• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 2/25/2021 at 8:00 AM, gotbeer said:

Man, more people piling it on that Murray has to go.

UNREST, CHANGE AFOOT IN ANAHEIM

Didn't find the article at the link.

Galimov must be some kind of tool. The skills you see in that video where your link goes too and what has been said before about him - he has some skills. Hard to figure another reason he's been so overlooked.

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Didn't find the article at the link.

Galimov must be some kind of tool. The skills you see in that video where your link goes too and what has been said before about him - he has some skills. Hard to figure another reason he's been so overlooked.

He's 21.  So yeah, he should be in the AHL.  Might be one of those guys that want to play at home like Hakanpaa.  I think a few players play in the "elite" leagues of their home for a few years for the Ducks.  

Probably for the best though.  It's better than Murray calling him up for 15 games, and burn one of his entry level years.

And the article pretty much said it's all Murray's fault and he has to go.

Yeah, he needs to go. But, I have a feeling that he knows that and has set in motion a deal to save his butt. I think the Maddon to AGM is his way of transitioning to a VP job in a year and a half (When his contract is up.). I think Maddon is planned to take over after next season. Nothing to back that up - just a gut feel. We'll see.

So, Vegas than two each with St Louis and Colorado. I'm actually interested to see how they do. I could see this going in a lot of different ways. What I don't see is a lot of Ducks scoring. But, it would be nice to be surprised.

This will put us one game short of halfway and the evaluations that will come with that. The Ducks need a strong showing or those will be ugly.

I haven't seen anything on the placement of Henrique. Has he not been assigned yet or is he on the taxi squad?

6 hours ago, deepdrive said:

So, Vegas than two each with St Louis and Colorado. I'm actually interested to see how they do. I could see this going in a lot of different ways. What I don't see is a lot of Ducks scoring. But, it would be nice to be surprised.

This will put us one game short of halfway and the evaluations that will come with that. The Ducks need a strong showing or those will be ugly.

I haven't seen anything on the placement of Henrique. Has he not been assigned yet or is he on the taxi squad?

Rico is on the taxi squad.  

It's going to be ugly.  I'll be happy with a Zegras goal.  I think we'll take 2 out of 5.  Which isn't good at all.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:46 AM, gotbeer said:

Rico is on the taxi squad.  

It's going to be ugly.  I'll be happy with a Zegras goal.  I think we'll take 2 out of 5.  Which isn't good at all.

We'll, on a points basis, I think your estimate is looking pretty good. Four games left : a win and a loss in OT will get you there. The way we've been playing, that should be doable.

Though, the way we've been playing, three more OT losses might be possible. I wouldn't be surprised.

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Well, they're not going to get your 4 points.  But, I thought they showed some good stuff.  Defense still has some holes in it; offense missing the net too much.  It's fun to watch at least.

Missed the last 3 games, last game because it was a national game and blacked out.  Looks like Zegras got his first point.  At least he's been entertaining to watch.  

Also of note.  33 games remaining.  Here is what the draft mismanagement looks like.

Eligible for draft.

Heinen, Milano, Terry, Steel, Jones, Larsson

Games remaining.

Lundestrom (11), Guhle (24), Hakanpaa (4), Mahura (22)

?  Last nights game was on Fox Prime with the Ducks announcers.

I don't know what this means:

Games remaining.

Does it mean if they play that many games, they will be eligible for the draft? We can't lose Lundestrom. Of all the rest of them, I would protect Jones, maybe Larsson too.

Actually yeah, I would release Manson before exposing Larsson.

26 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

?  Last nights game was on Fox Prime with the Ducks announcers.

I don't know what this means:

Games remaining.

Does it mean if they play that many games, they will be eligible for the draft? We can't lose Lundestrom. Of all the rest of them, I would protect Jones, maybe Larsson too.

Actually yeah, I would release Manson before exposing Larsson.

Yes.

I think we are in pretty good shape forwards wise. We get to protect 7 and not that many continuing contracts to worry about. Maybe part of the Hendrique situation has to do with wanting an additional spot. It will be interesting to see the structure of Duck trades made before the draft.

I don't know all the particulars on who has to be protected. I'm thinking someone with no trade restrictions doesn't. What about Hendrique and his ten team list. If he puts Seattle on the list, can he be exposed?

Even if Hendrique has to be on the list, I don't see more than 6 guys we would need to protect before Seattle would take one of our defensive players.

Defensively, it's Fowler, Lindholm and either Larson or Hakanpaa, I would assume. I don't think Manson has to be protected.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I think we are in pretty good shape forwards wise. We get to protect 7 and not that many continuing contracts to worry about. Maybe part of the Hendrique situation has to do with wanting an additional spot. It will be interesting to see the structure of Duck trades made before the draft.

I don't know all the particulars on who has to be protected. I'm thinking someone with no trade restrictions doesn't. What about Hendrique and his ten team list. If he puts Seattle on the list, can he be exposed?

Even if Hendrique has to be on the list, I don't see more than 6 guys we would need to protect before Seattle would take one of our defensive players.

Defensively, it's Fowler, Lindholm and either Larson or Hakanpaa, I would assume. I don't think Manson has to be protected.

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

Defensively, I'd really go Fowler, Larsson, and Hakanpaa.  Fowler and Hakanpaa are meshing really well with each other.  Hakanpaa is the muscle, blocking, dirty defensive work, really not many defensive lapses, or offensive lapses.  It's everything you wish Manson was, but isn't.  I put Fowler and Hakanpaa as a #1 defensive line.  Reason why I would trade Lindholm, is you have Larsson, you have Drysdale, and Lindholm is after this season one year away from FA'cy.  The time to trade him is now, while the getting is good.

Offensively.  7 forwards.  I'd go Terry, Lundestrom, Steel, Jones as 4 for sure.  Rakell and Silfverberg if they aren't traded.  Although I might be tempted to let Silfverberg and Henrique exposed because if they pick them, that's 3 year $5+ million off the books.  

Also, from what I understand, the expansion draft isn't a trade, so NTC aren't applicable.  Only NMC's, which we had a few during Vegas' run.  Only if a player waives his NMC can they put him on the exposed list.  Our dumbshit GM didn't even ask Bieska and a few others, I think Perry, so we had to protect them.  

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Looking at CapFriendly the only NMCs you have in the books are Getzlaf, who will be a UFA, and Kesler. So I wouldn't be shocked to see them buy out Kesler's final year this off season to keep from having to protect him

They will just ask him to waive it for the draft.  There is really no risk on him or the teams part in having him exposed.  

Although it also wouldn't surprise me if he was claimed.  From what I understand, he has insurance.  So the cap hit vs how much they actually pay ratio is quite large.  Which is why they probably won't buy him out.  Because it'll probably cost more to buy him out than what they actually pay.  Might be tempting for a team that may be trying to get to the cap floor.  

That's the best game Nichushkin has played for the Avs by a long way. He's always good defensively but the puck has a way of dying on his stick. You get to face Miska tomorrow so things should be better for you. BTW the orange jerseys are way better than the black ones