• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Take me out to the ballgame

Tank

Katie Casey was baseball mad,
Had the fever and had it bad.
Just to root for the home town crew,
Ev’ry sou Katie blew.

Before this goes bad, I'd like to point out that "sou" is a reference to the French coin ("money"), and not short for, say, "soul", which would have entirely different meaning.

😉

Turns out, he's buried in Anaheim.  

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Young people can really relate to stuff like this.

Well, in light of recent events, I think we’ve clearly seen that understanding the past isn’t such a bad thing.

4 hours ago, eligrba said:

Read the article and realize how stooopid your comment is.......it is another example of baseball transcending cultural norms.

I did read it.  My comment isn't stoooopid.  It's called sarcasm.  Read up on what that means.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's not what was said, they are saying that's when Harry Carry started leading Cubs fans in signing it

Well they said he helped popularize the tradition. To me that means it wasn't as common as it is today before him. I must've read it three or four times to try and grasp the point they were trying to make.

3 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

I did read it.  My comment isn't stoooopid.  It's called sarcasm.  Read up on what that means.

Sorry. I am starting to get twitchy when I read sound bites reducing conversations to idiocy. I missed the sarcasm.