• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

15 hours ago, St1ck said:

I know it's not as important as women's college basketball.

Trump said: “I was proudly the person responsible for the ending of something that all legal scholars, both sides, wanted and, in fact, demanded be ended: Roe v. Wade. They wanted it ended.”

Why does he feel the need to virtue signal this bad? He is an embarrassment to men everywhere. 

He then angered the Larries by saying abortion should be left to the states. Donnie must have missed the memo that the "states should decide" narrative was just a smokescreen for a nationwide abortion ban.

Jared Kushner’s Investment Firm Almost Totally Funded by Foreign Sources: NYT

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jared-kushners-affinity-partners-almost-totally-funded-by-foreign-investors-nyt

Jared Kushner’s investment firm is almost totally financed by foreign investors with whom he had dealings during his father-in-law’s first presidential term, according to The New York Times. Affinity Partners, the much-scrutinized investment fund that Kushner established after leaving his role in Washington, D.C., currently controls around $3 billion. Almost 99 percent of the money placed with Kushner by investors comes from foreign sources, according to an SEC filing made in March.

13 hours ago, St1ck said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jared-kushners-affinity-partners-almost-totally-funded-by-foreign-investors-nyt

Jared Kushner’s investment firm is almost totally financed by foreign investors with whom he had dealings during his father-in-law’s first presidential term, according to The New York Times. Affinity Partners, the much-scrutinized investment fund that Kushner established after leaving his role in Washington, D.C., currently controls around $3 billion. Almost 99 percent of the money placed with Kushner by investors comes from foreign sources, according to an SEC filing made in March.

But Hunter!

15 hours ago, St1ck said:

Jared Kushner's investment firm. 

image.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Jared Kushner's investment firm. 

image.jpeg

Don't forget Trump got paid by the Saudis again last week for hosting another LIV tournament.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is where Trump failed the hardest. He didn’t drain squat. He just refilled it. 

"Failed"

He never intended to "drain the swamp." It was just another fake narrative for the mouth breathers to touch themselves to. 

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm not wrong though. 

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-trump-republican-presidential-election-2024-585faf025a1416d13d2fbc23da8d8637

Many conservatives want a total federal abortion ban.

It's not possible either way at the federal level. Either for a ban or enshrined as a right.

It simply won't pass constitutional muster. This issue needs to go away.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It was a right from 1972 until recently. It still should be a right since those who oppose abortion are not compelled by law to have one. It's a stupid argument on every level. 

No, what's a stupid argument is the 1972 ruling which held that abortion is a protected right in the constitution.

Hence, the ruling was reversed, at it should have been. Because it's not in the fucking constitution.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Neither is the idiotic idea that religion determines science and human rights as part of the constitution. 

Cool, no one said that.

Since, as far as I know, no woman has given birth to anything besides a human, I don’t think religion is required to know what’s growing inside her.

19 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

It's not possible either way at the federal level. Either for a ban or enshrined as a right.

It simply won't pass constitutional muster. This issue needs to go away.

Ending Roe v. Wade made the issue come back in a big way. You can thank Trump, the Republicans in the Senate in 2015, and RBG for that.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Ending Roe v. Wade made the issue come back in a big way. You can thank Trump, the Republicans in the Senate in 2015, and RBG for that.

The Roe v Wade decision is what made it a toxic issue for decades.

It was a bullshit decision that was finally corrected. And now the country can properly address the issue, by leaving it to the states and we can move on.

You should be thanking Trump for helping to move us past this divisive issue.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The Roe v Wade decision is what made it a toxic issue for decades.

It was a bullshit decision that was finally corrected. And now the country can properly address the issue, by leaving it to the states and we can move on.

You should be thanking Trump for helping to move us past this divisive issue.

Yes, because it got so less divisive after it was overturned. We went all the way back to 1864 in Arizona and in Texas you might die as the fetus inside you is dying (and possibly preventing a woman from having more kids if she survives) so she has to go to another state to potentially save her own life (pro life!).

I personally don't like that abortions happen (minus rape, incest or health of the mother) but it is none of my god damn business what someone else chooses to do. As a conservative, I thought we were supposed to stay in our lane so to speak and not have too much government intrusion. But here we are with some of these states going above an beyond overreach. Republicans wanted to overturn it for so long so we'll see how it potentially hurts them in the long run. Maybe it doesn't but I have my doubts. 

Teach the basics in sex education and don't ban it anywhere. Teaching abstinence is fine by me but go above and beyond that. We could possibly prevent unwanted pregnancies and therefore abortions aren't happening as much. Is it a perfect system? Absolutely not but anything and everything helps. 

Edited by Kevin

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yes, because it got so less divisive after it was overturned. We went all the way back to 1864 in Arizona and in Texas you might die as the fetus inside you is dying (and possibly preventing a woman from having more kids if she survives) so she has to go to another state to potentially save her own life (pro life!).

I personally don't like that abortions happen (minus rape, incest or health of the mother) but it is none of my god damn business what someone else chooses to do. As a conservative, I thought we were supposed to stay in our lane so to speak and not have too much government intrusion. But here we are with some of these states going above an beyond overreach. Republicans wanted to overturn it for so long so we'll see how it potentially hurts them in the long run. Maybe it doesn't but I have my doubts. 

Teach the basics in sex education and don't ban it anywhere. Teaching abstinence is fine by me but go above and beyond that. We could possibly prevent unwanted pregnancies and therefore abortions aren't happening as much. Is it a perfect system, absolutely not but anything and everything helps. 

As far as abortion goes, I have no dog in this fight other than not being ok with tax dollars spent on them. It’s ann issue I do not care much about.  Abortion, just like any other health care is not a right expressed in the constitution therefore, it’s up to the individual states to make their laws. The 10th amendment is pretty clear on this. If the people in states that are placing heavy restrictions on it don’t like it then they should elect new legislators. Yes, many states love their overreach. Just look at California with almost everything they do. 

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Of course there's gonna be blowback after the overturning. But it'll eventually quiet down, and that'll be that. 

So up until Roe, Arizona had a 100 year old law that stood the test of time? Ok. Sounds like it was working as intended. I don't get why the age of a law matters. I'm pretty sure the law against murder is older than that.

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Teach the basics in sex education and don't ban it anywhere. Teaching abstinence is fine by me but go above and beyond that. We could possibly prevent unwanted pregnancies and therefore abortions aren't happening as much. Is it a perfect system, absolutely not but anything and everything helps. 

And here is the forever old debate. 

"Abortion is healthcare"

"My body my choice"

"Abortion is murder"

"Let people do whatever they want"

No one is going to convince anyone else at this point to re-consider their view on it. A large part of society thinks its fine, another large part thinks its so immoral to the point of criminality.

Round and round we go. Unless the constitution changes on this subject, nothing will happen federally.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Of course there's gonna be blowback after the overturning. But it'll eventually quiet down, and that'll be that. 

So up until Roe, Arizona had a 100 year old law that stood the test of time? Ok. Sounds like it was working as intended. I don't get why the age of a law matters. I'm pretty sure the law against murder is older than that.

And here is the forever old debate. 

"Abortion is healthcare"

"My body my choice"

"Abortion is murder"

"Let people do whatever they want"

No one is going to convince anyone else at this point to re-consider their view on it. A large part of society thinks its fine, another large part thinks its so immoral to the point of criminality.

Round and round we go. Unless the constitution changes on this subject, nothing will happen federally.

Yep so if you were raped and lived in Arizona you couldn't get an abortion before Roe. So you are right, it was working like it was intended with a world view of 1864.