• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Who knows if he will make the leap to the NHL like his dad.  There are reports that he needs a bunch of work.  But man, he has one heck of a one timer.  Extremely quick release, wristshot or slapshot.  Reminds me of the kind of shot Ovechkin has.  Of course we could dream he could be that good.  But IMO, it's something this team needs.  

Ottawa Senators Acquire Erik Gudbranson

Odd move.  By far the Fowler/Gudbranson combo was the most effective defensive pairing for the Ducks last season.  This just tells me Manson is here to stay.  So do you move Manson to pair with Fowler?  Or are they going to give Drysdale a shot right away?  Because Im not seeing many RH defensemen on the ducks outside of Manson and Drysdale.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/2020-nhl-free-agency-live-latest-rumors-news-and-completed-contracts

Could Sami Vatanen could back to the Ducks?

Reunion?

Sounds like there's mutual interest between D Sami Vatanen & the #NHLDucks.

We'll see what today brings. #SNSigningSeason #NHLFreeAgency

— Nick Alberga (@thegoldenmuzzy) October 9, 2020

More signings.  Although this looks like minor league depth.

Ducks Sign Three Players

TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie reports (Twitter link) that they’ve signed defenseman Andy Welinski while PuckPedia adds (Twitter links) that they’ve also inked center Vinni Lettieri to a one-year pact and re-signed center Andrew Poturalski to a one-year pact.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NHL Rumours: Washington Capitals, Dallas Stars, Anaheim Ducks

Pierre LeBrun lists a number of teams, including Anaheim, that might make an offer for Pierre-Luc Dubois.

Columbus doesn’t have the deepest group of centres, so targeting someone like Sam Steel or Troy Terry would make perfect sense. 

Umm, ok, I'd make that trade.  LOL.  

Pierre Luc Dubois C

• Pts, 48, 64, 49.  
  • CF 56, 52, 50
  • FF 56, 52, 52

Patrick Laine RW

• Pts 64, 70, 50, 63
  • CF 48, 50, 46, 48
  • FF 49, 50, 46, 46

Zegras and Drysdale are untouchable.  If the rumor of centered around Terry and Steel are true, umm, yes please.  I'd even say, be proactive, and trade Lindholm or Manson for the other.  Think about it, we have the Kraken draft coming up with way too many dmen.  Is the future really Lindholm or Manson?  Their contracts are up after 2022.  

I think the Ducks would hold onto Lindholm. I don't know about Manson. I personally think he lost a lot of value when, after signing the contract, he decided to prolong his career by becoming less physical. I get it. But, I don't think he brings enough to the table without the physicality to be a top 4 dman.

As far as Laine, I don't think Steel and Terry could be central to that deal. I think you would be lookin at next years first pick and either the second or the following years first plus one or two of the names you mentioned. Hence, the reason there hasn't been a trade. The guy wants to be here, I'm guessing the Ducks would strongly want him, so it's probably the Jets demands that are the hold up.

14 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I think the Ducks would hold onto Lindholm. I don't know about Manson. I personally think he lost a lot of value when, after signing the contract, he decided to prolong his career by becoming less physical. I get it. But, I don't think he brings enough to the table without the physicality to be a top 4 dman.

As far as Laine, I don't think Steel and Terry could be central to that deal. I think you would be lookin at next years first pick and either the second or the following years first plus one or two of the names you mentioned. Hence, the reason there hasn't been a trade. The guy wants to be here, I'm guessing the Ducks would strongly want him, so it's probably the Jets demands that are the hold up.

Steel/Terry was more mention for Dubois.  Which I would do in a second.  

I think Laine would have to force the trade.  No way would I give up Zegras or Drysdale though.  No way.  That's why I think the Lindholm/Manson angle might need to be played.  You got to give something of value, and Lindholm might be it.  Again, I go with the are you going to extend Lindholm in 2 years?  And financially, I don't think it makes sense to do so.  We prop up Lindholm as being pretty good, but our D was really bad.  Make a move while he has value.  

27 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I don't think Laine is going anywhere. He just diminished his trade value by naming the two teams he wants to go to. 

Neither the Ducks or the Kings really need him for a couple years. So, I think that tends to put things in a holding pattern for this season. But, we'll see.

I wonder if we got Dubois, if Laine would push a little harder and force the trade.

Yeah, fantasy world, but hell, the Angels aren't going to do anything significant.

Edited by gotbeer