• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels linked to Schwarber

Warfarin

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

If Ohtani isn't pitching in 2021, why would that be?  Concerns about his arm?  Wouldn't RF be an issue for the same reason?

No pitching you throw curves, splitters lot more stress than throwing from RF. How many throws from RF during a game compared to off the mound? He was working out in OF and at 1B last year, like Maddon said to good an athletic to just DH

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Ohtani RF played it in Japan

Ohtani played 8 games in the outfield in 2014. You really want to point to that as reasoning he can play there now? Let's take the guy who is struggling to stay healthy enough to pitch and last year looked horrible at the plate and have him play the outfield which he played 8 games there in another country 6 + years ago.  Any more hot takes?

33 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Ohtani played 8 games in the outfield in 2014. You really want to point to that as reasoning he can play there now? Let's take the guy who is struggling to stay healthy enough to pitch and last year looked horrible at the plate and have him play the outfield which he played 8 games there in another country 6 + years ago.  Any more hot takes?

Playing OF is not brain surgery he is a gifted athletic as Maddon has said to gifted an athletic to just DH. It's catching fly balls and getting to balls hit in OF and throwing it back in. How many players go from INF to OF. Why was he working out in OF and 1B last year. Yes I think he could play OF, would he need to work at it sure hit him some fly balls, how hard would that be. Hey how about this try him in spring games.. If cannot pitch anymore halos will find him a position.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Playing OF is not brain surgery he is a gifted athletic as Maddon has said to gifted an athletic to just DH. It's catching fly balls and getting to balls hit in OF and throwing it back in. How many players go from INF to OF. Why was he working out in OF and 1B last year. Yes I think he could play OF, would he need to work at it sure hit him some fly balls, how hard would that be. Hey how about this try him in spring games.. If cannot pitch anymore halos will find him a position.

read what you just wrote and then think of jo adell 2020, then remember that jo adell is also a tremendously gifted athlete and he's played RF a great deal.

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

read what you just wrote and then think of jo adell 2020, then remember that jo adell is also a tremendously gifted athlete and he's played RF a great deal.

Adell very young and still learning made mistakes but also made great strides in RF. I'm saying Ohtani could play RF would need work but could do it.

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Adell very young and still learning made mistakes but also made great strides in RF. I'm saying Ohtani could play RF would need work but could do it.

i don't disagree that ohtani could play LF/RF if he's moved off pitching, but that's certainly not the plan. i disagree with the idea that's often thrown out that 1b,2b,Of are just easy defensive positions that anybody can just play no problem. mlb is very hard, it's even more difficult when you don't know how to play the position you're at. 

i don't know what strides adell made in RF last year, but i hope you're right. he looked horrible all the way up until the season mercifully ended for him.

20 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i don't disagree that ohtani could play LF/RF if he's moved off pitching, but that's certainly not the plan. i disagree with the idea that's often thrown out that 1b,2b,Of are just easy defensive positions that anybody can just play no problem. mlb is very hard, it's even more difficult when you don't know how to play the position you're at. 

i don't know what strides adell made in RF last year, but i hope you're right. he looked horrible all the way up until the season mercifully ended for him.

As a hitter was over matched but in RF improved defensively. Is it time ti trade Adell and Marsh (who are both 1 to 2 years years away) for starters before Trout gets to old.

7 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

How about Ohtani in RF, he played it in Japan. If he is not able to pitch in 2021 have him in RF, he's a great athlete has great speed and use Schwarber as DH. 

We need a lefty in lineup, put Ohtani in RF and Schwarber at DH.

Ohtani in RF and Schwarber DH.

Ohtani has played OF in Japan and is a gifted athlete. 

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree Ohtani in RF

Hey, genius, Ohtani played all of 57 games in right field during his career in Japan. He is not an outfielder. No matter how many times you post, play him in right field , it does not make him a viable major league outfielder. He would be more likely to injure himself and not be able to pitch, which is his real value to the Angels. 

So, yeah, your and idiot. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Hey, genius, Obtain played all of 57 games in right field during his career in Japan. He is not an outfielder. No matter how many times you post, play him in right field , it does not make him a viable major league outfielder. He would be more likely to injure himself and not be able to pitch, which is his real value to the Angels. 

It's time to obtain Obtain.

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Hey, genius, Obtain played all of 57 games in right field during his career in Japan. He is not an outfielder. No matter how many times you post, play him in right field , it does not make him a viable major league outfielder. He would be more likely to injure himself and not be able to pitch, which is his real value to the Angels. 

So how much has he pitched last 4 years including last year in Japan. He is an very talented athlete with great speed he can learn to play RF as did Taylor Ward when he was a catcher his whole career. He has been injured as a pitcher, so let's hurt in RF or as a pitcher. So who's an idiot and if he cannot pitch he will only DH. Maddon has said he has too much too just DH. I guess Maddon is an idiot. How many players switch positions? 

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Tell that to Adell

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So how much has he pitched last 4 years including last year in Japan. He is an very talented athlete with great speed he can learn to play RF as did Taylor Ward when he was a catcher his whole career. He has been injured as a pitcher, so let's hurt in RF or as a pitcher. So who's an idiot and if he cannot pitch he will only DH. Maddon has said he has too much too just DH. I guess Maddon is an idiot. How many players switch positions? 

The major leagues is not where you learn to play a position. Taylor Ward was shifted to the outfield two years ago and he played primarily left field. They threw him in right field this year because they traded away their right fielder and Adell didn't perform well in his call up. I would not start Ward in right field just as I wouldn't put Ohtani out there because his value is pitching, whether you believe it or not. What Maddon says is what the tide level is that day. 

You can keep banging the same drum but it doesn't resonate with anyone that understands a guy that can throw 98 mph shouldn't be counting blades of grass in the outfield.

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Neither Joc nor Schwarber really do anything to address the team's weaknesses. If it is February and all of the weaknesses have been addressed and you've got some pocket change left then sure, pick one up for a few bucks. Not right now it doesn't make any sense.

Angels were -0.6 in right field over 60 games last year. Pederson projects to be a 3 win improvement on that next year according to fan graphs.

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The major leagues is not where you learn to play a position. Taylor Ward was shifted to the outfield two years ago and he played primarily left field. They threw him in right field this year because they traded away their right fielder and Adell didn't perform well in his call up. I would not start Ward in right field just as I wouldn't put Ohtani out there because his value is pitching, whether you believe it or not. What Maddon says is what the tide level is that day. 

You can keep banging the same drum but it doesn't resonate with anyone that understands a guy that can throw 98 mph shouldn't be counting blades of grass in the outfield.

How much has Ohtani pitched last 4 years? Robin Yount SS went to CF it happens a lot.

5 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

By any chance were you an English major at Hofstra?

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Hey, genius, Ohtani played all of 57 games in right field during his career in Japan. He is not an outfielder. No matter how many times you post, play him in right field , it does not make him a viable major league outfielder. He would be more likely to injure himself and not be able to pitch, which is his real value to the Angels. 

Adell for Manning