• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

On 7/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, Kotchman said:

I was thinking maybe play a little David Allen Coe 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:13 PM, cals said:

Lowrider by War and that “ne-ne-ne-ne-ne ne ne neee” song?

On 7/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, cals said:

True story:  As my dad lay on his death bed in a coma, our mutual friend, a weird and very heavyset Mexican dude who is a great dude at his core put headphones on him and played “My Wife Ran Away With a Ni****”.

(Recall my mom left him years before to marry a black guy.)

On 7/15/2021 at 11:22 PM, Kotchman said:

Yes I forgot about that until after I posted it. Song to me is funny just because the dude had the balls to sing it. No offense intended. 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:24 PM, cals said:

No offense taken.  Have you ever known me to get offended?

On 7/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, Kotchman said:

Lol no. Now I found another tune while I was looking for Coe on you tube. There is a pretty solid anthem candidate about Leroys lips 

Anyone know what kind of psychosis this is?

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Hi it's, me I'm bored again.  All is well I'm not insane.
I've been drunk for seven days.  Everything is fine

I made some friends and broke the ice.  Then I ate some bread and cheese to gain some weight to keep me warm.  Everything’s OK.

It's me delivering psychosis over the phone to you.
I color your world blue.  Ten thousand miles from you, I'm sinking all alone.

I had to google that.

Wtf is "Lagwagon"?

220px-Lagwagon_hoss.jpg

Is that Minasian?

50 minutes ago, cals said:

Hi it's, me I'm bored again.  All is well I'm not insane.
I've been drunk for seven days.  Everything is fine

I made some friends and broke the ice.  Then I ate some bread and cheese to gain some weight to keep me warm.  Everything’s OK.

It's me delivering psychosis over the phone to you.
I color your world blue.  Ten thousand miles from you, I'm sinking all alone.

I was worried about you.  Then Tdawg ruined it.  Now you sit in the Tank category.

tenor.gif?itemid=11361132

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Geez you would think they would get the death penalty for treason or armed insurrection or whatever.

Works for me.  I know, it was only picnic style fun with podium relay races, flag hurling contests and face painting booths.  

On 7/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, tdawg87 said:

I'm not saying there needs to be a "July 4th for black people". Just that the actual holiday itself holds little meaning to them. I assume you have read Frederick Douglass' speech regarding the day itself. If not, it's worth a read:

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/what-slave-fourth-july-frederick-douglass/

"Water under the bridge" is an interesting thing to say. Do you really believe that? Can you or I say it's "water under the bridge"? 

I'm not saying you should feel guilty about what your ancestors did, but I don't think you should ignore what their ancestors went through. And if you don't think slavery, nor the 100 years of segregation had a significant impact on the development of black culture as a whole, well I guess I'll just respectfully disagree.

So is the country blacks live in still under British control?  Because its a holiday meant to celebrate a nation's independence.....

It's not Constitution Day, its not Bill of Rights Day.....   Maybe they should rename it Ignoramus Day.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

So is the country blacks live in still under British control?  Because its a holiday meant to celebrate a nation's independence.....

It's not Constitution Day, its not Bill of Rights Day.....   Maybe they should rename it Ignoramus Day.

I agree with this but I think maybe the point the Frederick Douglass speech centers around the Declaration of Independence as the main document connected with the 4th of July and declaring independence from Britain. The part about "all men are created equal" and "unalienable Rights." Something the founders struggled with later when creating the nation with regards to slavery. Of course he had more justification when questioning the meaning of the 4th to blacks.  Just my thoughts. 

49 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I agree with this but I think maybe the point the Frederick Douglass speech centers around the Declaration of Independence as the main document connected with the 4th of July and declaring independence from Britain. The part about "all men are created equal" and "unalienable Rights." Something the founders struggled with later when creating the nation with regards to slavery. Of course he had more justification when questioning the meaning of the 4th to blacks.  Just my thoughts. 

I get the issue is with the rhetoric involved at the time but the reality is it was about a group of people telling foreign country go pound sand.   The issue of slavery is an ugly one but it's not remotely close to a uniquely American one.  Fact is that no nation on the planet had banned slavery at the time of the Declaration of Independence, even funnier, the first sovereign "state" in the world to outright ban it was the "independent Republic" of Vermont in 1777.  

This ridiculous need to go back and judge nations by modern standards is nothing more than self righteous tripe.  Times change, people evolve, meanwhile slavery is still very much alive in parts of the world but not here and yes, if we want to be technical it started with the Declaration of Independence and the State of Vermont.

Most black Americans and libs have no trouble forgiving The Brits,Germans , and Africanos for their atrocities. In their eyes only America committed the unforgivable sin. If whites need to apologize for slavery, blacks need to step up and own the last 60 years of crime and destruction they have unleashed on America. Giving blacks their own anthem and holiday isn’t going to cure the moral bankruptcy plaguing their communities today. Instead we should give black men the man talk most of our dads gave us.