• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

Trump's Truth Social platform soars in first day of trading on Nasdaq

Former President Donald J. Trump’s social media company soared in its first day of trading on the Nasdaq on Tuesday, giving the company an estimated market value of more than $8 billion, larger than established corporations like Mattel, Alaska Airlines and Western Union.  

The biggest beneficiary of the market action has been Mr. Trump, who owns about 60 percent of Trump Media, making him the largest shareholder. His stake in the company — the parent of Truth Social, the online platform that is Mr. Trump’s main megaphone for reaching supporters and attacking critics — is worth about $5 billion on paper.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/26/business/trump-media-stock.html

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

This will be the first and only Bible that Larry and Make Angels Great Again ever buy!

https://apnews.com/article/trump-god-bless-usa-bible-greenwood-2713fda3efdfa297d0f024efb1ca3003

Trump is selling ‘God Bless the USA’ Bibles for $59.99 as he faces mounting legal bills

Former President Donald Trump is now selling Bibles as he runs to return to the White House.

Trump, who became the presumptive Republican nominee earlier this month, released a video on his Truth Social platform on Tuesday urging his supporters to buy the “God Bless the USA Bible,” which is inspired by country singer Lee Greenwood’s patriotic ballad. Trump takes the stage to the song at each of his rallies and has appeared with Greenwood at events.

“Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless the USA Bible,” Trump wrote, directing his supporters to a website selling the book for $59.99.

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This will be the first and only Bible that Larry and Make Angels Great Again ever buy!

https://apnews.com/article/trump-god-bless-usa-bible-greenwood-2713fda3efdfa297d0f024efb1ca3003

At least his Trump's side is promoting the bible here.

Tell me, what do the people of your political persuasion generally think of the bible? The thing you supposedly value.

22 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Tell me, what do the people of your political persuasion generally think of the bible? The thing you supposedly value.

By promoting you mean selling to grift more money from the MAGAs. 

I'm surprised Trump hasn't made a nft card yet of himself nailed to the cross. Maybe that will be the next series.

22 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Biden pretends to be a staunch Catholic. But at least he's not trying to profit off of God's Word.

Don Jr. doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Bible. Here he is rejecting one of Jesus' central teachings.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/12/donald-trump-jr-rejects-jesuss-turn-the-other-cheek.html

But there was one short section of Trump’s speech that I thought was particularly revealing. Relatively early in the speech, he said, “If we get together, they cannot cancel us all. Okay? They won’t. And this will be contrary to a lot of our beliefs because — I’d love not to have to participate in cancel culture. I’d love that it didn’t exist. But as long as it does, folks, we better be playing the same game. Okay? We’ve been playing T-ball for half a century while they’re playing hardball and cheating. Right? We’ve turned the other cheek, and I understand, sort of, the biblical reference — I understand the mentality — but it’s gotten us nothing. Okay? It’s gotten us nothing while we’ve ceded ground in every major institution in our country.”

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Biden pretends to be a staunch Catholic. But at least he's not trying to profit off of God's Word.

Don Jr. doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Bible. Here he is rejecting one of Jesus' central teachings.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/12/donald-trump-jr-rejects-jesuss-turn-the-other-cheek.html

The end result here is more Bibles ending up in people's hands. Isn't that a good thing? Could go about it better, sure.

Don't kid yourself about leftist views on the bible and Christianity as a whole. They're in total conflict with your faith. I didn't ask what you thought of Joe Biden's religious convictions.

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The end result here is more Bibles ending up in people's hands. Isn't that a good thing? Could go about it better, sure.

Don't kid yourself about leftist views on the bible and Christianity as a whole. They're in total conflict with your faith. I didn't ask what you thought of Joe Biden's religious convictions.

I went to seminary, I've studied the Bible front to back, I've preached it. I've read books and books about the Bible and how it's been interpreted over the course of history.

The truth is, you can't make a very compelling argument for left-wing or right-wing worldviews by looking at the Bible as a whole. You can pick and choose certain verses and passages, and interpret them in such a way that it seems to paint God as left-wing or conservative. But in American terms, it's impossible to square a typical Democratic Party or Republican Party platform with the entirety of the Bible.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I went to seminary, I've studied the Bible front to back, I've preached it. I've read books and books about the Bible and how it's been interpreted over the course of history.

The truth is, you can't make a very compelling argument for left-wing or right-wing worldviews by looking at the Bible as a whole. You can pick and choose certain verses and passages, and interpret them in such a way that it seems to paint God as left-wing or conservative. But in American terms, it's impossible to square a typical Democratic Party or Republican Party platform with the entirety of the Bible.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, and I think you know it.

I'm not saying "Does looking at the world through a biblical lens have a left-wing or right-wing tilt?"

I'm saying, in today's political climate, does the right-wing or left-wing hold a more favorable view of the bible and Christianity itself? Not Christians...Christianity.

17 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, and I think you know it.

I'm not saying "Does looking at the world through a biblical lens have a left-wing or right-wing tilt?"

I'm saying, in today's political climate, does the right-wing or left-wing hold a more favorable view of the bible and Christianity itself? Not Christians...Christianity.

The answer is

Spoiler

neither

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Ok, how about a thought experiment?

You should go post on /r/AskLiberals and /r/AskConservatives the same question:

"Do you think the Bible makes the world a better place?"

I'm sure Ravi Zacharias and Adolf Hitler would both say that the Bible makes the world a better place. That question is irrelevant.

I bet if you did Bible trivia between r/Conservative and r/Politics, the conservatives would lose.

23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm sure Ravi Zacharias and Adolf Hitler would both say that the Bible makes the world a better place. That question is irrelevant.

I bet if you did Bible trivia between r/Conservative and r/Politics, the conservatives would lose.

Your mental gymnastics are a sight to behold.

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Has Trump’s side encouraged him to be more Christ like? Or is him promoting it good enough and they call it a day?

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Has Trump’s side encouraged him to be more Christ like? Or is him promoting it good enough and they call it a day?

The MAGA camp doesn't know what Christ like means.

10 hours ago, Taylor said:

The MAGA camp doesn't know what Christ like means.

They will soon know everything they want to be told about Christ in the new bible. Everybody says it is the best bible ever, trust me, everyone knows it. It's a beautiful thing and I give myself an A+ in it. Nobody has ever seen a bible like this, nobody, and I got Mexico to pay for it. I was persecuted for you in my bible, for just a small cost with shipping and handling.  Enjoy. 

image.jpeg