• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

1 hour ago, Tank said:

when does the new season begin? thought i heard january.

They aren't sure.  Either December or January.  They are working it out with the Players Union, in addition to whether to have bubble cities, scheduling etc.  My thoughts are, they might have a region specific schedule like how MLB did it.  

Of course the big elephant in the room as far as the NHL goes is how to deal with Canada.  Since they have a strict quarantine process.  It may very well come down to a temporary redrawing of the divisions, where all Canada teams are put in one division.  Which would mean 7 teams in Canada.  So maybe you see a team temporarily locate to Quebec to make it 8 teams?  

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

They aren't sure.  Either December or January.  They are working it out with the Players Union, in addition to whether to have bubble cities, scheduling etc.  My thoughts are, they might have a region specific schedule like how MLB did it.  

Of course the big elephant in the room as far as the NHL goes is how to deal with Canada.  Since they have a strict quarantine process.  It may very well come down to a temporary redrawing of the divisions, where all Canada teams are put in one division.  Which would mean 7 teams in Canada.  So maybe you see a team temporarily locate to Quebec to make it 8 teams?  

Central is only 7 teams right now. Until Seattle starts playing there’s one with 7 regardless 

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Central is only 7 teams right now. Until Seattle starts playing there’s one with 7 regardless 

8 in the west is going to be the hard one.  Colorado and Dallas.  And either Nashville or St. Louis.  But travel wise, the Canadians and West are going to be the hardest hit.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

regionally they could use both staples center and the pond, so SoCal should be under consideration as a host city.

I don't think the bubble cities will come into play until the playoffs again.  Teams will probably play in their stadiums.  

Fans is the big issue, because the NHL relies on attendance revenue.  This point actually might be the reason if they cancel the season.  

Robin Lehner was just signed to a five year deal by the Golden Knights, so it appears that Marc-Andre Fleury may on his way out of town. For the first three years he was the face of the franchise, and probably the only player that most hockey fans knew at the beginning of the expansion year. I have a Fleury jersey because it was the first one available.

He made the statement that he wanted to retire here. That apparently won't happen unless he retires now and walks away from two years at $7M per season.

Besides that, another thing that is getting panned is an announced third jersey for next season. I don't have an issue with it, but some people are losing their minds.

Golden Knights unveil sparkling all-metallic third jersey

Odd that the sample jersey has a captain's letter on it, when the team has voted not to have one for each of the first three seasons. BTW - the yellow is metallic, although that isn't evident in this photo.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 10/6/2020 at 11:33 PM, arch stanton said:

Kings fans have been quiet here but should be psyched about Byfield. Could be anything between Eric Lindros and Ryan Reaves but likely outcome is Getzlaf with better skating and of course, better hair

19 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

To be fair, Getzlaf had a full head of hair when he was drafted.

Hahahaha.

45LgOgEY5v9TsFvAlWsb6lC72q5KxzJmsYtL-2jA