• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels GM Search Thread - down to Justin Hollander and Perry Minasian, Minasian is the frontrunner

mmc

I think the problem is that they had 5 or 6 years where they basically didn’t develop major league players.  The result of that is a whole litany of problems.  They don’t need a forensic introspection.  I mean do whatever you need to do to review your year.  But the  goal should be that the Angels will be the best baseball player development organization on earth.  Reach for the stars etc.  Then have the rich ass organization splash when necessary. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, rafibomb said:

At this point I have no other choice but to be optimistic that although Carpino said that, they are both aware of the problem will change under the next GM and he just doesn't want to admit Arte is in the wrong.

I always say the first step towards fixing the problem is not admitting what the problem is.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Moreno = Steinbrenner, without the bluster.

No doubt about it now.

Oh, goody!

the yankees had the highest payroll in baseball from 1999 through when Steinbrenner died in 2010 by almost 50% above the next closest.  Granted there was no CBT and associated penalties.  

their front office basically had zero restrictions on making the team better under his reign.  

If Arte wants to expand payroll to that level then he can do whatever the F he wants.  

I have not idea what 'likes to be part of the process' means, but my guess is that Carpino is actually down playing the level with which Arte is involved.  

This comment actually makes me appreciate what Eppler was able to do even more than I did before.  

Yeah if Arte is planning on hiring a GM to fix the current situation (without expanding the luxury tax threshold) he's just shooting himself in the foot to look alive, the current squad is ready to go.  I'll keep saying it.  Any changes to the rotation or lineup is backtracking.