• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

All the Trumpers that loved his “America first” bullshit weirdly silent about an actual America first policy.  Which is Biden refusing to let any country get vaccine or vaccine material away from us.  

I personally don't believe anyone under 40 should be getting the vaccine in the US, there's too many people in other countries who need it more who are struggling.  I'd happily give my dose to an old person in India who's struggling to get into a hospital.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

I personally don't believe anyone under 40 should be getting the vaccine in the US, there's too many people in other countries who need it more who are struggling.  I'd happily give my dose to an old person in India who's struggling to get into a hospital.

Very charitable.  Wonderful. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Help me out. Why does the vaccine have to be made here? Can't we just share the formula and have it mass-produced everywhere in the world?

Don't know the situation in every country but several of them just completely lack the infrastructure to be able to mass produce vaccines.  Not sure about India or other impoverished countries, but this is currently the problem Canada is having and why they're having so much trouble getting people vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

Don't know the situation in every country but several of them just completely lack the infrastructure to be able to mass produce vaccines.  Not sure about India or other impoverished countries, but this is currently the problem Canada is having and why they're having so much trouble getting people vaccinated.

Apparently we're pretty smart in the U.S. then eh? Smart enough to know that we need the capacity to make vaccines.

Who knew the U.S. is so smart?

India coronavirus: Can its vaccine producers meet demand ...

4 days ago — How can India meet its domestic needs? The Serum Institute of India (SII) and Bharat Biotech, the two main vaccine manufacturers, will get $400 ...

Covid: India could play an important role in producing vaccines

Feb 14, 2021 — Analysts say the country has the capacity to produce for both its own ... India's vaccines will likely be more suitable for developing countries, ...

Not sure I've ever really talked about this much in here, but while I haven't gotten Covid myself, several friends and family members have and fortunate none of them have been seriously ill.  The way Covid has most affected me however, is that I've been in a long distance relationship with a girl in the Toronto area for about 4 years now.  Prior to Covid we usually saw each other for about 2-3 weeks at a time every few months, alternating between me visiting her and vice versa, but obviously we've really struggled to do so since Covid started, and it's really taken a toll on both of us mentally. 

Last time we saw each other before Covid started was December-early January of 2019/20, with the US-Canada border closing in March.  We were of course hopeful it wouldn't last that long but it became clear after a couple months that it would still be quite some time before we were able to see each other again.  Realized in July that the air border was open when arriving in the US from Canada (but not vice versa), but she wasn't able to come because she still lives with her parents and they would NOT allow her to do her mandatory 2-week quarantine upon returning to Canada at her house, and no friend or family member was willing to let her do so either.  In mid-October of last year, the border arriving in Canada from the US opened up to all people who have been in a relationship for over a year, and after going through the process of getting government approval for me to go there, I went there in mid-November and stayed for 2 and a half months, coming home on January 31st.  Though a few weeks after I arrived, they announced a new measure, all passengers boarding a plane to Canada must present a negative covid test or they won't be allowed on, AND when arriving in Canada all passengers must immediately get tested at the airport, then go to a government approved hotel where they quarantine for 3 days while awaiting the results, then upon that test coming back negative, they are allowed to go to their destination, where they must still complete a 2 week quarantine.  They intentionally have this be at expensive hotels to discourage people from traveling (it's costed people between $300-500+ for hotel fees alone), and as neither of us are exactly swimming in money, paying for this plus the plane ticket is pretty much out of the question for us. 

Ontario is now more restricted than ever before, and I worry it will be quite some time before we see each other again.  The premiers of Ontario and Quebec are pushing for even more restrictive measures at the border, which really upsets me, and gives me less hope that we'll be able to see each other any time soon.  She is graduating from university tomorrow, and is looking to move down here as soon as possible, but that process will likely take months, maybe even years.

On the one hand I get why these measures are in place as Covid is pretty bad there, but it still feels way too restricted to me.  It's been over a year at this point since the border has been closed, and the uncertainty regarding this has really taken a toll on both of us and amplified my depression over the last year.  I've been getting angry and lashing out frequently over this measures that I consider to be too controlling, but every time I question it, I get framed as a Covid denier and a selfish asshole who cares more about getting laid than saving peoples lives which really bothers me.  I just hope things get better soon, but I've been hoping that since last March, and border restrictions are about to be tighter than ever over a year later.

Wow, way longer post than I was expecting and I'm not really exactly sure where I'm going with this but I just wanted to get my thoughts out. 

I wouldn't let the flu slow me down from seeing your chick. I'd risk the 98% survival rate or whatever the fuck it is.

Whole thing was botched and mismanaged. They should have just had the fat people and people with underlying conditions stay locked up while the rest of us folks continued business as usual.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't let the flu slow me down from seeing your chick. I'd risk the 98% survival rate or whatever the fuck it is.

Whole thing was botched and mismanaged. They should have just had the fat people and people with underlying conditions stay locked up while the rest of us folks continued business as usual.

It's not because either of us are worried about visiting each other, just government regulations (mostly Canada) that prevent us from being able to

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

lol ok

4 hours ago, mmc said:

Not sure I've ever really talked about this much in here, but while I haven't gotten Covid myself, several friends and family members have and fortunate none of them have been seriously ill.  The way Covid has most affected me however, is that I've been in a long distance relationship with a girl in the Toronto area for about 4 years now.  Prior to Covid we usually saw each other for about 2-3 weeks at a time every few months, alternating between me visiting her and vice versa, but obviously we've really struggled to do so since Covid started, and it's really taken a toll on both of us mentally. 

Last time we saw each other before Covid started was December-early January of 2019/20, with the US-Canada border closing in March.  We were of course hopeful it wouldn't last that long but it became clear after a couple months that it would still be quite some time before we were able to see each other again.  Realized in July that the air border was open when arriving in the US from Canada (but not vice versa), but she wasn't able to come because she still lives with her parents and they would NOT allow her to do her mandatory 2-week quarantine upon returning to Canada at her house, and no friend or family member was willing to let her do so either.  In mid-October of last year, the border arriving in Canada from the US opened up to all people who have been in a relationship for over a year, and after going through the process of getting government approval for me to go there, I went there in mid-November and stayed for 2 and a half months, coming home on January 31st.  Though a few weeks after I arrived, they announced a new measure, all passengers boarding a plane to Canada must present a negative covid test or they won't be allowed on, AND when arriving in Canada all passengers must immediately get tested at the airport, then go to a government approved hotel where they quarantine for 3 days while awaiting the results, then upon that test coming back negative, they are allowed to go to their destination, where they must still complete a 2 week quarantine.  They intentionally have this be at expensive hotels to discourage people from traveling (it's costed people between $300-500+ for hotel fees alone), and as neither of us are exactly swimming in money, paying for this plus the plane ticket is pretty much out of the question for us. 

Ontario is now more restricted than ever before, and I worry it will be quite some time before we see each other again.  The premiers of Ontario and Quebec are pushing for even more restrictive measures at the border, which really upsets me, and gives me less hope that we'll be able to see each other any time soon.  She is graduating from university tomorrow, and is looking to move down here as soon as possible, but that process will likely take months, maybe even years.

On the one hand I get why these measures are in place as Covid is pretty bad there, but it still feels way too restricted to me.  It's been over a year at this point since the border has been closed, and the uncertainty regarding this has really taken a toll on both of us and amplified my depression over the last year.  I've been getting angry and lashing out frequently over this measures that I consider to be too controlling, but every time I question it, I get framed as a Covid denier and a selfish asshole who cares more about getting laid than saving peoples lives which really bothers me.  I just hope things get better soon, but I've been hoping that since last March, and border restrictions are about to be tighter than ever over a year later.

Wow, way longer post than I was expecting and I'm not really exactly sure where I'm going with this but I just wanted to get my thoughts out. 

This sucks, man. I hope y'all are able to see each other really soon. Those quarantines sure seem excessive based on what we know about this.