• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calscuf + Wopphil

19 minutes ago, Adam said:

Anyway, it was pretty remarkable that we never offered them $1 and got them to come down from $560K to $40K. They're finally admitting their case is crap.

I’m fascinated to know the obscure details of what you do, and what they claimed. 

We got sued by a temp worker who claimed rest and meal period violations, amongst other things. EPLI firm basically says most of these are cash grabs by predatory attorneys. No, not you @calscuf

10 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I’m fascinated to know the obscure details of what you do, and what they claimed. 

We got sued by a temp worker who claimed rest and meal period violations, amongst other things. EPLI firm basically says most of these are cash grabs by predatory attorneys. No, not you @calscuf

Oh man it would take so long to explain everything. I'm usually getting sued by gig workers and they are 100% cash grabs. Outside of CA I can typically settle those super quickly for small amounts of money. $1000 - $2500. Inside CA is much tougher. The laws are written for them to get something no matter what. But I've got a real good legal team. 

In this case we are being sued by a former client of ours. This company operated in Florida and in a few other States. They ran a third party restaurant delivery app company similar to Grubhub or Doordash. They sold their business to a company in MN for stock. That company sold to a company called Waitr for a bunch of cash so these guys got paid. Anyway, after their sale was closed and publicized a driver sued them for misclassification - claiming he should have been a W2 and not a 1099. They were sued by this firm https://www.llrlaw.com/ which has brought the biggest cases against Uber, Et al. They ultimately settled for a half million or something in their class action(s). They then sued us for their settlement amount and legal fees saying we had an obligation to defend them.  We didn't. Nothing in the evidence supports in any way that we defend our clients in law suits and or contribute in any way. We weren't a defendant in the case. I was deposed by the plaintiffs and we were still never named as a defendant. 

Their claim is that our CEO verbally told them we would defend them. He wouldn't ever do that. In any case, that's their case. Despite the fact that our contracts, marketing materials and hundreds of email correspondences show that we don't do that, they're stating they were verbally told we would. There's case law that states that plaintiffs cannot rely on verbal statements. 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Dude. It's my attorney. He's great. He's in Florida and works for @wopphil's firm. Plus, these stupid fucks are lying and keep changing their story and 100% of the evidence through discovery and the depositions supports our position. They hired a bad attorney. We're going Rule 11 him next week if his clients don't walk away.

Love it dude, great to hear. Brett is the man. Glad this might be about to end on good terms.