• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2020-2021

gotbeer

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Dug a 3-1 hole in the first period, then former LA King Alec Martinez got one back. 3-2 Minnesota, waiting for the third period to start. Sitting next to a couple of Wild fans, decent dudes.

When MAF finds out this was your first game he's having you banned from the building

14 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Leaving in about half an hour to head down to T-Mobile for Game 5 between the Wild and Golden Knights. This is my first home game, and my first time inside the arena. Just close it out tonight guys, OK?

How can it be your first time in the arena, I've even been there?  Are they at full capacity yet?  Because that place rocks.  Their concessions sku though, and their exits sucks.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

How can it be your first time in the arena, I've even been there?  Are they at full capacity yet?  Because that place rocks.  Their concessions sku though, and their exits sucks.

Not full capacity, about 11-12K there last night.

Funny that you mention that. After the game that I attended at the Honda Center, I was talking to one of the ushers. I mentioned that I had not been to a Knights home game. "I have", he said.

Maybe it has something to do with us having the most expensive tickets in the NHL.

Even so, I will probably go back on Friday if this series goes to a seventh game. Two reasons: Depending upon the outcome, it may be the end of the season. Also, ticket prices may double if the Knights make it out of the first round.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don’t think we’ll see Lehner or Reaves for the rest of the series 

You may see Ryan Reaves. His action was retaliation for what Coach Peter PeBoer called a "dirty hit" by Ryan Graves on Mattias Janmark that put him out for the game, and perhaps longer. Reaves was brought in during the first season because the Knights' finesse players were getting hammered by opponents in an attempt to knock them out of the game (as the Avs succeeded in doing with Janmark). I have no issue with what Reaves did, even if he is suspended for the rest of the series.

Lehner played to give Fleury a break. Fleury played all seven games against Minnesota. The game looked like a contest between a rested team coming off a sweep and one coming off a seven-game series. I'm sure that DeBoer knew that he didn't have much of a chance in Game 1, so why burn Fleury out.

Graves got a two-minute inference penalty for a blindside blow to the head. Had the officials handled it properly, Reaves' play would never have happened.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Take off the golden glasses for a minute. What Graves did was late and dumb but the head impact was from the boards and not the blow. It occcured within the action of the game. Carrier then tried to fight him twice and only got himself in the penalty box.
What Reaves did was to a defenseless man on the ice with clear intent to injure. It’s understandable since it’s the only skill he possesses anymore but it was pure chickenshit and since he got a match penalty he’s considered suspended until review from the commissioner office. If Kadri got 8 games for what he did then Reaves gets at least that plus 

It was a pointless check. Janmark wasn't even near the puck and he was facing away from him. He knew that Janmark wasn't expecting it. Mark Stone said that it was the kind of blind side hit that the NHL is trying to remove from the game.

This just out: Reaves got a two-game suspension.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Personally, being neutral.  That hit reminded me of Paul Kariya.  Totally unnecessary, late hit with the player looking the other way.  Should be banned for as long as the Knights player is out. 

But he won't be. The NHL isn't even reviewing the precipitating event - although it appears to me that they took it into account in issuing Reaves only a two-game suspension. If the Avs start hammering on our smaller guys over the next two games without the prospect of Reaves pancaking them, we will know their game plan.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

But he won't be. The NHL isn't even reviewing the precipitating event - although it appears to me that they took it into account in issuing Reaves only a two-game suspension. If the Avs start hammering on our smaller guys over the next two games without the prospect of Reaves pancaking them, we will know their game plan.

And this is why guys like Reaves and Deslauriers will have a job in the NHL.  If anyone put a hit on a Ducks player that was unnecessary.  It was like watching a rabid dog waiting to let loose on the bench.  I remember a hit on Drysdale.  Man he went nuts on the bench.  Like pushing players aside wanting in on the game and bee lining it for payback.  

34 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And this is why guys like Reaves and Deslauriers will have a job in the NHL.  If anyone put a hit on a Ducks player that was unnecessary.  It was like watching a rabid dog waiting to let loose on the bench.  I remember a hit on Drysdale.  Man he went nuts on the bench.  Like pushing players aside wanting in on the game and bee lining it for payback.  

Going into the playoffs the first year, the Knights realized that they had no one to protect their finesse guys like Marchessault and Karlsson. They traded with Pittsburgh for Reaves. Tom Wilson of the Capitals put a blindsided check on Marchessault in the Stanley Cup Final, and Reaves later pancaked him. After that, Reaves went into the game whenever Wilson did, and that nonsense stopped.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If you think that’s the Avalanche gameplan then you don’t follow hockey. They have by far the fewest hits in the league. They skate teams into oblivion. If Reaves had dropped the gloves and challenged Graves then that’s the game. What he did was cross check the goalie to draw fire then tackled Graves and knelt on him like he was trained by the Minneapolis Police Department. Pure. Ckicken. Shit. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@arch stanton It seems like yesterday that MAF was done and was trade bait for Vegas.

I think they found a sweet spot in the workload level after Lehner arrived. MAF is really good when he's rested but he's so floppy and jumpy back there that he loses a bit with overwork. 60-40 split will suit him for the next couple years

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

That’s a split second decision but Sheifele definitely made the wrong one then just blasted the dude. He’ll miss the rest of the series which means the Canadiens advance to the semis. Whoda thunk it?

It would have been different if he was lunging for the puck and hit him that way.  But that was a straight hit.  Also doesn't help that the primary impact point is the head.  

That really brought back the Paul Kariya hit when he just went down on the ice and didn't move.  

You also have to respect Ehlers.  He saw what happened, and did everything to make sure the scrum didn't spill over on him.  Even though it's not his teammate.