• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

7 minutes ago, ScottSted said:

Sweet, thanks. Some nice performances (game isn't quite over):

Placencia 1-3, 2 walks (this guy excites me - could be a high average, line-drive machine)

A-Ram 3-5, 1 HR (big power, just needs to develop hit tool)

Vera 3-5, 1 2B, 2 3B (some like him better than Paris, could be his eventual SS-2B partner)

Blakely 2-4, 1 BB (lots of tools)

Bonilla 2-5, 1 2B (was over-matched in A, so hopefully will gain confidence in Rookie ball)

Deveaux 2-5, 1 3B (toolsy outfielder, some are giving up on but I Want to Believe - could be a great 4OF)

Hidalgo 4.1 IP, 3 ER, 8 Ks (only heard of him recently, but scouting reports show upside)

We really couldn't have hoped for a better start.

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

All the rest of our farm teams suck, but our Arizona Squad is probably the most talented. 

Angels farm is weird.

they were worse in 2019.  Tri Cities is a shit show but the others have a few positives.  Some of the no name hitters are coming around and we've actually got a few pitchers doing good things.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

they were worse in 2019.  Tri Cities is a shit show but the others have a few positives.  Some of the no name hitters are coming around and we've actually got a few pitchers doing good things.  

The Tri-City team is just so bad. At this point, the players have got to be feeling it. Their pitching is bad and their offense is absolutely horrendous.

It's so bad that I kind of want them to move Jordyn Adams out of there. I just think it may be really tough for him to succeed with such a barren team

18 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The Tri-City team is just so bad. At this point, the players have got to be feeling it. Their pitching is bad and their offense is absolutely horrendous.

It's so bad that I kind of want them to move Jordyn Adams out of there. I just think it may be really tough for him to succeed with such a barren team

No reason he can't focus on his own development and then, once he gets hot, they can promote him out of there. But there's a big jump between A+ and AA--the biggest in the minors, imo--so I think he needs to show something before being promoted.

34 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Sweet, thanks. Some nice performances (game isn't quite over):

Placencia 1-3, 2 walks (this guy excites me - could be a high average, line-drive machine)

A-Ram 3-5, 1 HR (big power, just needs to develop hit tool)

Vera 3-5, 1 2B, 2 3B (some like him better than Paris, could be his eventual SS-2B partner)

Blakely 2-4, 1 BB (lots of tools)

Bonilla 2-5, 1 2B (was over-matched in A, so hopefully will gain confidence in Rookie ball)

Deveaux 2-5, 1 3B (toolsy outfielder, some are giving up on but I Want to Believe - could be a great 4OF)

Hidalgo 4.1 IP, 3 ER, 8 Ks (only heard of him recently, but scouting reports show upside)

We really couldn't have hoped for a better start.

Bonkers night. If these guys turn in a good year this org starts to look really really good down on the farm.

And also possibly really, really dumb for firing Eppler. 

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

There's your Lackey comp.  Sans the douchery hopefully and the horse face.  Different world or baseball in terms of innings but he seems bulldogish.  

I'm trying to figure out what they see as Wantz' role in the majors. 

Is tonight's outing them really converting him to a starter? He's pitched at least 4.0 innings 3 other times this year. 

5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I'm trying to figure out what they see as Wantz' role in the majors. 

Is tonight's outing them really converting him to a starter? He's pitched at least 4.0 innings 3 other times this year. 

I’m thinking it could be more of a multi-inning RP type. Eppler had damn near every arm converted to “starting” in 2019. Almost anyone of quality was used as a tandem starter. Probably easier to scale them back to a one-inning true reliever type than the other way around once they hit the bigs.