• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

13 minutes ago, Redondo said:

More Black women turning to guns for personal protection, report says

More and more Black women are considering buying a gun for personal protection, industry experts and gun rights advocates told The Associated Press. 

Valerie Rupert, a 67-year-old grandmother from Detroit, is among 1,000 or so mostly Black women taking part in free weekend gun safety and shooting lessons at two Detroit-area ranges.

"I was a little nervous, but after I shot a couple of times, I enjoyed it," she told the Associated Press. 

The uptick is driven in part by fear of crime, especially as shootings and murders have risen in cities big and small. But according to the report, a new motivator is the display of public anger in the last 15 months beginning with confrontations in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis under the knee of police officer Derek Chauvin.

There needs to be more safety classes that are free of charge. I think many new gun owners would attend and get some basic training 

10 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I'm sure it was worth it. 

So-called "QAnon Shaman" pleads guilty in Capitol riot case
https://news.yahoo.com/called-qanon-shaman-plead-guilty-224400509.html

Jacob Chansley, aka the "QAnon Shaman," pleaded guilty to one count of obstruction of an official proceeding. He had been charged with a six-count indictment that included civil disorder, violent entry and disorderly conduct, as well as a felony count for obstruction of an official proceeding, which carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison.

Why didn't they charge him with treason or seditious conspiracy?

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Come Halloween, I'm guessing it will be a popular costume.  The lazy will just carry a podium around.

Carrying a podium is not lazy. When was the last time you carried one? I moved one at work last week and I needed help in doing so. 

"Portland is unique in that we seem to be ground zero for alt-right groups to come into our town because they know they’ll get a response – and they do," Wheeler said.

It wasn't Alt-right groups destroying property and looting, throwing Molotovs and shutting down streets with barricades. This narrative needs to end.