• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I'm not going to believe anything they say. The truth will come out in the contract negotiations. I'll be surprised if Laine agrees to anything beyond RFA.

if you're getting benched this quickly into a season with a new team, i'm guessing a long term contract with said team is not in your future.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I can buy that the new broadcast deal is good for the NHL. But, does anyone one think that for the fans this is any better (and, possibly worse?). Now you're going to have two separate entities doing the playoffs. With possibly different landing spaces on all the subscriptions. I see a possible nightmare coming.

Plus, this does nothing to fix the local blackout situation. Which probably doesn't get better with DIsney running the streaming instead of the NHL.

You better have not f'ed this up Bettman.

And, to reinforce my pessimism, I just read an article in the Athletic titled something,something how the deal will affect the league, the salary cap, and the viewers. I got to the end of the story and was wondering what happened to the part covering the viewers. Oops, forgot to cover that.

We're screwed.

it's my understanding that what is currently available on NHL TV will be part of the ESPN package and actually cost less than what I currently pay. I'm not a fan of ESPN. In fact I quit watching their shows or visiting their website 10 years ago because I thought everything they did sucked giant donkey dicks. But as long as I can stream games with local broadcasters I'm cool with that. And since they paid twice what NBC did the cap should move back up quicker than we thought so the teams at the top won't be so crippled.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

One effect of this schedule is that after so many games against the same opponents it’s getting chippy. A lot more fights than normal 

Yeah, the next Ducks vs Lanche game should be fun.  Ducks will be putting the body on a lot of Lanche players for sure.  Deslauriers may be chasing Kadri the entire game.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, the next Ducks vs Lanche game should be fun.  Ducks will be putting the body on a lot of Lanche players for sure.  Deslauriers may be chasing Kadri the entire game.  

I think it's going to happen in a lot of Lanche games because teams have figured out they can't skate with them. Nearly 60% Corsi for % teamwide with the highest GFA and lowest GAA in the league. MacKinnon and Rantanen are getting sick of the holding and hooking that goes uncalled. Could be some ugliness