• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calscuf + Wopphil

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Did you slide the offer across the table on a upside down piece of paper?

Virtually. The mediator is this super old gay dude. he's awesome. He got up and had basketball shorts on. classic

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I'm in mediation today.  Plaintiff's = We want $560K. My counter offer = I'll let you pay me 75% of my legal fees. 

Wonder where this will end up.

So if he delays, do you go say it's a different world than an hour ago.  You can now pay 100% of my legal fees.

39 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Yeah. I know nothing about that.  Basically you'd get the same uninformed and ignorant opinion on the subject from @Blarg as I could give you.  

The difference, obviously, being that he would act like he knew what he was talking about.

My advice, which is very sound, is baseball message boards provide legal advice that is worth every penny you pay for. 

Also, banana slugs are the slowest creature on earth and uses slime to clean themselves with. Just a fact you might want to consider. 

They opened at $560K

I offered -$50K (they pay $50K of our $73K in legal fees that are recoverable)

They countered $425K

I countered $0 for them to walk away

They countered $40K

I countered $0 for them to walk away with a 48 hour deadline.

I'm exhausted.

10 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Adam - we need your negotiation skills in the “Bombing Brown People” thread.

Dude. It's my attorney. He's great. He's in Florida and works for @wopphil's firm. Plus, these stupid fucks are lying and keep changing their story and 100% of the evidence through discovery and the depositions supports our position. They hired a bad attorney. We're going Rule 11 him next week if his clients don't walk away.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Dude. It's my attorney. He's great. He's in Florida and works for @wopphil's firm. Plus, these stupid fucks are lying and keep changing their story and 100% of the evidence through discovery and the depositions supports our position. They hired a bad attorney. We're going Rule 11 him next week if his clients don't walk away.

So, you're not going to participate in the "Bombing Brown People" thread?  A simple "no" would have sufficed.

Just now, Taylor said:

Why reward them? You should make the frat boy perform in drag.

The longer the case goes, the more fees we rack up. And even though we will be entitled to legal fees and will get a judgement for them, it doesn't mean we will collect them easily or at all. Giving them $10K is almost a troll anyway.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

The longer the case goes, the more fees we rack up. And even though we will be entitled to legal fees and will get a judgement for them, it doesn't mean we will collect them easily or at all. Giving them $10K is almost a troll anyway.

This is the exact strategy Warner Bros takes on any show litigation. If they can't see a dollar return on their legal costs they throw an almost insignificant dollar at the problem to make it go away.

There was one time they did act ruthlessly and that was to settle a sexual harassment case involving a junior show writer on a SitCom that claimed others used inappropriate language and questions when discussing possible story lines. They slapped that down so hard claiming the process exceeded an expectation of a workplace that didn't discuss sex and relationships, even if the questions were personal it provided information to use as work product. 

Then they countersued the pants off the junior writer putting that person in bankruptcy. They basically bragged about that when they used to have mandatory meetings once a year about sexual harassment in the workplace. Their point was, squabble and sue each other but don't you dare bring the Bros in on it.