• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, Φαήλος said:

My pops looks exactly like Eugene Levy...it’s kind of uncanny actually 

Eugene Levy once poured paint on my car because I had a Buffalo Sabres sticker on it. I even heard him chuckling about it in the Tim Hortons parking lot with Catherine O'hara about it afterward.

TRUE STORY.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Eugene Levy told me to fuck off at Roger Dunn.

I saw Eugene Levy at a Dick’s in Yorba Linda yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. 

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

6 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

I saw Eugene Levy at a Dick’s in Yorba Linda yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. 

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

image.gif

44 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Is this copypasta

Grocery chain closes two stores in city that required 'hero pay'

Retail chain Kroger closed two California stores Saturday after Long Beach City approved a coronavirus "hero pay" ordinance.

Hero pay ordinances bump pay for workers in retail stores and pharmacies with 300 or more workers due to the hazards of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Long Beach, eligible workers have seen a $4 per hour increase in their wages.

Democratic Mayor Robert Garcia approved the ordinance in January. Other cities in California have taken similar measures, with Los Angeles approving "hero pay" in March at $5 an hour.

Local leaders and union workers applauded the move, but the measure did not pass entirely with fanfare: The California Grocers Association immediately filed for an injunction on the pay hike, but a federal judge denied the effort.

U.S. District Judge Otis D. Wright II concluded that an injunction would be "an extraordinary remedy" for the association’s complaints, the Long Beach Post reported.

In response, Kroger started to close stores in cities where "hero pay" ordinances exist. The retail chain first announced intentions to close two Long Beach locations in February, stirring protests from workers and union members.

Kroger claimed the stores were "underperforming" and that employees were given the chance to transfer to other locations, FOX Los Angeles reported.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Grocery chain closes two stores in city that required 'hero pay'

Retail chain Kroger closed two California stores Saturday after Long Beach City approved a coronavirus "hero pay" ordinance.

Hero pay ordinances bump pay for workers in retail stores and pharmacies with 300 or more workers due to the hazards of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Long Beach, eligible workers have seen a $4 per hour increase in their wages.

Democratic Mayor Robert Garcia approved the ordinance in January. Other cities in California have taken similar measures, with Los Angeles approving "hero pay" in March at $5 an hour.

Local leaders and union workers applauded the move, but the measure did not pass entirely with fanfare: The California Grocers Association immediately filed for an injunction on the pay hike, but a federal judge denied the effort.

U.S. District Judge Otis D. Wright II concluded that an injunction would be "an extraordinary remedy" for the association’s complaints, the Long Beach Post reported.

In response, Kroger started to close stores in cities where "hero pay" ordinances exist. The retail chain first announced intentions to close two Long Beach locations in February, stirring protests from workers and union members.

Kroger claimed the stores were "underperforming" and that employees were given the chance to transfer to other locations, FOX Los Angeles reported.

Redondo, you ever been to a Kroger?  They may be better out in Calif.  Longest time out here all we had was a Kroger and a Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart produce was far superior but it is further away and hard to get me into a Wal-Mart.  There is a Tom Thumb now which is more expensive but I'll pay more to not have to go to Kroger unless for beer. Kroger makes plenty of money and they are a shit hole.  If all you need is the L in BLT it will be wilted. I doubt most people here go to Kroger anyway so shut 'em down.