• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

Looks like Toronto wants to take full advantage of avoiding Boston and Tampa in the first 2 rounds. They made some nice adds but I haven't seen their top 6 commit to the defensive end they way the big boys do and that's gonna be their downfall. Whoever comes out of Canada is going to be in for a surprise when they can't cruise through the neutral zone at their leisure. 

Avs added 2 guys who were there 2 years ago in Nemeth and Soderberg. Neither is a game changer but with the injuries they get Keaton Middleton and Liam O'Brian off the ice. Addition by subtraction now that they don't have to worry about the Ducks gooning it up anymore

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Rest is great but that's 4 games against the Blues and 2 against Vegas (all 6 on the road) with 1st place and maybe ever the President's Trophy riding on it.

President's Trophy is the kiss of death for the Stanley Cup.

Patrick Marleau.  HOFer?

Outside of games play.  Nothing really stands out on him.  1196 points in 1768 GP is 0.68 PPG.  

No cups.  No awards.  

I just don't see it.

At least with Thorton, he's at a 0.91 PPG in 1669 games.  with a harts and a ross.

• 2 weeks later...

I am about the last person to say anything positive about the San Jose Sharks. That said, apart from Patrick Marleau's all-time games played record (which was broken here, after which the fans gave him a lengthy standing O, something that no Shark should never expect here), there is this:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Class act San Jose Sharks CUMILUSU SPORTSNE 20 208 The Sharks signed Sam Tageson, lifelong fan with a congenital heart condition to 1-day contract. This allowed him to practice and spend the day with players, and made him the first-ever player in team history to skate during pre-game and stand with players during the national anthem. More like this at FUNsubstance.com'

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...

The Golden Knights got probably the worst first round draw that they could have gotten. For some reason, the Minnesota Wild have given them trouble from the very beginning. Minnesota has won 11 of the 16 games that the two teams have played since the Knights' first year in the league, and of the five Vegas wins, two were in a shootout and one was in overtime.

The entire season turned on two plays in the final game against Colorado. Alex Tuch missed a literally wide open net with a chance to make it a 2-0 game in the first period, then Colorado scored on a breakaway during a line change in the third period. Colorado held the tiebreaker for the President's Trophy, which bumped the Knights to the two seed in the west. VGK have handled St. Louis all season, and I liked their odds in a series against the Blues much better than this one. A first round exit wouldn't shock me. 

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

I wouldn’t count them out against the Wild but that’s as far as they go

Colorado is really good. I don't see the Knights getting out of the division round, honestly. Then again, we were once an expansion team playing for the Stanley Cup.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...