• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pecota projected standings, 87 W and a WC.

floplag

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Pretty certain the Astros are going to slip below 95 wins this season. They have talent but much of that was bang the drum assisted. 

They lost quite a bit of talent as well this season.  They will also be counting on McCullers to bounce back from his TJ surgery.  We will see how it all plays out.  I think we will see 3 teams within 6 games at the top of the west.  

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They lost quite a bit of talent as well this season.  They will also be counting on McCullers to bounce back from his TJ surgery.  We will see how it all plays out.  I think we will see 3 teams within 6 games at the top of the west.  

Not picking on you here, cause i agree with you, but its funny how everyone always just assumes the As are there but no one ever talks about or really seems to know why, they just.. will, lol.

Just now, floplag said:

Not picking on you here, cause i agree with you, but its funny how everyone always just assumes the As are there but no one ever talks about or really seems to know why, they just.. will, lol.

Yea, I know.  The A’s are what they are, a team that plays well and never really adds anyone.  They’ll either play great or poor.  If they play great they will be one of the three teams and if they don’t they will trade off talent.

It is amazing how the latest news took all air out of the Rendon balloon.  I guess the plan is to go into the season with what we have and, if we are in contention, to make a trade at the deadline.  I'm about as unmotivated for the start of the season as I have ever been since I was a fan (1979)--and we have three of the best players in baseball!

57 minutes ago, NorCal Halo said:

It is amazing how the latest news took all air out of the Rendon balloon.  I guess the plan is to go into the season with what we have and, if we are in contention, to make a trade at the deadline.  I'm about as unmotivated for the start of the season as I have ever been since I was a fan (1979)--and we have three of the best players in baseball!

My Rendon balloon is full.

This is the most excited I've been for the start of a season in years. 

22 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Friendly reminder to check on the real Kevinb down in the basement.  You might want to alternate your method of binding so there's no permanent circulatory impairment.  He might need some vitamin D as well.  You're welcome.

Spoken like an expert.

Wait..

What?

I'm scared now.

regardless of what their specific projected win total is, they have lumped us in a category in terms of quality with the likes of Tampa, Cleveland, Boston and Oakland.  It might still take 93-95 wins to get a wild card, but I think the point is that any one of those teams listed are candidates to achieve that.  

That group is a collection of good teams with obvious holes.  It's gonna be how they overcome those nits as to who will rise to the top among them.