• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte: "We need to win" for Eppler to get a new deal

mmc

3 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Anything else?   My time is precious.    There is a toaster restoration video that I've been dying to watch....

I am sure you will absorb from the video that toasters would never need to be restored if Arte didn’t suck as a human being.

36 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Arte is the owner.   One who left the team with a gutted farm system and a 10 year playoff drought that started seven years after he took over the team.     You try to find excuses why he doesn't deserve the blame!

Look, what we probably can agree on is this....good things have happened since Eppler was hired.   Arte has been mostly supportive and many smart moves have been made  (IMHO, Arte still gets weirdly cheap over smaller profile players).     Rendon was a great add IMHO.   Can't wait to see Adell and any other farm hand play in Anaheim.    I think wer'e going to be a LOT better in 2020...and I think we can keep getting better onward.   But the recent nixing of an Angels-friendly trade that would have helped us in the pitching department (and then, right after, threatening Eppler's job) sure seems like the bad old days to me and it's discouraging.   

Maybe Arte will realize he did something stupid and he'll try to stop himself next time.   Maybe he'll even support doing some things to make up for the bonehead move.    If he does, I'll be happy and optimistic he can change.   But right now, it sure seems like the same old Arte that loves putting red jerseys on guys like Hamilton and Wilson....and I don't know if I can handle another 10 years of 

Got news for you:

There was no  playoffs appearance in 1990s

One playoff appearance in 1980

One playoff appearance in 1970

No playoffs in 1960s.

Maybe that is why I appreciate the playoffs 5 times in 6 years.

Now I am not relying on Angelwin gossip to blame Arte for Wells trade, Pujols, Hamiltin and Wilson signing.  

I will say the the front office made some major league F-ups in the last 10 years.

I do blame Moreno for not going over the cap to compensate the loss of Hamilton when Arte dumped him.

I do blame Moreno for hiring Dumbshito who really F-up our franchise.  

I do blame Moreno for vacated the latin market for almost a decade.

I haven't blamed Moreno for "wasting Trouts prime years" only because he just entered his prime years.  If moves are not made the narrative of wasting Trout prime years maybe become a reality.

I do not know the full details of the Ringifro-Pederson trade.  Therefore I don't blame him for nixing the deal at this time.  However Pederson and Stripling certainly would have given us a great chance for playoffs this year.