• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I'm rooting for Habs/Islanders just to tank the ratings so maybe they'll finally start enforcing the rulebook a smidge in the playoffs so the teams anyone actually wants to watch don't get mauled to fucking death by the ghost of Scott Stevens. Do you want to watch the 18th best regular season team beat the hell out of Auston Matthews and the Vegas misfit line or do you want to see skilled hockey players play quality hockey? 

I'm not a big fan of Bettman, but I think he's done hockey a real service by taking it in the direction you allude to. I don't miss the days of all the staged fights and the talent wasted on less talented players thugging up and ruining the careers of hockey's limited pool of elite players.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I'm not a big fan of Bettman, but I think he's done hockey a real service by taking it in the direction you allude to. I don't miss the days of all the staged fights and the talent wasted on less talented players thugging up and ruining the careers of hockey's limited pool of elite players.

There’s a lot more elite players now but they’re not allowed to be elite in the playoffs. I get that teams will check more and work harder on defense but you can’t completely ignore the way games were called all season once the playoffs start 

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

in case you missed it, the only penalty called in the entire game resulted in a short handed goal that was the only one scored in the game. Get some refs who aren't afraid to raise the arm once inn awhile

So what you are saying is that the NHL tried to give the game to the Islanders, but they fucked it up.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So what you are saying is that the NHL tried to give the game to the Islanders, but they fucked it up.

I'm saying every game looks like it's being played by the '96 Panthers and they're really not letting the good players decide the series

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Ducks - one SC title

Kings - two SC titles

Pat Maroon - three SC titles in a row

I love it. The only good part of TB winning for me.

I saw that this morning.  LOL.  Pat Maroon.  Good for him.  He's one of those unsung, hard grinders that every team needs, yet is overlooked because they don't put up the numbers.