• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Glad to see the Kings pay honor to Miller after the game. They did a side by side comparison of Miller and Quick and what they’ve done. They’re the top two American goalies, ranking first and second in most categories.

So nobody on the Kings broadcast said it, but I’m assuming last night was the Ducks final home game of the season. I thought thee were about eight games left.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Glad to see the Kings pay honor to Miller after the game. They did a side by side comparison of Miller and Quick and what they’ve done. They’re the top two American goalies, ranking first and second in most categories.

So nobody on the Kings broadcast said it, but I’m assuming last night was the Ducks final home game of the season. I thought thee were about eight games left.

Yes it was the Ducks last home game.  I think they have 4 left.  And they actually adhered to the Covid stuff, so no canceled games because of something they did.

Quick will eventually pass Miller.  Not sure if it will be on the Kings or Kraken.  But I think he will.  

I think 2022 is official.  At least on the offensive end.  Bold is need a contract.  Underline is not eligible for draft.  Italicized is who I think should be protected.  Man they have been fun to watch the last few games.

Line 1 Zegras, Comtois, Terry

Line 2 Ludestrom, Rakell, Volcov/Steel/Heinen

Line 3 Getzlaf, Jones, Carrick/Steel/Volcov/Heinen

Line 4 Shaw, Deslauriers, Carrick/Steel

Defense

Line 1 Drysdale/Fleury

Line 2 Mahura/Larsson

Line 3 Shattenkirk/Benoit

Trade the rest.  

Edited by gotbeer

2 minutes ago, nate said:

This team is unwatchable

Really?   That Zegras line is freaking amazing to watch.  And they are doing it against the other teams top lines.

Really, since the old guys are out of the lineup, this team is extremely fun to watch.  The only exception is they need to limit the 4th line to 4th line minutes.  D with both Drysdale and Fowler out was a big step back though.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Really?   That Zegras line is freaking amazing to watch.  And they are doing it against the other teams top lines.

Really, since the old guys are out of the lineup, this team is extremely fun to watch.  The only exception is they need to limit the 4th line to 4th line minutes.  D with both Drysdale and Fowler out was a big step back though.

Zergras is fun, but they go on these prolonged scoring droughts and the sheer number of turnovers by the D is atrocious.

I think I am just frustrated by watching them get worse and worse every year. Especially when you consider some of the players they traded away that are flourishing. GMBM just needs to be gone. I don't even want to think about what might happen with the expansion draft.

1 minute ago, nate said:

Zergras is fun, but they go on these prolonged scoring droughts and the sheer number of turnovers by the D is atrocious.

I think I am just frustrated by watching them get worse and worse every year. Especially when you consider some of the players they traded away that are flourishing. GMBM just needs to be gone. I don't even want to think about what might happen with the expansion draft.

JMO, but expose Henrique, Silfverberg, Manson, Lindholm and let the Kraken pick one of them and free up cash.  The only one I'd protect is Henrique, and that's because there should be an offensive protect spot thats available.  

Again, seeing the last few games.  The young kids are fun to watch, and makes me very hopeful for next season.  But I do agree, we need a new GM, and this offseason we need to unload the older players that GMBM covets.  

I would protect:

Comtois (You didn't have him. Is he exempt?)

Henrique

Jones 

Lundestrom

Terry

And, pick who has the most trade value from the rest.

Lindholm

Fowler 

Fleury

Besides those guys, I don't care who they take. And, a couple of them I would send over in the right deal. We just don't have that much that needs protecting, worth protecting.

11 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I would protect:

Comtois (You didn't have him. Is he exempt?)

Henrique

Jones 

Lundestrom

Terry

And, pick who has the most trade value from the rest.

Lindholm

Fowler 

Fleury

Besides those guys, I don't care who they take. And, a couple of them I would send over in the right deal. We just don't have that much that needs protecting, worth protecting.

I guess you didnt' look at the link.  Yes Comtois is exempt.

Maybe we can put Rakell in a deal for Laine.

Laine: 18 points (points, not goals) in 42 games with a plus/minus of -27. He'll fit right in.

Here's another thing Laine has going for this trade. Before he was a superstar; now he's a reclamation project. Bob will be all over that sh!t (and, no I'm not kidding).

44 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

The link says those in green can be taken. Lundestrom, Steel, Jones, Volkov aren't in green. So, what's the deal?

Green are those that meet the exposure requirement.  So many have to be exposed per team.  2 green forwards, 1 green defenseman, and 1 green goalie has to be exposed.  Grant and Deslauriers will be exposed, so no problems there.  Shatenkirk will be exposed, so that will be the defensemen.  goalie is stolarz.  So really no worries on meeting the exposed requirement. 

Only the exempt don't need to be protected.  Anyone on the forward, defense, or goalie list are eligible.

57 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Maybe we can put Rakell in a deal for Laine.

Laine: 18 points (points, not goals) in 42 games with a plus/minus of -27. He'll fit right in.

Here's another thing Laine has going for this trade. Before he was a superstar; now he's a reclamation project. Bob will be all over that sh!t (and, no I'm not kidding).

Yeah, funny how Laine has dropped so much.  And Dubois isn't doing as well either.  20 pts, 36 games, -2.  Oh, and you forgot the Laine Finnish connection.  

Oh, and how about Steel and Lindholm for Laine?  Steel for some reason seems to be the odd man out right now.  Lindholm sucks, but seems to have value.  

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think Columbus will dump Torts and give Laine a chance to play the way he thrives before they sell low on him

His RFA offer is going to be interesting.  Do they give him an offer based on how this season went?  Or do they give him a contract based on how past seasons went?  

And is he vulnerable to an offer sheet?

2020 rules.

Here are the 2020 offseason compensation tiers.

• $0 – $1,439,820: No compensation
  • $1,439,821 – $2,181,545: 2021 third round pick
  • $2,181,546 – $4,363,095: 2021 second round pick
  • $4,363,096 – $6,544,640: 2021 first and third round picks
  • $6,544,641 – $8,726,188: 2021 first, second, and third round picks
  • $8,726,189 – $10,907,735: Two first round picks*, 2021 second and third round picks
  • $10,907,736 and over: Four first round picks**

I think you can throw out the last two categories.  Probably the third also.  He's probably going to be offered $4-6 million?  

It would be tempting for the Ducks, and even Kings to offer in that 2.1-4.3 million range in the flat cap world.  

43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

His RFA offer is going to be interesting.  Do they give him an offer based on how this season went?  Or do they give him a contract based on how past seasons went?  

And is he vulnerable to an offer sheet?

2020 rules.

I think you can throw out the last two categories.  Probably the third also.  He's probably going to be offered $4-6 million?  

It would be tempting for the Ducks, and even Kings to offer in that 2.1-4.3 million range in the flat cap world.  

They would match any offer sheet. I think they trade Elvis and go find a center to feed Laine. The Torts burden, once lifted, will create an environment that invites scorers to score without risk of being hustle-shamed if their man beats them back to the other zone once in awhile

A lot of risk there if the Ducks offer Columbus something decent. If he has another bad season it will be taken as there is something wrong with him or he won't put out the effort until he gets traded to the team he wants to go to. It's kind of where the Ducks are with Rakell now (sans the trade request). Who's going to give us much for him?

I'd have no problem paying him 5-6M for one season to see how he does/fits. Better risk than Shattenkirk for the next two years for the same money.

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Green are those that meet the exposure requirement.  So many have to be exposed per team.  2 green forwards, 1 green defenseman, and 1 green goalie has to be exposed.  Grant and Deslauriers will be exposed, so no problems there.  Shatenkirk will be exposed, so that will be the defensemen.  goalie is stolarz.  So really no worries on meeting the exposed requirement. 

Only the exempt don't need to be protected.  Anyone on the forward, defense, or goalie list are eligible.

Ok. I don't think it matters, because everyone who means something to the Ducks 2-3 seasons from now, will be protected. So, it's really just protecting trade assets. And, since Bob doesn't do that great there, nothing to get worked up about.