• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte: "We need to win" for Eppler to get a new deal

mmc

1 hour ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Note the word mostly....and Stoneman prided himself on going home-grown as much as possible.  

If you ate praising the GM for the success of the team from 2004-2010 and suggesting the owner had nothing to do with it than you should likewise blame the GM for current failures!

Anyone can spin facts.  Objectivity requires the applying of the facts the same way in both circumstances

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If you ate praising the GM for the success of the team from 2004-2010 and suggesting the owner had nothing to do with it than you should likewise blame the GM for current failures!

Anyone can spin facts.  Objectivity requires the applying of the facts the same way in both circumstances

Those guys were drafted before Arte bought the team.   The GM was on board before Arte bought the team.   The young manager was hired  before Arte bought the team.   They won a freakin' WS the year before Arte bought the team.

Arte didn't do anything to f/u the team those first few years and I give him credit for that.  When Arte did hire his own GM's....and played GM himself.....that's when the team started it's long descent.....and that's all on Arte.

8 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Those guys were drafted before Arte bought the team.   The GM was on board before Arte bought the team.   The young manager was hired  before Arte bought the team.   They won a freakin' WS the year before Arte bought the team.

Arte didn't do anything to f/u the team those first few years and I give him credit for that.  When Arte did hire his own GM's....and played GM himself.....that's when the team started it's long descent.....and that's all on Arte.

Once again....who is the owner?

You ate making excuses to minimize the teams accomplishments under Moreno.

Me.....I believe Stoneman was the best GM in franchise history, Scioscia the best Manager in franchise history and Moreno best owner in franchise history.  I give credit to those in charge when the team has success.

As owner, Moreno could have fired Stonemam after 2003.  He could have fired Scioscia.  He could have been cheap after 2003 and not brought in Vladdy, Colon, and Escobar! 

That's why being objective I give credit to all in charge of those years.  You try to find excuses on why some do not deserve the credit!

31 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Once again....who is the owner?

You ate making excuses to minimize the teams accomplishments under Moreno.

Me.....I believe Stoneman was the best GM in franchise history, Scioscia the best Manager in franchise history and Moreno best owner in franchise history.  I give credit to those in charge when the team has success.

As owner, Moreno could have fired Stonemam after 2003.  He could have fired Scioscia.  He could have been cheap after 2003 and not brought in Vladdy, Colon, and Escobar! 

That's why being objective I give credit to all in charge of those years.  You try to find excuses on why some do not deserve the credit!

Arte is the owner.   One who left the team with a gutted farm system and a 10 year playoff drought that started seven years after he took over the team.     You try to find excuses why he doesn't deserve the blame!

Look, what we probably can agree on is this....good things have happened since Eppler was hired.   Arte has been mostly supportive and many smart moves have been made  (IMHO, Arte still gets weirdly cheap over smaller profile players).     Rendon was a great add IMHO.   Can't wait to see Adell and any other farm hand play in Anaheim.    I think wer'e going to be a LOT better in 2020...and I think we can keep getting better onward.   But the recent nixing of an Angels-friendly trade that would have helped us in the pitching department (and then, right after, threatening Eppler's job) sure seems like the bad old days to me and it's discouraging.   

Maybe Arte will realize he did something stupid and he'll try to stop himself next time.   Maybe he'll even support doing some things to make up for the bonehead move.    If he does, I'll be happy and optimistic he can change.   But right now, it sure seems like the same old Arte that loves putting red jerseys on guys like Hamilton and Wilson....and I don't know if I can handle another 10 years of futility.

3 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Arte is the owner.   One who left the team with a gutted farm system and a 10 year playoff drought that started seven years after he took over the team.     You try to find excuses why he doesn't deserve the blame!

Look, what we probably can agree on is this....good things have happened since Eppler was hired.   Arte has been mostly supportive and many smart moves have been made  (IMHO, Arte still gets weirdly cheap over smaller profile players).      But the recent nixing of an Angels-friendly trade that would have helped us in the pitching department (and then, right after, threatening Eppler's job) sure seems like the bad old days to me and it's discouraging.   

Maybe Arte will realize he did something stupid and he'll try to stop himself next time.   Maybe he'll even support doing some things to make up for the bonehead move.    If he does, I'll be happy and optimistic he can change.   But right now, it sure seems like the same old Arte that loves putting red jerseys on guys like Hamilton and Wilson....and I don't know if I can handle another 10 years of futility.

3 more fat paragraphs saying nothing new.  We get it.  You don’t like the owner.

OMG this is so boring.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

3 more fat paragraphs saying nothing new.  We get it.  You don’t like the owner.

OMG this is so boring.

Well, you did ask direct questions....you just don't like the answers.   I did try to provide some optimism and common ground....but, I get it....you just can't handle anyone criticizing Arte.

4 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Well, you did ask direct questions....you just don't like the answers.   I get it....you just can't handle anyone criticizing Arte.

I think most of us can handle criticism of Arte.  I do it myself.  You have 200 lifetime posts all saying the same thing.

Its not about Arte anymore.  It’s about you.  You are boring.

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think most of us can handle criticism of Arte.  I do it myself.  You have 96 posts all saying the same thing.

Its not about Arte anymore.  It’s about you.  You are boring.

Again, you keep directing questions to me.    Why do so if you don't like the answers and you find them so boring?     

2 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Well, you did ask direct questions....you just don't like the answers.   I did try to provide some optimism and common ground....but, I get it....you just can't handle anyone criticizing Arte.

No it simply comes down to repetitive nonsense.  Angel friendly trade?  That is certainly what has been reported.  Arte also said no deal had been agreed to.  He didn’t threaten Eppler’s job.  Grow up.  This is a performance based business.  The team has to perform.  If Bundy, Teheran, Castro perform Eppler will still have a job.  If they don’t then that is two years in a row of free agent signings that didn’t perform.  I really like Eppler and want him to stick around for the long haul, but he isn’t without his faults.  Just like Arte isn’t without his strengths.  You just choose to ignore those and make him out to be more of a villain than he really is.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No it simply comes down to repetitive nonsense.  Angel friendly trade?  That is certainly what has been reported.  Arte also said no deal had been agreed to.  He didn’t threaten Eppler’s job.  Grow up.  This is a performance based business.  The team has to perform.  If Bundy, Teheran, Castro perform Eppler will still have a job.  If they don’t then that is two years in a row of free agent signings that didn’t perform.  I really like Eppler and want him to stick around for the long haul, but he isn’t without his faults.  Just like Arte isn’t without his strengths.  You just choose to ignore those and make him out to be more of a villain than he really is.  

Again, if someone asks me direct questions.....I'm going to answer them the best I can.   If the questions are repetitive, my responses will be also.   If you don't agree on how I see things....that's perfectly fine with me. 

EDIT:   I don't agree with everything you say, but I don't get upset and bombard you with questions about it.    I also don't tell you that you need to grow up.

4 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Again, you keep directing questions to me.    Why do so if you don't like the answers and you find them so boring?     

You are so entrenched in repeating you are now starting every post with the word “again”. . .

Shoot for something, anything, that is NOT a repeat.

1 minute ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.   You keep addressing me and then complaining you are bored.   Why don't you focus on something else?

I keep addressing you because there isn’t anyone else to blame.  You are the “owner” of the pathetically repetitious narcissistic content and the owner gets the blame.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I think we can all assume he fits into the category of fan who knows more than his friends about the Angels then comes here where everyone knows as much or more and he is surprised when his opinion is met critically, mostly because its nonsense.

Or maybe someone who just shared an opinion you don't like.   Someone who thinks a baseball discussion board should allow differing opinions.