• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I missed the last period. Did it happen? I assumed they'd wait until Sunday when Grubauer was in net and the game seemed less winnable. 

Naw.  Kadri was quiet all game though till the 3rd.  

Here were the big takeaways I had from a Ducks perspective.  PP, they split the 2 units into veterans and kids.  Veterans did crap.  Kids were swarming.  It was glaring the difference.  Veterans were pass pass pass, perfect shot which never came.  Kids were move, pass, move, pass, move, move, shoot, rebound, shoot, pass, move, move shoot.  didn't wait for the perfect shot, but were peppering the goalies and creating chances.  

Drysdale was assigned to MacKinnon all game.  Whenever MacKinnon was out, Drysdale was out.  MacKinnon had a quiet game.  At least for his standards.  He got his shots.  But nothing like the last game.  This offseason, Drysdale and Zegras need to go on the Bryson Dechambeau diet and workout regime, and they will both be elite.  

Yeah I like what I've seen of Drysdale. He'll be a stud. The Avs have played every other day for a full month and they're starting to look gassed. There were times I thought I was watching a tape on half speed.  I'm glad Johansson was able to provide a little break for Grubi. Might even see him again Sunday. The Ducks could have the (dis)honor of losing consecutive games to a team using Kyle Burroughs and Keaton Middleton as their 3rd D pair

35 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I know you liked Hakanpaa but the dude was an absolute zero on offense.  He’s a big body with a RH shot but Fleury is an upgrade 

Problem is, our RH are Drysdale, Shattenkirk, and Manson.  2 of which absolutely suck.

25 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And why is Manson still on this team?

Oh yeah. 

the lord of the rings GIF

I think Bob wants to wait until the off season to unload him and probably Rico and one of the wingers thinking he can get better value then. That and a sharp reduction in Getz's salary might make them players in FA

20 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think Bob wants to wait until the off season to unload him and probably Rico and one of the wingers thinking he can get better value then. That and a sharp reduction in Getz's salary might make them players in FA

Yeah, I agree. This time I can't fault Bob for not accomplishing much at the trade deadline (Though, in true Bob fashion, he picked up a reclamation project). I think the market will be better for higher priced players in the off season.

Another possibility is he cemented the Kraken pick with Fleury.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, I agree. This time I can't fault Bob for not accomplishing much at the trade deadline (Though, in true Bob fashion, he picked up a reclamation project). I think the market will be better for higher priced players in the off season.

Another possibility is he cemented the Kraken pick with Fleury.

The way I look at the draft

1. Rakell
  2. Terry
  3. Lundestrom
  4. Steel
  5. Jones
  6. Volkov
  7. ????

I'm almost thinking the 7th is Henrique.  I know he is in the doghouse, but he's still one of our leading scorers.  I think if he's available, the Kraken take him.  

Defense is where it gets tough.  I'd go this route, because if you are in a rebuild, you protect the young, not old.  And Fowler above the others, because he's the only one that has shown he could actually skate out of the zone.  

1. Fowler
  2. Larsson
  3. Mahura

And I think you have to go 7/3 and not 8.  Just because you have to protect the 6 Offensive guys above.  That would leave 2 dmen.  

So that leaves Manson, Lindholm, Silfverberg, Shattenkirk, and Fleury to pick from.  With a possibility of Milano and Heinen.  But I think it will be either Manson or Lindholm.  

Of course, this is Bob we are talking about, so he'll probably protect Fowler, Manson and Lindholm.  And we'll see another Theodore flourish on an expansion team, probably Mahura.  

Snapshots: Dzingel, Lindholm, Pettersson, Stars

• While the initial plan for Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was that he’d miss six weeks and be back in the middle of April, that no longer is the case. GM Bob Murray told Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register that the blueliner probably is going to be out for the rest of the season.  He’s expected to be re-evaluated next week and while there is a chance that he could be fully recovered with a week left in the season, Murray said they wouldn’t ask him to play in that scenario.

I would say Fowler and Lindholm are givens. I think the third depends on what happens regarding trades in the off season.

I would put Hendrique above Steel and Rakell. I don't get what he did or why the Ducks are so down on him. I would think there is at least one team that wishes they made room for him when he was put on waivers.

My best guess on who goes to Seattle :

Fleury

Steel 

Silfverburg

Wildcard: Rakell (in a Theadore type deal) I would think Bob would be smarter than do anything that reminds anyone of the Vegas deal. But...  Bob is a man of habit.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So glad I missed Fridays game in front of the fans.  Seems like the team showed up to play for them.

I don't know how to take this. Are you being sarcastic about the Ducks showing up to play or saying mostly Kraken fans were there and Vegas showed up to play ?

I didn't see the game either. But I'm thinking both probably could be correct.