• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

It's wrong to say that a large portion of nurses have been fired, but this is absolutely infuriating. These fuckers lost control of their labor market and they've pissed that somebody is treating them this way. Screw them.

Correct me if I'm wrong here Rally.  But I remember even before Covid there was a nursing shortage.  I seem to remember local LA hospitals paying big bonus' to move here.  

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

8 hours ago, Tank said:

Are there any published stats on how many infected people have not been vaxxed  vs. infected people who are vaxxed?

Yes, there's tons of data available. I can't think of a health issue that's had more data generated in such a short amount of time. With that said, data has shown for a long time that the vaccinated can get infected. It shows that the vaccinated are protected (no, not 100%, and that's an unreasonable expectation) from adverse outcomes when infected.

So we know that people who are vaccinated are absolutely able to get infected, but do get infected at lower rates. They also have better outcomes, and overwhelmingly so (it's not even close).

What kind of data are you looking for? Honestly, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if you have questions.

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So are we worried about who's infected or who's affected? Can these stats predict the numbers of asymptomatic carriers in both groups? Personally I'm more interested in which group has the worst time of it and the most lasting effects

Horse is waaaaaaay out of the barn on who's infected. Sure, we should be trying to prevent infection, but we're not presently going to eliminate asymptomatic carriers capable of infecting in any group. We can reduce them.

Data sure is looking like those who are vaccinated have fewer lasting effects as well.

4 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Horse is waaaaaaay out of the barn on who's infected. Sure, we should be trying to prevent infection, but we're not presently going to eliminate asymptomatic carriers capable of infecting in any group. We can reduce them.

Data sure is looking like those who are vaccinated have fewer lasting effects as well.

Yep. We had a major outbreak at work and most of the vaccinated didn’t catch it. Some did but had very mild symptoms. I’ve had my booster but i still get a PCR every week just in case I am asymptomatic. I really don’t want to be a dick and spread it around if I do have it 

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Yes, there's tons of data available. I can't think of a health issue that's had more data generated in such a short amount of time. With that said, data has shown for a long time that the vaccinated can get infected. It shows that the vaccinated are protected (no, not 100%, and that's an unreasonable expectation) from adverse outcomes when infected.

So we know that people who are vaccinated are absolutely able to get infected, but do get infected at lower rates. They also have better outcomes, and overwhelmingly so (it's not even close).

What kind of data are you looking for? Honestly, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if you have questions.

thanks. of those currently/recently infected, what percentage were vaccinated and what percentage were not?

11 hours ago, cals said:

I think people complaining about shit think they they’re a lot cooler than they are.  You know what the real cool kids did? Started a mask or hand sanitizer company or made a food delivery app or made a vaccine that barely worked.

These Canadians and American Larrys to me are like black people complaining the government doesn’t give them enough money.  

Ya but nobody gives a shit about what you think. 

32 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I don’t think there is a person in my office who hasn’t got it. The last guy just got Covid Wednesday. Looks like we’ve got heard immunity now bitches. 

I know people that have gotten the Rona multiple times.  So good luck with the herd immunity.  

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Some fat bitch came into my office yesterday and was telling my assistant she had it three times.  You could tell she was also the fat bitch in high school who told people she had some stud athlete boyfriend but “he went to another school”.  Oh also she’s “a model”.

Yeah right.

There are fat models 

4 minutes ago, cals said:

I think 95% of the time this is bullshit.

Only time will really tell, whether that 5% becomes 50%.  And considering that most people didn't get the Rona it till Omicron, it's the next waves that will be telling on if reinfection/breakthrough cases are bullshit or not.