• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m confident that the media will be responsible about the news on J&J having an issue for 1-6 out of a million people and definitely wont facilitate lunatic hysteria about the vaccine.  

Extremely rare complication that does not outweigh the benefits is what it looks like to me. 

FDA's call to pause Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 'strong argument for safety,' Fauci says | Fox News

Like Fauci doing what he can to remain relevant. He loves this stuff 

1 minute ago, fishbulb said:

Top shelf!

Damn right it is. I'm so confident they injected Pfizer instead of a placebo that I'm going to Texas to watch the Angels vs the Astros then the Rangers series. You and Kurt are welcome to join in Arlington for some beers and baseball.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

FDA's call to pause Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 'strong argument for safety,' Fauci says | Fox News

Like Fauci doing what he can to remain relevant. He loves this stuff 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

He didn't get enough attention as a child.

truly baffling how the two sides of this have either made Fauci into a hero savior figure or some conspiratorial bad faith actor.  Like what do you guys want from this guy ? 

he’s an adequately competent semi career bureaucrat who has had a very difficult communication role dealing with a dumb country full of fucking babies that can’t objectively process bad news.  He’s had some missteps. But, in fairness the job is very difficult.  And do we think the Trump administration was good about this ? Funny that the people who cry about Fauci seem to be the same people who don’t think Donald Trump and his government were completely full of shit about everything.  I’ve said what I think before.  He should have stepped down when it became clear that he communicated the no mask thing early on because they were trying to make sure that there wasn’t a run on masks before they could get enough for medical workers.  And they didn’t get that done even but it came out that masks were important and that was that.  At that point he should stepped down not because he was wrong to communicate the way he did - he had to.  But rather because in his role as a person who needed to communicate with masses of people, his word was compromised.  Not great for the masses of stupid asshole deniers.  That he didn’t resign that role is unfortunate.  And probably reflective of a decent amount of hubris.  Not great, but he is a pretty successful doctor.  So not all together surprising.  

anyway, he isn’t a hero, and he isn’t an all together bad character. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Not great, but he is a pretty successful doctor.

He does not work with patients. So, more of a research scientist than doctor. Yes, he went to med school and completed residency but never worked with patients directly, he was always behind the microscope. Not a knock on his career path but the whole Doctor angle is more humanizing him that being correctly describing what he does. 

26 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He does not work with patients. So, more of a research scientist than doctor. Yes, he went to med school and completed residency but never worked with patients directly, he was always behind the microscope. Not a knock on his career path but the whole Doctor angle is more humanizing him that being correctly describing what he does. 

Fair.  Still my point being, he’s been fairly successful at that.  One of more famous epidemiologists, even before covid.  Was a known figure during the AIDS shit as I understand it.   So I don’t find ego thing very surprising.  Not that I’m excusing him for it.  It is what it is.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Fair.  Still my point being, he’s been fairly successful at that.  One of more famous epidemiologists, even before covid.  Was a known figure during the AIDS shit as I understand it.   So I don’t find ego thing very surprising.  Not that I’m excusing him for it.  It is what it is.  

Have you studied his contributions on developing and unleashing Covid 19 on the world

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh yes. 

He just became a politician with a medical degree. His wife spent quite a bit of time arguing for assisted suicide. One of the reasons I doubt his major concern was saving lives. Killing old people was pretty ok in his household prior to election season. He told Americans not to worry and then tried to sell this as the worst thing since the Plague. He is either grossly incompetent or he had an agenda. It is very likely he knew way to much to be wrong. I am convinced he played a political game. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why does someone need assistance to commit suicide? Thousands of people off themselves every year all by them self. 

The choice of assisted suicide can come from those that are incapable of doing it themselves physically. It is no different than a DNR request by a patient that has no chance of survival without artificial means. unplugging them is the same as assisted suicide. Unfortunately I had to witness that this October. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know.  Maybe a terminally ill person would like to die painlessly and without one of your precious guns.  

I’m only being a smart ass as I’m not opposed to it. I can see why it would controversial in the medical community as their oath is to save lives. I try to imagine myself in a situation of suffering and what I would want. We put our animals down in the name of compassion. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m only being a smart ass as I’m not opposed to it. I can see why it would controversial in the medical community as their oath is to save lives. I try to imagine myself in a situation of suffering and what I would want. We put our animals down in the name of compassion. 

I’m glad you aren’t opposed to it.  I too was being a smart ass.   Anyway, Seeing someone who is very ill and suffering is terrible.  That suffering can drag on for a long time and be hideous. If they don’t really have prospects of recovery and would like to not suffer anymore then what’s humane and ethical imo is for them be allowed to go as peacefully as possible.  Of their own volition of course. Death is a part of life. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I recall seeing a special about this on Dateline or 60 mins some time ago.  It was in New Zealand or Australia, I don’t recall which.  Anyway it was surprising  because they were following around this older man who did not have any kind of immediate health crisis.  He wasn’t sick or anything.  He was just old.  Anyway, his wife had passed away some time ago.  He had one child who had died in adulthood.  Cancer or something.  He was alone for some time.  It wasn’t that he was horribly lonely or anything.  He had neighbors that would check on him I guess.  But not many “friends” left around.  I think he was in his 80’s or something.  He was a ww2 veteran. Anyway, he was pursuing this assisted suicide thing that they allow and was in the process of jumping through all the hoops that the government required.  Quite a lot since you know.  He wasn’t in pain or suffering anything.  Anyway he finally got the green light.  And it struck me how at peace he seemed to be with it.  He seemed to have thought about it so much.  It’s what he wanted.  So this kind of situation isn’t what I’d want for anyone.  I couldn’t imagine myself doing it.  At the time wasn’t that impressed.  I didn’t like begrudge him or anything but I found it so odd.  Anyway like I said it was some time ago, maybe 10 years.  I’m a little older now and I think about that man every now and then and I sort of have become much more sympathetic.  Anyway, they showed them the room, it was sort of a comfortable little place with a bathroom and what looked like a nice enough bed.  He’d be hooked up to this IV the night he was going to do it and then he’d press this button when he was ready and the drug would he administered and he’d die peacefully in his sleep.  And I mean that’s what happened.  I don’t think he was a crazy person.  I don’t think there’s any evil in what happened.  What can you say.  

Edited by UndertheHalo