• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

2020 NHL Draft: Grading each and every team’s draft class

Pacific Division

Anaheim Ducks

Favorite pick: Jamie Drysdale was a home run pick at number six for the Anaheim Ducks. They needed someone like him in their prospect pool. Drysdale has a very special upside thanks to his offense and remarkable skating. Jacob Perreault was one of my favorite prospects. Needs to mature a little bit, but he’s quite gifted with the puck.

Least favorite pick: Albin Sundsvik is a very smart player, but I question if he has the skill or speed necessary to stick in the NHL.

Grade: A-. Strong draft for the Ducks.

Los Angeles Kings

Favorite pick: Wow, where do I begin? Quinton Byfield was a great pick with the second overall pick. He’s a dynamic talent down the middle who might wind up being the best player from the 2020 draft. Byfield’s a terrific kid as well with a great head on his shoulders. He’ll be a star.

Helge Grans might sound like a stereotypical James Bond villain, but he’s a big, right-handed defenseman with skill oozing in his game. Grans has to make better decisions with the puck, but the Kings can work with him on that. He’s also a stealthily good skater.

Kasper Simontaival had a second-round grade from me and I was honestly tempted to give him a first-round grade. I found him accidentally while watching another prospect (I actually forget who) and quickly noticed his instincts and skating. Simontaival can drive play and, despite being a bit small, is surprisingly effective in traffic. Great player to take a chance on in the third round.

Least favorite pick: Juho Markannen wasn’t even ranked as one of my goalies. He’s chaotic in net.

Grade: A+. Loved most of their picks.

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

That was quick. Back to Winnipeg with you.

Payroll move. Knights are up against the cap, they plan to add scoring talent, and they still have to swing some kind of deal to unload at least part of Fleury's contract.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

After 3 years of threatening it the Avalanche finally traded Zadorov and his inconsistency away. Brandon Saad should fit nicely onto that left wing with MacKinnon and Mikko or on the second line with Kadri.

Apparently Vegas is courting Pietrangelo. They'll have to move out Fleury and more to afford him

Pietrangelo to Vegas for way more years than I would have given him. 
Meanwhile the Avs traded 2 second rounders for Devon Toews. Good puck mover who can play either side. So either EJ is going LTIR or Sakic is just insuring against his inevitable injury. Either way it’s going to be fun to watch them this season 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

Well, let's see. If they are going to start by Jan 1, they need a set plan by no later than Dec 1.

Anyone heard anything?

I heard they pushed it back, and it might be mid Jan, but haven't heard really much lately.  Considering wave 2 looks like it's starting in the northern midwest, and also in Europe, I can see them scrubbing the entire season.  They really need butts in the seats, and it doesn't look good for that.  

On 10/12/2020 at 8:34 PM, gotbeer said:

@arch stanton  

Alex Pietrangelo signs 7-year deal with Vegas Golden Knights

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/pietral01.html

That is a lot of years and a lot of money committed.  Hopefully it works out for Vegas.

Nate Schmidt was traded to Vancouver for prospects. He was hugely popular with fans, and losing him was a big deal to a lot of them. Apparently they gave up trying to find a taker for Fleury's contract, or at least a portion of it. The demand for goalies dried up pretty quickly.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 10/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, gotbeer said:

I heard they pushed it back, and it might be mid Jan, but haven't heard really much lately.  Considering wave 2 looks like it's starting in the northern midwest, and also in Europe, I can see them scrubbing the entire season.  They really need butts in the seats, and it doesn't look good for that.  

I don't see them scrubbing the entire season. I think they had too much success with the playoffs.

I could see them playing a modified season to set up another playoff though.

Report: NHL won't go lower than 48 games next season

Only thing I've seen recently.  Looks like they are still looking at Jan 1 as the start.  Possibly a 48 game season.  I'm sure that's going to be just regional also, but nothing in the article says that.  Also, they want fans in the stands, which is going to hurt CA and NY teams, since there is no way to tards in charge will allow it.  

They have to start finalizing soon though.  It's already November, and I think training camps are 3-4 weeks?  Plus you have to get the international players their paperwork.  

3 hours ago, Tank said:

the NBA is planning on 72 games starting dec. 22. Where's the NHL?

They're talking about January but there's the problem of 7 Canadian teams and travel restrictions plus several teams desperately need ticket revenue to be viable. TBD

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-could-play-reduced-schedule-for-2020-21-season/c-319607032

Edited by arch stanton

I think the NHL is waiting to see how this virus uptick goes. I don't think they mind running the season later. Their big downside is losing the Christmas sales (Which don't look like their going to be that good anyway.)

My bet is they start coming together in January and the season starts somewhere in February.

5 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I think the NHL is waiting to see how this virus uptick goes. I don't think they mind running the season later. Their big downside is losing the Christmas sales (Which don't look like their going to be that good anyway.)

My bet is they start coming together in January and the season starts somewhere in February.

Originally they were trying to rush because NBC wanted them finished before the Olympics start but lately NBC has been willing to allow some other networks to get involved and it opened up possibilities