• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congressman looking to investigate cheating scandal

43 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Because there are no bigger national problems than sign stealing in baseball.

Yes certainly there are much bigger problems but that doesn't mean you don't do your job too and quite frankly MLB shouldn't have some of the rights it does, so frankly it is time for some structural changes in baseball.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol ... and people believed nothing would come of this....  Don't look now but it might get a lot bigger and there may yet be further action.

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/illinois-congressman-hearings-astros-cheating-scandal/533741

Yes Lol. If congress is getting involved nothing will come out of it. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

I trust MLB to solve its problems much more than I’d trust congress to do so.  When was the last time we said, ”thank god congress got involved”. 

I’d think even the threat of congress getting involved would force the hand of MLB to reopen the investigation.  

Congress' involvement was critical in getting MLB to institute it's anti-PED program.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

MLB brought this on themselves. They tried to sweep it under the rug.

The gag order was a mistake.   

Offering immunity to players to avoid going to war with the MLBPA, was one thing, but the league wide "no comment" order felt pretty suspect.  Anything bringing into question the validity of outcomes so soon after congress allowed nationwide sports betting was going to draw attention to them.

Pretty stupid.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The gag order was a mistake.   

Offering immunity to players to avoid going to war with the MLBPA, was one thing, but the league wide "no comment" order felt pretty suspect.  Anything bringing into question the validity of outcomes so soon after congress allowed nationwide sports betting was going to draw attention to them.

Pretty stupid.

Manfred was trying to find the approach that rocked the boat the least. Walk the line between too much and too little of a response and punishment. As far as that goes, I doubt he could’ve done much better based on what I presume were his priorities. It just may not make it go away like I’m certain he hoped. 

10 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Manfred was trying to find the approach that rocked the boat the least. Walk the line between too much and too little of a response and punishment. As far as that goes, I doubt he could’ve done much better based on what I presume were his priorities. It just may not make it go away like I’m certain he hoped. 

I don't think the punishment is an issue....  It's the gag order that is suspect.... Makes for what seems like a lack of transparency.   Why can't teams say how they feel?  It's a bad look.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was listening to MLB radio today and an Astros fan called in.  I really like what he had to say, he said that he felt that Manfred’s goal was more of prevention and less of punishment.  I think that sounds about right.  I think this will prevent organizational cheating in the future.  

and do nothing to prevent players from cheating 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I was listening to MLB radio today and an Astros fan called in.  I really like what he had to say, he said that he felt that Manfred’s goal was more of prevention and less of punishment.  I think that sounds about right.  I think this will prevent organizational cheating in the future.  

That has been pretty much MLB Network's take on it this week.

• 2 weeks later...