• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

KINGS 4, DUCKS 1 in the first of four game set - 

the Freeway Face-off battle for last place in the West.

The Kings, technically, mathematically, are still in the playoff hunt in the West (wink, wink).

I think Arizona won tonight so the Kings climb gets steeper.  If the Kings somehow made it into the West playoff - they'd place the VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS - who are red hot and peaking at the right time.  So if the Kings do the near impossible and sneak into the fourth playoff spot -- they might get swept by the Golden Knights who look like they're in for a deep Cup run.

33 minutes ago, disarcina said:

KINGS 4, DUCKS 1 in the first of four game set - 

the Freeway Face-off battle for last place in the West.

The Kings, technically, mathematically, are still in the playoff hunt in the West (wink, wink).

I think Arizona won tonight so the Kings climb gets steeper.  If the Kings somehow made it into the West playoff - they'd place the VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS - who are red hot and peaking at the right time.  So if the Kings do the near impossible and sneak into the fourth playoff spot -- they might get swept by the Golden Knights who look like they're in for a deep Cup run.

it's a no win situation.  Better to miss the playoffs and get in the lottery.  Although with this years draft, scouting is going to be key.  

And don't worry, we/the Ducks got last place all sewn up.  This team is just constructed poorly.  And I'm leaning towards coached wrong also.  There are faint glimmers of hope.  But we need a change up top before that glimmer is snuffed out.

Ha! Last place sewn up. I remember not too long ago when Buffalo was so far back no one was going to under play them. Then the idiots started winning. 

We could finish last. But my money is on Buffalo or New Jersey. Buffalo is just messed up and New Jersey is sleazy enough to deliberately lose. And, we'll win some games because we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I don't see us getting better than a 3rd pick.

13 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Ha! Last place sewn up. I remember not too long ago when Buffalo was so far back no one was going to under play them. Then the idiots started winning. 

We could finish last. But my money is on Buffalo or New Jersey. Buffalo is just messed up and New Jersey is sleazy enough to deliberately lose. And, we'll win some games because we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I don't see us getting better than a 3rd pick.

Well, I meant more of last in the West.  

Buffalo, I just don't know what to think of them.  They have tons of talent, and yet they still sku.  

Knowing the NHL gods, they will give us #1 when there is no clear #1 because of the Rona.  

On 4/26/2021 at 10:09 PM, gotbeer said:

it's a no win situation.  Better to miss the playoffs and get in the lottery.  Although with this years draft, scouting is going to be key.  

And don't worry, we/the Ducks got last place all sewn up.  This team is just constructed poorly.  And I'm leaning towards coached wrong also.  There are faint glimmers of hope.  But we need a change up top before that glimmer is snuffed out.

you pretty much have it locked in correctly.

Not sure what's happened to the Ducks. GEEZ.

As a Kings fan - I know full well that pursuing a plan a half re-building and half not re-building but trying to be competitive (for about four years now - ) is a half - tailed way that leads to season ending series/ games playing for last place and out of the playoffs.  

yet another year of saying this (for the Ducks as well, I guess) - the good news is there's no way to go but up and

YES - winning the lottery draft preference is better long term than the Kings somehow making it into the fourth spot (ain't happening) only to get swept away by Vegas -- IMO Vegas looks like a good bet to be hoisting the Cup above their heads on the ice.

I really think Max Jones has made a big leap this season.  He's just the pest that the Ducks need that goes to the front of the net.  He really set up the chaos for Fowler.  

Carrick also has shown that he is the type of grinder that would be ideal for a 4th line role.  

Oh, and when Zegras was on the ice, it showed.  That line was that buzzing tonight.

21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I really think Max Jones has made a big leap this season.  He's just the pest that the Ducks need that goes to the front of the net.  He really set up the chaos for Fowler.  

Carrick also has shown that he is the type of grinder that would be ideal for a 4th line role.  

Oh, and when Zegras was on the ice, it showed.  That line was that buzzing tonight.

Max Jones is everything Nick Ritchie couldn't be when he played for the Ducks.

I remember when I used to be able to watch the Ducks on TV. It seems so long ago. A few losses under the bridge.

I think the clock struck 2am on Miller Time a season ago. But hey, it didn't hurt anything letting him pocket another million this season. A nice going away present.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You came to visit me, so I have that going.  Too bad too, it's been an entertaining game.  I guess everyone else gave up on them.

Or they're watching baseball. 

Ps I'm always here for you.