• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

With everything being so messed up in the sports world, I could see a benefit to hockey putting the season on hold for 2-3 weeks and participating in the Olympics. I would think this would also be preferred by NBC.

It's not like there is anyway they can make this a normal season. Might as well be a little creative.

My mistake. Yah, no hockey in the summer Olympics. They could still take a break during that period.

I don't know. I think the more the thought process distances from this being a normal season, the easier it is to come up with solutions. 

They can get back to normal in 2021-22. Hopefully by then, they will have decided to move the season start back to November/December permanently.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@Molly Jolly  to be fair.  Really the Ducks have had only 4 jersey's in their history.  The best one, the D, the Ducks or Anaheim, and wild wing.  And considering the best one and D are still used, by default they have to go to wild wing.

Add some of that classic eggplant color and I’d like it more.

and thanks for addressing me by my real name.

As far as which look best, Buffalo would have been up there if not for the script.   A lot of them look the same with just a new color scheme.  Hate to admit it, but the Kings are probably one of the best.  Combining the old time purple and yellow with the Gretzky Kings.  Lol at using the Hartford Whalers jersey as their alternate for the Canes.  Even though that is probably one of the top jerseys ever.  I do like the Blackhawks jersey.  It has that old retro look to it.  

NHL should try to do a 56 game season.  The 7 Canada teams should be there own division and the 24 other teams do 3 8 team divisions in the continental US.  Each team plays 8 times against each other in their division, 4 home and 4 away, Canada have to do imbalanced scheduling due to 7 teams.  This would allow some travel between sites but at the same time would allow the Canadian teams to play without going into the US and vice versa and hopefully prevent the spread of COVID.  Depending on how far along the vaccines are, they can then do a bubble for NHL playoffs, top 4 from each division or top 3 per division plus wild cards regardless of division to get 16 teams for the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't die on me hockey thread, don't die on me. We will make it to the season. 

I'm still optimistic of my 'get together some time in January and start the season in February' guess. But I see a lot of incentive to push the start back. Vaccine should allow full arenas sometime end of March into April. If they wrap the playoffs by October, you could start a full season in December?

I don't know. I kind of hope no matter what happens, that they permanently move the season back to a November or December start. I think it would help the sport. 

@deepdrive I last read mid January. 

Another thing I read which was interesting.  So the NHL has a 50/50 revenue sharing plan.  Or it is more of a profit sharing plan.  So here is what I didn't know.  Say the NHL says, and I'm drunk so don't want to look it up right now, but say the cap is $80 million.  And the actual revenue for 2021 is $70 million.  So that means there is a shortfall of $10 million.  The cap will then be in deficit, so it can't go up until that $10 million is made up.  So in 2022, it'll stay at $80 million, but the league will have to make $90 million a team in order to even consider the cap to go up.  

So my guess, is both sides are being real careful to make sure that they can hit their numbers.  And if they have to delay the start so that a vaccine is more in play, I think they are going to do it.  Because the NHL can't afford to royally fuck up like the NFL is doing, and MLB came close to doing.

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive I last read mid January. 

Another thing I read which was interesting.  So the NHL has a 50/50 revenue sharing plan.  Or it is more of a profit sharing plan.  So here is what I didn't know.  Say the NHL says, and I'm drunk so don't want to look it up right now, but say the cap is $80 million.  And the actual revenue for 2021 is $70 million.  So that means there is a shortfall of $10 million.  The cap will then be in deficit, so it can't go up until that $10 million is made up.  So in 2022, it'll stay at $80 million, but the league will have to make $90 million a team in order to even consider the cap to go up.  

So my guess, is both sides are being real careful to make sure that they can hit their numbers.  And if they have to delay the start so that a vaccine is more in play, I think they are going to do it.  Because the NHL can't afford to royally fuck up like the NFL is doing, and MLB came close to doing.

Yeah, I think there's a good chance you're right. The season may get delayed until the point that they feel they are going to run out of time to get in whatever number of games they're targeting. There is just so much incentive to put it off and I can't see much reason not to. We'll see.

I'll believe it when I see it. Covid's raging; the vaccine is coming. I don't know. 

Anyway, I don't think they'll go until all players, coaches, personnel, etc. are vaccinated. I'm sure they'll have some pull getting priorty. But 3 weeks between shots makes that date quite tight. Not to mention that no team has gotten back on the ice. That's another 3 weeks. At least a couple of preseason games...

• 2 weeks later...

The explanation on the Golden Knights' retro jersey is that it pays tribute to the teams that preceded them here. The red is from the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers. The V striping is from the IHL Las Vegas Thunder. This is the first time that they will have worn red, and the first time that they have used novel striping instead of recoloring of the original pattern.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 12/18/2020 at 9:22 PM, arch stanton said:

I could see Zegras and Turcotte battling out for the Calder like Makar and Hughes did last year

Looking forward to seeing Turcotte play

All 56 NHL games will be against division foes.

I see that they took care of the Canada issue, putting all 7 teams in the same division as part of the 2020-21 temp CoVid driven realignment.

Edited by Angel Oracle