• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which starting pitchers do you want us to target when trades resume?

mmc

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

A sixty game schedule won't make for much separation so it's likely there won't be much activity.  

I don't see much happening in terms of rentals but we've been trying to acquire starters with term since the offseason, don't see why we wouldn't still be interested by the time the deadline rolls around

The lack of minor league action really hurts the angels here.  Most of our top prospects are so young and raw -- they don't yet have the hype yet nor the results.  The guys that are closer to ML ready and do have the hype (Adell, Marsh, Sandoval, Detmers), we desperately need to feed the current team within the next 0-1 years.  Any trade for a good pitcher will either take away from those needed current guys or require too many of our really younger guys.  So many of our young guys likely would have made a good jump this year in performance and rankings.  

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Gonna bump this again now that we know we will be without Ohtani (our projected ace).  Some players have impressed early on but I definitely think we need one more starter to truly compete.

I have no idea who is available because this is just a weird season.  A trade, not for this season but the future, that I would like to see is Goodwin traded to the Indians for a pitching prospect that is major league ready.  Goodwin has shown something with the bat last year and now this year.  He has two years of club control and is affordable for a team like the Indians that is looking for a bat, always.  For this year, only teams like Pittsburgh and possibly Az will be looking to unload arms.  So start with their talent and see where that gets you.  

SPs I'm interested in so far (will change depending on how these guys perform over the next few weeks) who I think could realistically be available:

Spencer Turnbull

German Marquez

Kyle Freeland

Antonio Senzatela

Jon Gray

Dinelson Lamet

Carlos Carrasco

This is not to say I'd certainly pay the required package to get all of these players, just players who I think are realistic targets as of this point in time.  No true aces but if for whatever reason one does end up getting shopped, obviously they jump to the top of the list.  Ideally we probably acquire 2, but if we do decide to buy, I think we're much better off paying up for a starter AND a reliever instead of 2 starters.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea who is available because this is just a weird season.  A trade, not for this season but the future, that I would like to see is Goodwin traded to the Indians for a pitching prospect that is major league ready.  Goodwin has shown something with the bat last year and now this year.  He has two years of club control and is affordable for a team like the Indians that is looking for a bat, always.  For this year, only teams like Pittsburgh and possibly Az will be looking to unload arms.  So start with their talent and see where that gets you.  

This is also an appealing option but ultimately I think it'll be hard to pry away pitchers from Cleveland, with the trades of Bauer and Kluber along with reports of Carrasco and Clevinger being shopped, I think they're relying on their young group to carry their staff and probably won't deal from it unless it's for an overpayment.

16 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

SPs I'm interested in so far (will change depending on how these guys perform over the next few weeks) who I think could realistically be available:

Spencer Turnbull

German Marquez

Kyle Freeland

Antonio Senzatela

Jon Gray

Dinelson Lamet

Carlos Carrasco

This is not to say I'd certainly pay the required package to get all of these players, just players who I think are realistic targets as of this point in time.  No true aces but if for whatever reason one does end up getting shopped, obviously they jump to the top of the list.  Ideally we probably acquire 2, but if we do decide to buy, I think we're much better off paying up for a starter AND a reliever instead of 2 starters.  Then you have Carrasco who is one Cleveland, who is once again playing well.  

The problem with your group of pitchers is that most of those guys are on the Rockies and they are 7-2, and probably will be looking to add and not subtract.  Another pitcher is on the Padres, who are playing well as well.  So that leaves Turnbull.  

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I love when people think we can just trade for any pitcher who exists.

This is just a list of players I could see being trade targets.  Obviously we will have a much clearer look at the market towards the end of the month.

32 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I rather us look at a Bullpen arm. I just don't a think a quality arm is going to be avaiable. 

If we go for relievers, I'd like to try to nab both Miguel Castro and Mychal Givens from Baltimore.

34 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

WOuld you say that the Mets could be a trade partner? they lost Cepsedes, there outfiled offense is bad and there 4gb behind.

Goodwin for Matt Allan? 

Allan is still young abd probably a few years back, but the stuff and upside is there.   

If we're trading Goodwin, I'd prefer someone who can help the big league team right away if we're losing Goodwin's production.  Allan is only 19 (turned 19 only a few months ago), he's at least 4 years away.

1 hour ago, mymerlincat said:

If we're trading Goodwin, I'd prefer someone who can help the big league team right away if we're losing Goodwin's production.  Allan is only 19 (turned 19 only a few months ago), he's at least 4 years away.

That's like a tj surgery and requisite setback timeline.....that will work.