• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I want to see someone here try to refute this. 

Oh boy. Everyone's favorite book "Larry Demands Answers" has a new chapter! What fun.

Exactly what part would you like refuted? It's pretty clear that pain pills can have absolutely awful consequences, so that doesn't need to be refuted.

My bet is that you could probably have avoided this exchange with some googling, but let's see where this goes.

5 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Oh boy. Everyone's favorite book "Larry Demands Answers" has a new chapter! What fun.

Exactly what part would you like refuted? It's pretty clear that pain pills can have absolutely awful consequences, so that doesn't need to be refuted.

My bet is that you could probably have avoided this exchange with some googling, but let's see where this goes.

I don’t understand why the monoclonal antibodies aren’t more readily available as a standard treatment for Covid. My mom is in a study at John Hopkins for transplant recipients and they are looking at giving them to immune-compromised patients as a preventive measure. I’m sure Regeneron could make a large fortune too. I’m not sure if there are serious reasons why people shouldn’t receive them if your doctor wants you to get them. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It's so on-brand for Larry to follow the UFC. Kind of like it's on-brand for me to watch RuPaul's Drag Race.

Who says I follow UFC? I watch it every now and then but I only know who a few fighters are. You don’t have to be a follower to know who Dana White and Joe Rogan are. 

Edited by Lhalo

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Who says I follow UFC? I watch it every now and then but I only know who a few fighters are. You don’t have to be a follower to know who Dana White and Joe Rogan are. 

I've heard of Joe Rogan. Didn't know who Dana White was until this morning.

The More You Know Kitty GIF

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I don’t understand why the monoclonal antibodies aren’t more readily available as a standard treatment for Covid. My mom is in a study at John Hopkins for transplant recipients and they are looking at giving them to immune-compromised patients as a preventive measure. I’m sure Regeneron could make a large fortune too. I’m not sure if there are serious reasons why people shouldn’t receive them if your doctor wants you to get them. 

If y'all did some googling about why what Dana White said about monoclonal antibodies is totally incorrect, you'd also see why they aren't currently readily available as a treatment. White is making some incorrect assumptions and they're the foundation upon which his comments about monoclonal antibodies are based.

31 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

If y'all did some googling about why what Dana White said about monoclonal antibodies is totally incorrect, you'd also see why they aren't currently readily available as a treatment. White is making some incorrect assumptions and they're the foundation upon which his comments about monoclonal antibodies are based.

I'm sure White is a bit full of it but if I remember right, the antibody treatments were given to those that met a certain criteria. That criteria was more than just your doctor prescribing it. That's what I have an issue with 

There’s A Shortage Of Monoclonal Antibody Treatments For Covid-19. Here’s How They Work. (forbes.com)

Monoclonal Antibodies: Are There Shortages and Why - UncoverDC

If it is accurate that the Feds are controlling the supply then that is a problem too. Maybe the production on these should be a priority moving forward so we aren't just left with a dwindling supply that must be rationed. 

Edited by Jason

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

There’s A Shortage Of Monoclonal Antibody Treatments For Covid-19. Here’s How They Work. (forbes.com)

Monoclonal Antibodies: Are There Shortages and Why - UncoverDC

If it is accurate that the Feds are controlling the supply then that is a problem too. Maybe the production on these should be a priority moving forward so we aren't just left with a dwindling supply that must be rationed. 

Hay dios mio.

TLDR: there is plenty Regeneron out there. It's just that it's ineffective against Omicron, and unlike when White got sick (late Nov/early Dec), Delta isn't the variant causing sickness. Regeneron is testing new mabs targeted at Omicron, but has nothing approved yet. There are doses of regen-cov sitting around because they're useless right now.

The only mab that currently available and effective against Omicron is Sotrovimab, and there's not much supply. As such, it's available but the supply is short and it's being rationed. We're giving it in freestanding ERs here with a doctor's order, but certain patients are prioritized. Those patients: organ recipients.

People at high risk should pursue Paxlovid at pharmacies, but you have to chase it down.

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Hay dios mio.

TLDR: there is plenty Regeneron out there. It's just that it's ineffective against Omicron, and unlike when White got sick (late Nov/early Dec), Delta isn't the variant causing sickness. Regeneron is testing new mabs targeted at Omicron, but has nothing approved yet. There are doses of regen-cov sitting around because they're useless right now.

The only mab that currently available and effective against Omicron is Sotrovimab, and there's not much supply. As such, it's available but the supply is short and it's being rationed. We're giving it in freestanding ERs here with a doctor's order, but certain patients are prioritized. Those patients: organ recipients.

People at high risk should pursue Paxlovid at pharmacies, but you have to chase it down.

Sounds like getting your hands on hard to find bourbons. That sucks.  Since Covid is never going away it may be a good idea to put more resources in ensuring hospitals everywhere can easily get whatever MABs are needed. I don’t know how complicated the production of them is but it seems like we could do a lot better. Add in some oral therapeutics and we should be able to deal with future Covid outbreaks with little problem