• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

3 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Yes some idiot (D's) have said "defund the police" shit but it isn't going to happen. It is no more going to happen then they come take your guns away. 

And it hasn't happened. People act like there's no police in these cities right now and are like "See! See! The crimes are getting WORSE!".

41 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And it hasn't happened. People act like there's no police in these cities right now and are like "See! See! The crimes are getting WORSE!".

that might be an element of it, but what makes it worse is the lack of prosecution and all of the early releases. you saw this time and time again with "protestors" in portland and elsewhere around the country and how they were given citations and ordered to appear, and would then be released a couple hours after arrest and go right back to where they were and what they were doing. bail is being done away with so these guys are being put right back on the street (and this is why there's a big recall effort going on right now to recall new LA DA Gascon, who advocates for no bail, which criminals love). there's a significant lack of prosecution going on right now, and the fear of punishment is diminishing. you don't see that? it doesn't concern you? 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

that might be an element of it, but what makes it worse is the lack of prosecution and all of the early releases. you saw this time and time again with "protestors" in portland and elsewhere around the country and how they were given citations and ordered to appear, and would then be released a couple hours after arrest and go right back to where they were and what they were doing. bail is being done away with so these guys are being put right back on the street (and this is why there's a big recall effort going on right now to recall new LA DA Gascon, who advocates for no bail, which criminals love). there's a significant lack of prosecution going on right now, and the fear of punishment is diminishing. you don't see that? it doesn't concern you? 

So you think the justice system needs reform? I agree.

Amazing that you guys watch a white guy get beat up and robbed by some thugs and all you can do is comment on something I dragged and dropped?

When you drop the picture the first statement goes with it

How would you feel if something like that happened to you?

That could have been any of you.

White privilege?

20 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Amazing that you guys watch a white guy get beat up and robbed by some thugs and all you can do is comment on something I dragged and dropped?

When you drop the picture the first statement goes with it

How would you feel if something like that happened to you?

That could have been any of you.

White privilege?

Brutal beatdown of officer during liberal bake sale was ok with you.

Officer beaten by Capitol rioters describes attack for first time |  wusa9.com

9 hours ago, cals said:

I am not a fan of Ben Shapiro.  He’s basically a cross between TrueGritch and Larry, but a bit smarter. But Ho Lee Fuk did anyone watch Bill Maher last night?

I think the only people that don’t think Malcom is an idiot is the audience 

Seattle, such a nice safe place to visit

The 770 report said the victim identified himself as Caliber Visuals from Los Angeles. The incident occurred at about 6:15 p.m. on July 31, the report said. The report said the suspect stole at least $900 in cash and an iPhone 12. The victim, who set up a GoFundMe page, reportedly suffered a brain bleed and a fractured eye.

Seattle Police said in a statement that a bystander "came to the victim’s aid and called 911. Medics transported him to Harborview Medical Center, where he received treatment for head trauma and significant injuries to his face."

The suspect was identified as a Black male, 5’10", 180 lbs., with a medium build, and was wearing an orange and yellow t-shirt and black pants with a white stripe down the side at the time of the attack, police said.

Link

37 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Seattle, such a nice safe place to visit

The 770 report said the victim identified himself as Caliber Visuals from Los Angeles. The incident occurred at about 6:15 p.m. on July 31, the report said. The report said the suspect stole at least $900 in cash and an iPhone 12. The victim, who set up a GoFundMe page, reportedly suffered a brain bleed and a fractured eye.

Seattle Police said in a statement that a bystander "came to the victim’s aid and called 911. Medics transported him to Harborview Medical Center, where he received treatment for head trauma and significant injuries to his face."

The suspect was identified as a Black male, 5’10", 180 lbs., with a medium build, and was wearing an orange and yellow t-shirt and black pants with a white stripe down the side at the time of the attack, police said.

Link

Not sure why but this was the first thing to pop in my head 

9 minutes ago, cals said:

Didn’t see that anyone had mentioned this on the main board or here.  I love this story about the Rockies fan accused of shouting the N-Word at a black Marlin player when it’s clear he was yelling at the Rockies mascot “Dinger”. 

Of course the Marlin player won’t accept that explanation.  Cause, you know, it had to be racism.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rockies-fan-screamed-mascot-dinger-didnt-yell-racial-slur

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/miami-marlins-lewis-brinson-hears-fan-yell-racial-slur-not-dinger-mascot-colorado-rockies-n-word-incident-043216518.html

And the best part,  is he’s calling for the Rockies to cancel Dinger or change Dinger’s name.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/10/lewis-brinson-rockies-mascot-dinger-n-word-controversy-name-change-mlb/

The Rockies confirmed that no one on the field, including Brinson, heard anything offensive.

They should change the mascot's name to Karen.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:10 AM, cals said:

I am not a fan of Ben Shapiro.  He’s basically a cross between TrueGritch and Larry, but a bit smarter. But Ho Lee Fuk did anyone watch Bill Maher last night?

I want to listen to this but there are people in my office today and I have no headphones. Don't want them to think I'm a neocon