• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Another game against Vegas, another embarrassing loss.  It's now getting pathetic that Murray is still employed and this now goes right to the top.  Of all the good that the Samueli's have done for the team, holding onto Murray is just a waste of everybody's money and time.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Another game against Vegas, another embarrassing loss.  It's now getting pathetic that Murray is still employed and this now goes right to the top.  Of all the good that the Samueli's have done for the team, holding onto Murray is just a waste of everybody's money and time.

Just think how you're going to feel next year when he's back and the same ol' same ol' continues on.

On the plus side, I think next season will be his last. My bet is Maddon taking over was planned when he took the AGM job. We'll see.

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Just think how you're going to feel next year when he's back and the same ol' same ol' continues on.

On the plus side, I think next season will be his last. My bet is Maddon taking over was planned when he took the AGM job. We'll see.

Mahura will look good in a Kraken uniform.

1 minute ago, deepdrive said:

Bob has a man crush on Manson. I'm betting Fleury will be fourth man out. I think the Kraken will take him before Mahura.

Hope you are right.  Mahura currently has 15 points in 19 games with the gulls with a +7.  That's almost more points than Fleury has had in 4 years in the NHL.  He's also 2 years younger.  Also looking at Fleury's minor league stats.  He showed lots of promise at the WHL level.  But his offensive numbers really dropped off at the AHL level and became miniscule at the NHL  level.

let's put it this way.  Has Fleury really shown anything that shows he's nothing more than a bottom pairing defenseman?  

Maybe not. All I know is what little I have read. There may be some hype there from him being a former #7 overall pick. 

I think when he was drafted, he was considered an overdraft. It seems a lot was put into size and skating ability. So, if other skills don't develop...   you have a reclamation project. And, Bob hasn't had the greatest of luck with those.

On the other hand, Mahura is presently not considered to be in the top 5 anymore by people who rate the Ducks prospects. Is the Kraken GM going to see him any Higher?

16 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Maybe not. All I know is what little I have read. There may be some hype there from him being a former #7 overall pick. 

I think when he was drafted, he was considered an overdraft. It seems a lot was put into size and skating ability. So, if other skills don't develop...   you have a reclamation project. And, Bob hasn't had the greatest of luck with those.

On the other hand, Mahura is presently not considered to be in the top 5 anymore by people who rate the Ducks prospects. Is the Kraken GM going to see him any Higher?

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2021/03/22/top-10-anaheim-ducks-prospects/

Has him rated 4 behind Zegras, Drysdale, and Lundestrom.  

https://puckprose.com/2020/10/16/anaheim-ducks-top-8-prospects-worth-getting-excited-about/

Has him 7 behind Zegras, Dostal, Drysdale, Comtois, Perreault, and Thrun.  Thrun is in the US Hockey League (never heard of that league before, but he's 20 so odd he's not at the Gulls.)

Eric Stephens @ The Athletic has it coming down to Manson or Fleury as the 3rd Dman protected. He has Mahura And Guhle exposed. He also sees Silfverberg being exposed along with Henrique. And, like you, Thinks Stolarz has played himself into possibly being picked because Seattle has to take three goaltenders and Stolarz might look good as a backup.

This in an article that came out today.

If he's right, I wouldn't be surprised if they took Henrique. He's been one our best players the last three years and Seattle has a payroll minimum to reach.

@deepdrive If Henrique is exposed, I have no doubt he'd be the one the Kraken picks.  How many chances are you going to get to get one of a teams leading scorers for nothing.  But I think the Ducks will protect him, which probably will make Silfverberg the Kraken pick.  Although we will have a bunch of exposed Dmen.  

This is who capfriendly has listed as possibilities.

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

FORWARDS AGE POS CAP HIT EXPIRY 27/54
Getzlaf, Ryan 35 C $8,250,000 UFA (2021)
Kesler, Ryan 36 C $6,875,000 UFA (2022) 27 GR
Henrique, Adam 31 C $5,825,000 UFA (2024)
Silfverberg, Jakob 30 RW $5,250,000 UFA (2024)
Backes, David 36 C $6,000,000 UFA (2021) 14 GR
Rakell, Rickard 27 RW $3,789,444 UFA (2022)
Heinen, Danton 25 LW $2,800,000 RFA (2021)
Milano, Sonny 24 LW $1,700,000 RFA (2022)
Grant, Derek 31 C $1,500,000 UFA (2023)
Terry, Troy 23 C $1,450,000 RFA (2023)
Rowney, Carter 31 C $1,133,333 UFA (2021)
Deslauriers, Nicolas 30 RW $1,000,000 UFA (2022)
Lundeström, Isac 21 C $925,000 RFA (2021)
Jones, Max 23 LW $863,333 RFA (2021)
Steel, Sam 23 C $863,333 RFA (2021)
Lettieri, Vinni 26 C $750,000 RFA (2021) 22 GR
Poturalski, Andrew 27 C $700,000 UFA (2021) 27 GR
Carrick, Sam 29 C $700,000 UFA (2021) 22 GR
Volkov, Alexander 23 LW $700,000 RFA (2021)
De Leo, Chase 25 C $700,000 UFA (2021) 26 GR
Agozzino, Andrew 30 C $700,000 UFA (2021) 24 GR

Definitely, you are protecting Volkov, Steel, Jones, Ludestrom, Terry, and Rakell.  As your last spot, maybe Heinen or Milano.  But they really haven't shown much, and I don't think they are better than Silfverberg or Henrique.  And between Silfverberg or Henrique, I'd pick the center.  

Also on a funny side note.  It would not surprise me if they pick Kesler if they don't like any of our picks. 

Why?  $6.8 million to go against the cap.  But insurance is paying most of it, so it's only I hear 20%, so out of pocket not much.  And you got the flexibility of during the season LTIR so money can be freed up if needed.  

Again, if they don't like any of our picks.  Picking him is a trade deadline free money for a run, or take a bad contract and player and picks from a team that needs to free up money.  

Again, long shot.  But if it happens, it would make a ton of sense.

@deepdrive The other possibility is, could the Ducks protect Fowler, Mahura, and Fleury?  And leave Lindholm, Manson, and Silfverberg exposed?  Also remember that Silfverberg is owed $5.25  million for 3 more years.  Lindholm $5.2 million final year.  Manson $4.1 million final year.  On a rebuilding team, is Lindholm and Manson players you are going to re-sign?  (and yes, I'm still not a Lindholm fan.  I think he plays soft, and is outplayed often)  Also would LIndholm and Manson with one year left till FA'cy be more desirable than Silfverberg with 3 more years?  Although looking back, Vegas did flip a lot of players, and Manson or Lindholm does seem like the flippable type.

Also, looking back at the Vegas draft.  Those that traded to protect players were the one's that lost out the most.  Ducks, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Wild, Islanders.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-players-taken-vegas-expansion-draft-now/

I don't get to struggle through it. I took Sling up on their deal to prepay 3 months and get an indoor antenna system for $99. But, it doesn't get here until tomorrow. I think there are 4 more locally televised games to see this season.

I should be set for the playoffs. The only channel I'm missing is CNBC. I don't remember too many games being broadcast there.

WTF Zegras.

Ducks Prospects: Zegras, Mahura & Moore

xMzsmEQ-_normal.jpg

Highlight reel play for

Clapping hands sign
Hey, , we’d also like to nominate this for a Top 10 play. #LetsGoGulls | #SDvsONT

Zegras Goal | #SDvsONT

https://twitter.com/SDGullsAHL/status/1382889644031823878