• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

What was obvious to me in that 5 on 3, was they didn't know what to do. They had no plan whatsoever on how to set up a play to get a scoring opportunity. It was like they never practiced or even talked about what they were going to do if they had a 5 on 3. 

It would have been one thing if they tried something and it didn't work. Or, even if it went bad. But they didn't try anything.

That's a real bad sign.

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

And you can't shoot if you don't get some extended o-zone time with possession. They need puck handlers

But that's the thing.  They had some possessions with extended o-zone time.  And they just did passing drills through the entire thing.  Waiting to set up for the perfect one timer that never materialized.  The 5-3, they were set up in the zone 3 times, and just passed till it got deflected out of the zone.

After he gets rid of some of the players (Oh, put Getzlaf on that list too.), the Samuelis should get rid of Bob, too.

On a different point, what did Henrique do to catch the brunt of this? Must be something. Because, there are others on the team just as worthy to be blamed that aren't being thrown under the bus.

11 hours ago, deepdrive said:

After he gets rid of some of the players (Oh, put Getzlaf on that list too.), the Samuelis should get rid of Bob, too.

On a different point, what did Henrique do to catch the brunt of this? Must be something. Because, there are others on the team just as worthy to be blamed that aren't being thrown under the bus.

It was probably more of a message.  And if you put others on waivers (Silfverberg, Rakell, Lindholm), the likelihood of a claim would be far greater.  If you put Backes, Shattenkirk, or Hutton on waivers, no one would really care.  

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

It was probably more of a message.  And if you put others on waivers (Silfverberg, Rakell, Lindholm), the likelihood of a claim would be far greater.  If you put Backes, Shattenkirk, or Hutton on waivers, no one would really care.  

I don't know. I think that's the company line. I don't expect this to die out. I think Henrique is on his way out. To me it's just a question of how many will go with him.

22 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Very few teams right now with the cap space to make a waiver claim 

Yeah. But this is a way to get rid of his contract if someone will bite. They didn't (or couldn't). So, now other teams know a deal is possible. I don't think there is any going back. I think the guy will probably be gone by the trade deadline.

I fear we're going to take on another Backus contract to get a draft pick. We'll see. Maybe the tank is on.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I don't get the timing of this, either. Is this a Bob message? If so, why put this on Zegras. AHL was a good step and he was doing well. Slow your roll and wait for the storm to pass before giving him some time in Anaheim. It's like it's more important for Bob to play games than do what's in the best interest of a star prospect.

Sorry, but I don't think Bob knows what he's doing. I think the guy has become a bit of a train wreck.

6 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I don't get the timing of this, either. Is this a Bob message? If so, why put this on Zegras. AHL was a good step and he was doing well. Slow your roll and wait for the storm to pass before giving him some time in Anaheim. It's like it's more important for Bob to play games than do what's in the best interest of a star prospect.

Sorry, but I don't think Bob knows what he's doing. I think the guy has become a bit of a train wreck.

I don't know what's with this callup.  We are 1/4 of the way through the season, and maybe there are cap/contract numbers regarding that.  Who knows, I'm excited though.

Also, don't have the Athletic.  But there was this piece today.

Stephens: Ducks need change and it starts at the top

Again I don't have it, but can figure out what it says.  It's time for a change.  And it needs to happen now well before the trade deadline and offseason.

It basically went over the problems the Ducks are having now. Then without being blunt, but still being obvious, threw Bob under the bus for his mismanagement the last 3-4 years. He brought up giving Theodore and Pettersson away for nothing while signing boat anchor contracts for Henrique, Manson, and Silfverberg. He even threw Fowlers contract in (Which I think is justified). The coach hiring decisions were then piled on.

Summed it up with: Nothing is going to change this narrative with the same people in charge. (Caps provided by direct cut and paste from article.)

1 minute ago, deepdrive said:

This is why I relentlessly pushed to get rid of the big stupid.

Oh well, if we had kept him he would probably be in the AHL now. 

You have to think other teams are looking at the Ducks players that are more than likely available in the same way as Ritchie.  They aren't scoring because they are in a bad system.  And will probably take advantage.  I think a lot of our veteran players would flourish on a good team, surrounded by talent.  

As you said with Rico.  He just seems like a scapegoat.  There were players doing much worse than him.  Surrounded by talent, he'd probably go back to what he was scoring last season if not more.  

Rakell is the other one that would probably go beast on another team.  

It's sad, but the most excitement the Ducks have offered up this season has been off the ice.

There should be a bump in viewership for the game tonight. I'm looking forward to it. 

I hope that a big part of bringing Z up now has to do with his parents being able to be in attendance for the next two games (Arizona is allowing 25 percent attendance at their games.).