• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 9/29/2020 at 6:57 AM, gotbeer said:

Ducks Need to Pursue an Eichel Deal

I wouldn't mind Eichel at all.  But Zegras, the number 6 and the number 27 + some seems a bit much.

I think it's the wrong time. We don't have the team to compete for the SC. Just a waste of Eichel and gives Getzlaf leverage to go for a high priced, long term contract that doesn't benefit the Ducks. 

This coming season, being what it is, is a golden opportunity for the Ducks to make some good trades, pick up another high draft pick, and position themselves for the future. They should use it wisely.

Ducks reportedly asked about Patrik Laine

Would be nice.  But the point in getting Laine is to get better not worse.  

IMO, this is the scenario I would do, and the Jets would probably not do it.  If Drysdale falls to #6, definitely draft him.  Then trade Manson to the Maple Leafs for their #15 pick.  Trade to the Jets the #15 and #27 picks in addition to a Steel or Terry and a Larsson or Guhle.  You would also have to include a guy like Tracey.  Under no circumstances would you include Zegras.  

Again, I don't think the Jets would do this, but this would be the offer I'd give if I were the Ducks.  Because the point of doing this trade is to make us better, not worse.  And if the Jets say no, walk away from the table and stay the course.  

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Mikko and Laine are buds so I hold out some hope that they could flank MacKinnon on an unstoppable line. But I think the Ducks might have to deal Manson+ directly to Winnipeg to land him

I'd be fine dealing Manson directly to them.  IMO, if we draft Drysdale, I think Manson is gone for sure.  

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'd be fine dealing Manson directly to them.  IMO, if we draft Drysdale, I think Manson is gone for sure.  

One thing to look out for is Ottawa. They’ll take whichever C the Kings leave them at 3 then there’s a good chance they deal the 5th pick to move back a few spots and draft Askarov. 
Word is that Klefbom may miss the whole season with shoulder surgery. You could probably get Puljujarvi plus a 1st and more from Edmonton for Manson if Laine gets too pricey 

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

One thing to look out for is Ottawa. They’ll take whichever C the Kings leave them at 3 then there’s a good chance they deal the 5th pick to move back a few spots and draft Askarov. 
Word is that Klefbom may miss the whole season with shoulder surgery. You could probably get Puljujarvi plus a 1st and more from Edmonton for Manson if Laine gets too pricey 

14th pick plus a player sounds even better.  

But I'm worried about that 5th pick.  I really think Drysdale is a perfect fit for the Ducks.  It sounds like though, whoever we get with pick #6 should be a pretty good player.  In other words, not worth the ducks spending to move up one slot.  

Well, we shipped the Big Stupid off to Boston. So, might as well follow up with the physical Dman who doesn't want to end up like Kesler now that he's been shown the money.

Seriously, being physical was what Manson had going for him. What makes him anything special now ? Might as well get a good return if it's available before the other GM's catch on.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2020-nhl-draft-first-round-coverage-and-analysis/c-319315858?tid=277764372

6. Anaheim Ducks - Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie (OHL)

NHL Central Scouting: No. 3 (North American skaters)

Drysdale (5-11, 175) was named a 2019-20 OHL First-Team All-Star and is capable of running the power play and driving offense with his skating and elite hockey sense. The 18-year-old scored 47 points (nine goals, 38 assists), including 22 power-play points, in 49 games this season. A right-handed shot, Drysdale scored three points (one goal, two assists) and averaged 11:38 of ice time in seven games to help Canada win the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship.

NHL.com analysis: The Ducks have done well stockpiling young forwards, and now it's time to do the same with defensemen. Drysdale is considered the most dynamic defenseman in the draft, an outstanding skater who can lead the rush and support the attack. The Ducks were tied with the Kings for 28th in the NHL with 117 points (28 goals, 89 assists) from defensemen this season; Drysdale has the potential to inject some big-time offense from the back end.

27. Anaheim Ducks - Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia (OHL)

NHL Central Scouting: No. 17 (North American skaters)

The versatile forward has one of the best shots in the 2020 draft class. Perreault (5-11, 192), the son of former NHL forward Yanic Perreault, scored 70 points (39 goals, 31 assists) in 57 games, leading Sarnia in goals and power-play goals (15) this season. The 18-year-old has an impressive offensive skill set with good vision and ability to make plays off the rush or with accurate passes in the offensive zone.

NHL.com analysis: After taking a top defenseman in Jamie Drysdale at No. 7, the Ducks opt for the best remaining goal-scorer in Perreault. He blends a shooter's mentality with strong skating and creativity with the puck. The prospect of center Trevor Zegras (2019, No. 9), an elite passer, setting up Perreault could create the foundation for the Ducks in the near future.