• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Trade Deadline Hot Stove Thread

mmc

My opinion on trading Bundy is I am fine keeping him if the Angels view him as a #3 and they have plans to get some better pitcher to put in front of him.   The nightmare is the Angels think they found a top of the rotation arm, go forward with that mindset, and then he pitches like a #3 next year.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

My opinion on trading Bundy is I am fine keeping him if the Angels view him as a #3 and they have plans to get some better pitcher to put in front of him.   The nightmare is the Angels think they found a top of the rotation arm, go forward with that mindset, and then he pitches like a #3 next year.

I’d be perfectly happy with Bundy pitching like a #3 next year. We’ve had a hard time getting production like that out of any arm for years now. 

I swear, if we could just get three SPs to make 30 GS/180 IP of 4.00 ERA ball we’d easily be in the WC hunt and would have enough to threaten for the division. 

Just now, totdprods said:

I’d be perfectly happy with Bundy pitching like a #3 next year. We’ve had a hard time getting production like that out of any arm for years now. 

I swear, if we could just get three SPs to make 30 GS/180 IP of 4.00 ERA ball we’d easily be in the WC hunt and would have enough to threaten for the division. 

Yes, but with the AL so strong I don't think we want to bet on making the WC every year. 

If we keep Bundy as a #3 then who do we view as a #1, #2? Not Ohtani...

If Bundy has any regression then we are still a ways out in terms of pitching. 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

There really isn’t an excuse to not make any more deals, is there?

Of course not. They should be getting what they can for anyone that’s an FA next year. They did it with La Stella and Castro so far and need to do it with at least Simmons still.

The issue is that the Gm is on his way out and might not have the leash to get creative

The biggest indication that Eppler won’t be here is that his contract wasn’t extended during the coronavirus.

like him or not, I’m simply stating that you usually don’t see a Gm get to the end of their contract and then return to the same club I don’t think. Maybe there are a few examples of this that I’m unaware of though?

8 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yes, but with the AL so strong I don't think we want to bet on making the WC every year. 

If we keep Bundy as a #3 then who do we view as a #1, #2? Not Ohtani...

If Bundy has any regression then we are still a ways out in terms of pitching. 

No one? It’s pretty hard for every team to have a #1 when there’s only a handful of true #1-types in the league each year. Even harder when basically zero are available via trade or FA, and as of now, I don’t really see one this winter, with Bauer being the lone exception. And defining him as a #1 could still be a reach. 

Until we have the ability to really, actually realistically acquire a deGrom, Giolito, Flaherty, Paddack, Buehler, Bieber-type, either by trade or FA or developed internally, the Angels best bet for making and winning in playoffs is to build a solid, deep, dependable rotation of four or six guys performing at a #2-4 level, coupled with a very strong offense and a couple of elite bullpen arms. 

And I think Heaney, Bundy, Canning, and someone like Stroman or Bauer could do that for us next year. Ohtani is a huge question mark but makes it more feasible.

We can’t *currently* really take the same blueprint for success that the Dodgers, Padres, Nationals, Yankees, or Indians can. We’re closer to a Giants or Cardinals or Braves approach. Build a balanced, deep team without any huge holes, and hope they get hot.

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

No one? It’s pretty hard for every team to have a #1 when there’s only a handful of true #1-types in the league each year. Even harder when basically zero are available via trade or FA, and as of now, I don’t really see one this winter, with Bauer being the lone exception. And defining him as a #1 could still be a reach. 

Until we have the ability to really, actually realistically acquire a deGrom, Giolito, Flaherty, Paddack, Buehler, Bieber-type, either by trade or FA or developed internally, the Angels best bet for making and winning in playoffs is to build a solid, deep, dependable rotation of four or six guys performing at a #2-4 level, coupled with a very strong offense and a couple of elite bullpen arms. 

And I think Heaney, Bundy, Canning, and someone like Stroman or Bauer could do that for us next year. Ohtani is a huge question mark but makes it more feasible.

We can’t really take the same blueprint for success that the Dodgers, Padres, Nationals, Yankees, or Indians can. We’re closer to a Giants or Cardinals or Braves approach. 

The confusion between an ace and a decent #1 continues.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Majority of playoff teams have/had the Ace which is what the Angels lack. Kershaw, Cole, Verlander,  Strasburg, Scherzer, 

I think we have a solid rotation of #4 guys. We're still missing #1 and #2. Or at least (2) #2 guys. 

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have this gut feeling Heaney is getting traded.

Won’t fetch much of a return. Heaney, Goodwin and Simba all carry next to no value. 

Bundy is the one with the value. But of course this organization will once again make the mistake of believing they can compete this upcoming year and hold on to the only valuable trade piece they have