• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is a stupid take. You should ashamed. 

Well I “won’t ashamed.” This is the most overblown bullshit in the history of this country. Is it serious? Yes. Is it worth shutting down the country? No. 

I’m sorry you’re among the vulnerable, I really am. But just because you have health issues doesn’t mean you have the right to restrict my freedoms. This is a supposedly free country and freedom comes with risks. There are precautions you can take to avoid getting sick and you should do so but your risks don’t supersede my rights. 

Edited by Lhalo

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Well I “won’t ashamed.” This is the most overblown bullshit in the history of this country. Is it serious? Yes. Is it worth shutting down the country? No. 

I’m sorry you’re among the vulnerable, I really am. But just because you have health issues doesn’t mean you have the right to restrict my freedoms. This is a supposedly free country and freedom comes with risks. There are precautions you can take to avoid getting sick and you should do so but your risks don’t supersede my rights. 

Another really stupid take. Evidently simple medical science is beyond your political convictions to what party, I don't know, but is obviously some fringe that thinks their rights are always under some siege. They are not.

You should try being an adult. I know it is so much harder than some alt right or left position that caters to an only you mantra but, really , grow up and grow a pair and quit being some mindless drone.

I am so tired of you outsider idiots thinking you are championing some cause because you cant suffer being told what to do even if for the common good. You are the kind of asshole that would refuse to ration water on an adrift lifeboat because its your right to drink as much as you want. And to that you need to be dumped overboard.

This pandemic is not about you, thickhead. 

2 hours ago, angelinkc said:

18K people had a heart attack, 6k cancer. 12 sepsis, 5k dementia,  12k kidney failure, 4k injury related.All counted as corona. 

You giant idiot, COVID causes sepsis. Sepsis isn't a chronic condition. It also puts people in renal (kidney) failure. It absolutely fucks up your myocardium (heart muscle) and causes myocardial ischemia and infarction. It puts your blood in a hyper coagulative state, causing strokes and heart attacks.

Go ahead and write off the cancer, dementia and injured patients if you want to, though, although it's totally possible that they have overlapping conditions.

I've dealt a shit ton with COVID, I presume more than anybody that's active on the board. I've run a COVID unit. I've seen husband and wife patients moved down 3 floors from a standard COVID unit so they could join their dying son in one of our COVID ICUs in his last moments. I've watched as we sent a nurse into a COVID patient's room so she could watch here husband's (COVID induced) funeral on an iPad. I've seen countless patients tank, and quickly. I've seen it absolutely consume our 500+ bed hospital. Before we were able to flip units to COVID, I've seen 28 COVID holds waiting for rooms in our ER. I've seen 3 ICUs and 4 entire floors have to flip to take care of these patients. I've seen our morgue refuse additional bodies because they didn't have room. I've put people in body bags that were just going about life as usual a mere 10-20 days earlier. These patients are NOTHING like flu patients. The volume of patients is NOTHING like that of flu. This is not the fucking flu.

This shit starts off slow and people ask "where are the deaths?" Then it escalates like that bomb in Beirut. It hits hard, and it hits fast. Slowing it down is like stopping a freight train. The only reason we don't see places exploding like New York and Italy is because we all saw what happened in New York and Italy.

Things are settling down here, thankfully, and I'd like to believe we'll be out of the woods within 3 weeks, but who knows?

Keep posting about sepsis as if it's some kind of distinct condition not brought on by others, though. I always enjoy learning new things like that.

24 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Another really stupid take. Evidently simple medical science is beyond your political convictions to what party, I don't know, but is obviously some fringe that thinks their rights are always under some siege. They are not.

You should try being an adult. I know it is so much harder than some alt right or left position that caters to an only you mantra but, really , grow up and grow a pair and quit being some mindless drone.

I am so tired of you outsider idiots thinking you are championing some cause because you cant suffer being told what to do even if for the common good. You are the kind of asshole that would refuse to ration water on an adrift lifeboat because its your right to drink as much as you want. And to that you need to be dumped overboard.

This pandemic is not about you, thickhead. 

I have never done anything to threaten your safety. I’m on the outside fringe because I want my kids to be educated in a classroom? What gives you the right to say they can’t? Who the fuck are you to deny them that? Who is anybody to deny them that? You think I’m some extreme right winger because I can understand statistics and I realize that me or my kids are more likely to be killed or maimed in a vehicle accident than we are Covid-19?

I’ve already pointed out to you in detail that masks and other precautions were rare during the 1918 pandemic and they were mandated on a city by city basis yet somehow the people survived. I guess we weren’t a nation of pandering faggotry back then. This asinine shit has been going on since March and has completely destroyed the service industry, restaurants, retailers and an untold number of other job markets. Anyone who thinks this can go on much longer and think we can still have any semblance of a functioning economy is a fucking fool period. It’s time to bite the bullet and let people decide for themselves which risks they are willing to take. 

You can do whatever you guys want with your lives but when it comes to infringing my rights as a tax paying citizen of this country you can very well fuck right off. The greatest part of this whole endeavor has been to see the smart end of the population actually stick up for themselves and not cowtow to un-elected officials demanding that they heed to their wishes. I personally know many people who have been infected with this virus and all but one have recovered 100%. The only person I know who hasn’t recovered was an individual who I had an in person conference meeting with today who still has a minor loss of taste and smell. 

The moral of my rant is that if you feel you’re at risk then step aside and take care of yourself. To me, a healthy 40 year old active individual with no health issues, should be able to live a life the way I please without some politician tell me I can’t even take my kid to a soccer field. In the immortal words of the host of Chez Quis “I weep for the future.”

29 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

You giant idiot, COVID causes sepsis. Sepsis isn't a chronic condition. It also puts people in renal (kidney) failure. It absolutely fucks up your myocardium (heart muscle) and causes myocardial ischemia and infarction. It puts your blood in a hyper coagulative state, causing strokes and heart attacks.

Go ahead and write off the cancer, dementia and injured patients if you want to, though, although it's totally possible that they have overlapping conditions.

I've dealt a shit ton with COVID, I presume more than anybody that's active on the board. I've run a COVID unit. I've seen husband and wife patients moved down 3 floors from a standard COVID unit so they could join their dying son in one of our COVID ICUs in his last moments. I've watched as we sent a nurse into a COVID patient's room so she could watch here husband's (COVID induced) funeral on an iPad. I've seen countless patients tank, and quickly. I've seen it absolutely consume our 500+ bed hospital. Before we were able to flip units to COVID, I've seen 28 COVID holds waiting for rooms in our ER. I've seen 3 ICUs and 4 entire floors have to flip to take care of these patients. I've seen our morgue refuse additional bodies because they didn't have room. I've put people in body bags that were just going about life as usual a mere 10-20 days earlier. These patients are NOTHING like flu patients. The volume of patients is NOTHING like that of flu. This is not the fucking flu.

This shit starts off slow and people ask "where are the deaths?" Then it escalates like that bomb in Beirut. It hits hard, and it hits fast. Slowing it down is like stopping a freight train. The only reason we don't see places exploding like New York and Italy is because we all saw what happened in New York and Italy.

Things are settling down here, thankfully, and I'd like to believe we'll be out of the woods within 3 weeks, but who knows?

Keep posting about sepsis as if it's some kind of distinct condition not brought on by others, though. I always enjoy learning new things like that.

1 in 3 hospital deaths were due to sepsis prior to covid so it is fairly logical covid might not be the cause for all 12k deaths. I left multiple other causes as everything isn't always black and white. I am not denying corona kills but there is a need for transparency and open the damn schools. How many of these patients should have seen a doctor for underlying issues but postponed it do to covid? Open and honest reporting would have created a lot more buy in from Americans with mask and distancing. The press and our government needs to detail this information to the people. Both chose to misrepresent the death toll just like they lied about masks. I assume they believe Americans would never support the BS if they knew the truth. For me, I would be much more willing to play ball on the BS if the facts were openly discussed. Policy aside, I appreciate your work with the sick. We have completely forgotten about healthcare workers as we continue to kiss black Americans ass. Really is a shame because many workers have died and it has to be stressful.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

AMEN. Our freedom doesn't end where Blarg's fear begins

I don’t disagree we are in a tough spot. However , Blarg can work from home or quit and spare us some boring reality tv. A very small sacrifice compared to the educational and emotional damage our kids are experiencing. We all hope we never have to do it but any man worth a damn should be willing to die to preserve life and liberty for our kids 

23 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Another fact omitted is the number of Mexicans jumping the border to attend our hospitals. I don’t blame them or wish to deny them service but they shouldn’t be counted as American deaths. 

I am not the smartest guy on this board, so maybe you can help me on this one. Are Mexicans who are sick and dying of COVID really able to jump Trump’s beautiful border wall, run across a desert, grab an Uber, and then admit to a hospital? Are so many Mexicans doing this that is meaningfully increasing our COVID numbers? Or is the just another example of let’s blame Mexicans for all our problems? 

4 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I am not the smartest guy on this board, so maybe you can help me on this one. Are Mexicans who are sick and dying of COVID really able to jump Trump’s beautiful border wall, run across a desert, grab an Uber, and then admit to a hospital? Are so many Mexicans doing this that is meaningfully increasing our COVID numbers? Or is the just another example of let’s blame Mexicans for all our problems? 

Lol. Phil’s a lawyer and even he doesn’t know how the border works! Haha!

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

If you like Chile Verde, my three favorites are: Super Antijitos, Siete Mares in Orange and Bobby D’s by the Orange Mall.  Now Bobby D’s is a take out place and doesn’t even sound Mexican and the Chile verde isn’t even spicy hardly.  But it is still delicious.  Super Antijitos still my favorite though.  I also like the Chile verde burritos from Los Reyes.

I'm not a big Chile verde guy. I like it, but I like so much more Mexican food before I get to that.

But the fact you brought up some places, I'll check it out. When done proper Chile verde is pretty hard to beat.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

If you like Chile Verde, my three favorites are: Super Antijitos, Siete Mares in Orange and Bobby D’s by the Orange Mall.  Now Bobby D’s is a take out place and doesn’t even sound Mexican and the Chile verde isn’t even spicy hardly.  But it is still delicious.  Super Antijitos still my favorite though.  I also like the Chile verde burritos from Los Reyes.

When I lived in Orange/VP I used to hit up Bobby D’s all the time. There used to be a Blockbuster Video on the corner of Meats and Tustin in that parking lot. My cousin worked there and deleted all my late fees out of the system. It pays to have relatives in high places. 

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

When I lived in Orange/VP I used to hit up Bobby D’s all the time. There used to be a Blockbuster Video on the corner of Meats and Tustin in that parking lot. My cousin worked there and deleted all my late fees out of the system. It pays to have relatives in high places. 

How many time did you rent Ninja Gaiden?

30 minutes ago, wopphil said:

The problem is complex. There are many ways to cross the border if you are brave or desperate enough. Most were probably already here illegally. Illegals make up 4% of our population and we know Hispanics are being hit hard. We can estimate they make up at least 4-6 percent of the deaths. So roughly 6k- 8k which coincidentally is about the same number of pure covid deaths total. Full disclosure I do blame the wife for most everything