• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bombing Brown People

The general consensus here (and even I believed it) was that Obama was drone happy, but Trump either stopped or radically decreased the amount of drone strikes and ushered in a hands-off approach to foreign policy.

I learned today that this narrative is untrue. Regarding drone strikes, in 2019 Trump signed an executive order removing an Obama-era rule in which the U.S. has to publish the amount of civilian deaths resulting from drone strikes. The number of drone strikes has actually increased under Trump, but we don't know the precise amount because the CIA is now allowed to keep their activity a secret.

During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, there have been 2,243 drone strikes. The Republican president has also made some of the operations, the ones outside of war zones, more secretive. As a result, things have different today: under Mr Trump, there are more drone strikes - and less transparency.

Trump had more drone strikes in 2.5 years than Obama had in 8 years, and that was before the 2019 executive order.

Sources:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/432871-trump-nixes-public-report-on-drone-strike-deaths

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/obama-drones-trump-killings-count/

Yes, both sides have a hard-on for bombing brown people. But let's stop pretending that the Trump administration was a 4-year isolationist reprieve from the military industrial complex.

Edited by Taylor

Here you go, Jay:

During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, there have been 2,243 drone strikes. The Republican president has also made some of the operations, the ones outside of war zones, more secretive. As a result, things have different today: under Mr Trump, there are more drone strikes - and less transparency.

Trump had more drone strikes in 2.5 years than Obama had in 8 years, and that was before the 2019 executive order.

There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-bureau-of-investigative-journalism/

I'm sure the Trump administration is more trustworthy.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Is this like an Abraham negotiating with God about Sodom and Gomorrah situation?

"If I find but 5 drone strikes in this president's administration, will thoust spare the White House?"

I’m going to need to see some video of Abraham.

Edited by T.G.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Maybe it’s just me, but people expressing their outrage on a message board primarily  designed for baseball talk is just ripe for all kinds of comedy.

What's worse: being outraged about drone strikes or being outraged that Andrelton Simmons opted out early?

I'll take your answer off air.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

What's worse: being outraged about drone strikes or being outraged that Andrelton Simmons opted out early?

I'll take your answer off air.

Isn’t it obvious?

Also... How early?

Edited by T.G.