father threw his piece back on the grill until it was well done then turned it into a pet lick with table salt. Thankfully he didn't ask for ketchup or I would have had to kick him out of the house.