• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

And why wouldn't they be ok with it.  Everyone knows the Dems eat newborns and have even put them on pizza.  While you are at it, isn't giving birth sort of an abortion?  It does end the pregnancy. 

I may get some heat for this but you aren't cals, I think you may be AF25. 

Damn, did you get another booster

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

18 hours ago, Taylor said:

A human baby, no. A fetus, yes.

Or do you think a 7-week fetus has the same value as your children?

On 3/29/2017 at 12:40 PM, Taylor said:

Yes, but many, many evangelicals believe the values of the Republican party align with the values of Jesus. As I've said before, when I look at the Republican party's platform, other than its stance on abortion, I don't resonate with anything the party believes in. That doesn't mean I'm a Democrat (I'm not; I'm a registered Independent)—but it frustrates me when I see Christians so gung-ho about Republican ideals that, from my perspective, are totally opposite of what Jesus championed.

On 11/2/2016 at 2:34 PM, Taylor said:

I've been a "lefty" for a couple years now. I'm registered as an independent, and I highly doubt I'll ever register as a Dem (mostly because of abortion). I've just found that I tend to lean more progressive on issues like gun control, immigration, social services, racial reconciliation, etc. 

On 11/2/2016 at 9:57 AM, Taylor said:

Also, except for pro-life, I can no longer stomach the Republican party's platform—especially as a Christian. I hate, hate, hate abortion and believe it should be illegal. But no Republican president or Supreme Court justices will ever overturn Roe v. Wade. It's just not going to happen.

On 9/8/2016 at 3:52 PM, Taylor said:

Abortion is pretty much the only topic that I still lean conservative on. That being said, I've never met a pro-life person who doesn't support abortion when the mother's life is in danger. These laws are clearly missing the mark if they're causing mothers to die.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think Taylor realized his faith and political ideologies are not compatible. 

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Truly sad shit there.

Since eight years ago, I discovered that Christians haven't historically been so pro-life. It was a shift that occurred around 1970, and it was wrapped in a lot of baggage that had nothing to do with the "sanctity of life." Many of the issues conservative Christians hold dear developed in a similar way, in American in the mid to late 1900s. 

MAGA, I think you'd be the last person to attempt some kind of "gotcha" for a person's major idealogical shift. 

My personal stance on abortion is that I wish it didn't need to happen. But I understand why a woman might choose that option, and it's not my place to decide what she does with her body.

The best way to prevent abortion is to provide social safety nets for people to have children. Mandated paid family leave, child tax credits, expanded health care access, education about contraceptives and safe sex — all these things have been statistically proven to lower abortion.

I also recognize it's unconscionable how abortion "advocates" have exploited the Black community for profit. It's not just the crusty ghouls in Louisiana who contribute to the problem.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Since eight years ago, I discovered that Christians haven't historically been so pro-life. It was a shift that occurred around 1970, and it was wrapped in a lot of baggage that had nothing to do with the "sanctity of life." Many of the issues conservative Christians hold dear developed in a similar way, in American in the mid to late 1900s. 

MAGA, I think you'd be the last person to attempt some kind of "gotcha" for a person's major idealogical shift. 

This is certainly wrong. The beliefs of so called Christians has changed over time. God’s law hasn’t changed. The SBC, Pope, and the world can change their view but the Judge is the same today as in the beginning 

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My personal stance on abortion is that I wish it didn't need to happen. But I understand why a woman might choose that option, and it's not my place to decide what she does with her body.

The best way to prevent abortion is to provide social safety nets for people to have children. Mandated paid family leave, child tax credits, expanded health care access, education about contraceptives and safe sex — all these things have been statistically proven to lower abortion.

I also recognize it's unconscionable how abortion "advocates" have exploited the Black community for profit. It's not just the crusty ghouls in Louisiana who contribute to the problem.

The best way to prevent abortion is to raise a generation of God fearing people who follow his law. Economics is simply an excuse to justify evil

11 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

This is certainly wrong. The beliefs of so called Christians has changed over time. God’s law hasn’t changed. The SBC, Pope, and the world can change their view but the Judge is the same today as in the beginning 

Let's both go ask God what he believes about abortion, then report back tomorrow what he told us.

11 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Maybe he just learned to change his opinion when it was convenient like Trump did. I agree, truly sad shit.

I also heard a rumor that certain "Bernie Bros" traded in their proletariat zeal and revolutionary mindsets for MAGA hats around June 2016. Big if true.

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That's quite a broad brush to paint with. And even if it were true, which it's not, that's not an excuse to 180 from "hate hate hate abortion" to defending it. Another person's lack of sincerity in their convictions shouldn't sway you.

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I got caught up in the Bernie bro shit. Yeah. That was really my introduction into politics. Then I learned more and adjusted how I view politics. But good luck finding a thing I've expressed hatred for over several years that I've expressed is core to my faith. Then subsequently defended and excused that thing.

45 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That's such a cop out. It's an excuse. You didn't see it as an issue of bodily autonomy before.

19 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That's such a cop out. It's an excuse. You didn't see it as an issue of bodily autonomy before.

You realize that people can change their minds over time, right?

23 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I got caught up in the Bernie bro shit. Yeah. That was really my introduction into politics. Then I learned more and adjusted how I view politics. But good luck finding a thing I've expressed hatred for over several years that I've expressed is core to my faith. Then subsequently defended and excused that thing.

Good for you. Now, maybe exercise the same level of understanding for other people who learn more and adjust their view of politics.

It's pretty typical MAGA behavior to provide grace for me, but not for thee. So thanks for playing to type.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Good for you. Now, maybe exercise the same level of understanding for people who also change their minds.

It's pretty typical MAGA behavior to provide grace for me, but not for thee. So thanks for playing to type.

changing opinion on abortion vs free healthcare is not the same thing.